Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,299 members, 7,819,012 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:56 AM

For Catholics: I Worship Mary!!! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / For Catholics: I Worship Mary!!! (1429 Views)

Mary's Command For Catholics / Why should I worship a 3 Headed God That Was Nailed On The Cross? / A Thread For Catholics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

For Catholics: I Worship Mary!!! by Nobody: 12:38pm On Dec 11, 2013
Hi Brethren,

I, like you, am a Catholic and have had the rare privilege and opportunity of being persecuted for my belief in the teachings of the Holy Mother Church. I know sometimes the attacks can get pretty rough and very frustrating, especially when such attacks are ill-conceived, malicious and an affront to our collective dignity of being part of the body of Christ.

The persecution we face are largely based on truths, half truths, untruths or/and a misguided notion of what people think we do, as against what we really do as Catholics. I do not mind the misconceptions people have about us but one thing I do mind is the way some of us respond to some of the truths that is said about us as if they are wrong.

One of such truths is the way we regard our Blessed Mother Mary, especially when it has to do with whether we worship her or not. It will be untrue to say that we give the worship meant for God to his Mother. It is equally untrue to say that we do not worship Mary but only honour her.
There are different meanings to the word: WORSHIP! There is the worship meant ONLY for God while there is a worship that we can give to mortal men. Brethren, the worship we give to Mary is not the same as that given to God. The worship we give to Mary is NOT the same as that given to just any man. The worship we give to her goes beyond that given to the saints and Angels.

My name is striktlymi, I am a Catholic, I worship Mary and I have no apology to give to anyone for doing this.

2 Likes

Re: For Catholics: I Worship Mary!!! by woky: 12:42pm On Dec 11, 2013
striktlymi don tear singletgrin
Re: For Catholics: I Worship Mary!!! by Valon4ego(m): 12:51pm On Dec 11, 2013
did I hear you say that Catholics face persecution for keeping to their doctrines? Stop deluding yourself dude.

check the history of the Catholic church, open your eyes to what's happening around you.

Catholics are the ones doing the persecuting to the other Christians that don't conform to their dogma
Re: For Catholics: I Worship Mary!!! by anselm791(m): 12:52pm On Dec 11, 2013
Would Jesus worship His mother? Why not just follow His ways and shut the hell up, He came to show us the way, truth and life, but somehow we catholics enjoy being controversial.

1 Like

Re: For Catholics: I Worship Mary!!! by woky: 12:54pm On Dec 11, 2013
anselm791: Would Jesus worship His mother? Why not just follow His ways and shut the hell up, He came to show us the way, truth and life, but somehow we catholics enjoy being controversial.
go stand for sun
Re: For Catholics: I Worship Mary!!! by woky: 12:55pm On Dec 11, 2013
Valon4ego: did I hear you say that Catholics face persecution for keeping to their doctrines? Stop deluding yourself dude.

check the history of the Catholic church, open your eyes to what's happening around you.

Catholics are the ones doing the persecuting to the other Christians that don't conform to their dogma
you dnt knw wat u ar saying
Re: For Catholics: I Worship Mary!!! by Nobody: 12:56pm On Dec 11, 2013
lol
Re: For Catholics: I Worship Mary!!! by woky: 1:21pm On Dec 11, 2013
Logicboy03: lol
dis one no be laffing ish..

E don 2much for dem naaa
Re: For Catholics: I Worship Mary!!! by POPEII: 1:27pm On Dec 11, 2013
Valon4ego: did I hear you say that Catholics face persecution for keeping to their doctrines? Stop deluding yourself dude.

stop peddling lies, first of voice Catholics never persecuted anyone they were defending Christendom against muslims
As for heretics stop acting like innocents and go learn how your leaders were burning catholics in England ans others protestants dominated countries, they were confiscating our churches(can't build anything) .

Catholics stood against Romans (who fed us to pigs and lions) and against Muslims if it wasn't for us you wouldn't b able to call yourself a Christian

2 Likes

Re: For Catholics: I Worship Mary!!! by emmabowin(m): 1:29pm On Dec 11, 2013
Op, you are clearly on your own here as this is not the positon of other catholics worldwide. I think you should see a Rev. Father to explain the teachings of the church to you with regards to mary.We have said it times without number,we do not worship Mary and I advisyou not to. We only honour her being the Mother of our Lord and saviour.
Re: For Catholics: I Worship Mary!!! by POPEII: 1:29pm On Dec 11, 2013
@ op I share you view but I didn't want to go against the rule: we don't worship Mary. I think it Better to stay with that line because our heretic brothers don't know that there are three different ways to worship .
Yes Catholic worship Mary but not the way you think
Re: For Catholics: I Worship Mary!!! by POPEII: 1:35pm On Dec 11, 2013
When you go into a Catholic Church and you see a big, splendid statue of Mary with flowers in front of it, a bank of candles lit before it and an old woman kneeling down, fervently praying her rosary it would seem to be what it looks like: the woman is worshipping a statue of Mary. But if you ask the old woman if she is worshipping Mary she’d say, “Whataryatalkinabout?, I’m praying the rosary.” So what is going on? First we have to define “worship”. From time immemorial worship was identified with a particular action: the action of sacrifice. Pagans worshipped their gods by making sacrifices to them. The Jews worshipped by making sacrifice to Jahweh. The reason we moderns get confused about worship is that we’ve forgotten the principle of sacrifice so we don’t really know what worship is all about. This is understandable from Protestants because they got worried about the sacrifice thing 500 years ago and threw it out. What is most depressing is that most Catholics also don’t understand the “sacrifice is worship” idea either. They’ve been told the Mass is all about “the family of God gathering around the table of fellowship to increase their mutual self esteem and discuss peace and justice issues.” Because of this nonsense the majority of American Catholics don’t have a clue what the sacrifice business is all about, and therefore they don’t know what worship is supposed to be about either. Like the neo-Prots that they are they have come to think that worship is all about hearing a sermon, singing some songs and praying. Now we’re getting down to the reason why Protestants think Catholics worship Mary. They think worship and prayer are the same thing. Therefore, if you are praying to Mary you must be worshipping Mary. Well, the Catholic faith has been around for a long time, and believe it or not, these questions have been asked before, and the Catholics have the answer. It goes like this: there are three categories of respect due in the realm of worship. They go by specific names: Latria, Dulia and Hyperdulia. Latria is worship. It is the worship that is due only to God. This worship consists of offering God our lives, our souls, our minds and our bodies as a living sacrifice (Romans. 12. 1-2) We do this pre-eminently through the sacrifice of the Mass. Dulia is not worship. It is honor. We honor anyone who is eminent and accomplished. We honor them for their brains, their discipline, their wit, their achievement. We honor our parents and grandparents because we owe them that. We honor our loved ones. Part of this honor is that we ask them for things. We come to them with our needs. We look up to them. We respect them. They are our role models and mentors. We have a relationship to them of subservient honor. They are awesome to us. Dulia is also what we give to the saints and angels. We give them the honor that is due to them. As part of this we have a relationship with them. We ask them for things. This is called “praying to the saints.” Hyperdulia is the honor we give to the Virgin Mary. We give her the highest honor because she is unique amongst all God’s creation. She is higher than the cherubim and seraphim. She is the only created being who was honored by God so greatly that his son took his flesh from her. She has totally unique place of honor in heaven and therefore also amongst all of God’s people on earth. The honor we give her, therefore, and the dulia we give her is higher than any other being. But it is not latria. We’re clear about that. We do not worship Mary. The sign of this is that we do not make sacrifice to her. You don’t find any Catholic priest offering a Mass to Mary. No. The sacrifice of the Mass is offered to God the Almighty Father. This also should be understood clearly: the dulia and hyperdulia which we give to Mary and the saints is ultimately honor given to God. We honor the saints (including the Blessed Mother) not for who they are, but for who God made them to be. We honor in them the completed work of grace. We honor in them their faithful obedience, which itself is a gift from God. The Blessed Virgin says, “the Almighty has done great things for me!” We honor Mary and the saints because we are struck with delight and awe at the wonderful things God has done for them. As the moon reflects the sun, so the Virgin and saints reflect the light of Christ. Without him they are nothing. With him they have become divinized–sons and daughters of the Almighty Father. Finally, we insist that it is proper devotion to the Blessed Virgin Mary which corrects all the other errors. Do you think it is a co incidence that as neo-Protestantism has grown in the Catholic Church that Marian devotion has been marginalized, limited sometimes even banned or prohibited? When Marian devotion plays its proper part in the life of the Church we also start to realize what real worship is, and how important the sacrifice of the Mass is to everything else. This is why, despite misunderstandings we come back time and again to thank God for Mary and to honor her as the greatest of all created beings.
emma bowin: Op, you are clearly on your own here as this is not the positon of other catholics worldwide. I think you should see a Rev. Father to explain the teachings of the church to you with regards to mary.We have said it times without number,we do not worship Mary and I advisyou not to. We only honour her being the Mother of our Lord and saviour.
This is exactly what I did not want, striklymi you should have known better . sad
Re: For Catholics: I Worship Mary!!! by woky: 1:36pm On Dec 11, 2013
@Emma and Pope

seems you guys dont undstnd wat the op is trying to say
Re: For Catholics: I Worship Mary!!! by POPEII: 1:38pm On Dec 11, 2013
woky: @Emma and Pope

I think I do but you can always explain.
Re: For Catholics: I Worship Mary!!! by woky: 1:40pm On Dec 11, 2013
POPE II: I think I do but you can always explain.
lets wait for Striktlymi
Re: For Catholics: I Worship Mary!!! by BrightestLight(m): 1:56pm On Dec 11, 2013
The OP just derailed catholic christian evangelization by 10 years.
Re: For Catholics: I Worship Mary!!! by POPEII: 2:01pm On Dec 11, 2013
woky: lets wait for Striktlymi
okay.
I understand him but this thread wasn't necessary
Re: For Catholics: I Worship Mary!!! by woky: 2:23pm On Dec 11, 2013
POPE II: okay.
I understand him but this thread wasn't necessary
Relax

lets wait for him
Re: For Catholics: I Worship Mary!!! by Nobody: 2:44pm On Dec 11, 2013
woky: striktlymi don tear singletgrin

grin
Re: For Catholics: I Worship Mary!!! by Nobody: 2:46pm On Dec 11, 2013
anselm791: Would Jesus worship His mother? Why not just follow His ways and shut the hell up, He came to show us the way, truth and life, but somehow we catholics enjoy being controversial.

You know so little...
Re: For Catholics: I Worship Mary!!! by Nobody: 2:49pm On Dec 11, 2013
emma bowin: Op, you are clearly on your own here as this is not the positon of other catholics worldwide. I think you should see a Rev. Father to explain the teachings of the church to you with regards to mary.We have said it times without number,we do not worship Mary and I advisyou not to. We only honour her being the Mother of our Lord and saviour.

Don't you find it odd that we know how to defend a love letter to a lady friend where we explicitly state that 'we worship the very ground she walks on' but when it comes to understanding the usage when it comes to the Mother of God, we shy away from understanding basic English?
Re: For Catholics: I Worship Mary!!! by emmabowin(m): 2:51pm On Dec 11, 2013
woky: @Emma and Pope

Well I don't need any magician to tell me that there is a clear difference between worship and honour.I personally do not worship Mary because our God is a jealous God and has asked us to worship none other before him in Exodus 34:14.Similarly,Jesus replied satan in the wilderness in matt 4:10 "you shall WORSHIP d Lord your God and HIM ONLY shall you serve"
Re: For Catholics: I Worship Mary!!! by Nobody: 2:53pm On Dec 11, 2013
POPE II: @ op I share you view but I didn't want to go against the rule: we don't worship Mary. I think it Better to stay with that line because our heretic brothers don't know that there are three different ways to worship .
Yes Catholic worship Mary but not the way you think

Um Pope, your post up there sounds more like an apology. I don't apologise for doing what I know to be right. Go through Sacred scriptures and see the example of Jesus. Despite the threat of losing his Apostles, he maintained that he will give them his body and blood as food.
Re: For Catholics: I Worship Mary!!! by Nobody: 2:56pm On Dec 11, 2013
POPE II:
This is exactly what I did not want, striklymi you should have known better . sad

Nah mehn! If anyone is upset with the fact that I worship Mary, then that individual would be upset for a long time because I definitely will not retract what I have said.
Re: For Catholics: I Worship Mary!!! by Nobody: 2:58pm On Dec 11, 2013
*unfollowing*

The end times for catholic church on NL religion section has just begun
Re: For Catholics: I Worship Mary!!! by POPEII: 2:59pm On Dec 11, 2013
Logicboy03: *unfollowing*

The end times for catholic church on NL religion section has just begun
hello sir, my Catholic brother, when do you come back home? Why did u leave the religion of your forefathers?
Re: For Catholics: I Worship Mary!!! by mumumugu(m): 3:09pm On Dec 11, 2013
Heaven and earth hasnt revealed this to you but my Mary. I here by baptise you in the name of the father, son and mary. You are no longer striktlymi but strikemary.
Re: For Catholics: I Worship Mary!!! by anselm791(m): 6:50pm On Dec 11, 2013
striktlymi:

You know so little...

You know so much, in fact with the level of your plenty wisdom, I mgiht start worshipping you.
Re: For Catholics: I Worship Mary!!! by Nobody: 7:12pm On Dec 11, 2013
anselm791:

You know so much, in fact with the level of your plenty wisdom, I mgiht start worshipping you.

Please do!
Re: For Catholics: I Worship Mary!!! by woky: 7:38pm On Dec 11, 2013
grin grin
striktlymi:

Please do!
Let my worship be in the heart that rejoices, for behold, all acts of love and pleasure are my rituals..
Re: For Catholics: I Worship Mary!!! by Nobody: 8:27pm On Dec 11, 2013
woky: grin grin Let my worship be in the heart that rejoices, for behold, all acts of love and pleasure are my rituals..

That's deep...
Re: For Catholics: I Worship Mary!!! by woky: 8:37pm On Dec 11, 2013
striktlymi:

That's deep...
really??

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is It Scriptural To Celebrate End Of The Year And The Begining Of A New Year / Reasons To Believe In God As An Athiest / Only Jesus Can Save

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.