Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,250 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:28 AM

Ade's Chronicle: A Tale - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Ade's Chronicle: A Tale (15617 Views)

A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. / Conflicted Destiny, Chronicle Of A Natural Born Warrior. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ade's Chronicle: A Tale by Missmossy(f): 10:06pm On Jul 20, 2014
kingphilip:
lemme c if I followed him before d tsunami
if I did den twill b easier but if otherwise hmmmmmmmm I can't say
It is well! I do get....
Re: Ade's Chronicle: A Tale by kingphilip(m): 11:18pm On Jul 20, 2014
Missmossy:
It is well! I do get....
I dint follow him n he was last seen 9 days ago
Re: Ade's Chronicle: A Tale by Yettocome(m): 5:19pm On Sep 16, 2014
And who talked about the guy YETTOCOME when he wasnt around? Pls visit www.yettocome02..com for the remaining episodes. I am around and alive. THank you all for the wait.

I remain urs Yettocome.
Re: Ade's Chronicle: A Tale by trendiitee(f): 7:44pm On Sep 16, 2014
Yettocome: And who talked about the guy YETTOCOME when he wasnt around? Pls visit www.yettocome02..com for the remaining episodes. I am around and alive. THank you all for the wait.

I remain urs Yettocome.
welcome back.
Re: Ade's Chronicle: A Tale by MzOG(f): 4:19pm On Nov 12, 2014
Nyc story by I tink u shuld complete the story here as sum pple myt nt av d Chance to check ur blog for d rest.
Re: Ade's Chronicle: A Tale by Yettocome(m): 2:51pm On Dec 29, 2014
Ade's Chronicle 41
Going back to our house is out of the equation for now. Shola had been badly beaten and abused by an ingrate she had set up to a substantial level in life. We could not leave her alone in that state to be alone, who knows if that idiot was even planning on coming to her house for further assault.

Rotimi was shaking his head all through the journey back to Shola's house.
''Ol boy ye, this guy na beast o. Me wey I dey talk sef nko. Like say I never beat woman before, but Shola don suffer for we guy hand o. Me first hit am cos I no get patient to hear her tory come still wan break her head ontop say she wan give me water. This animal come panel beat am ontop say she tell am her past. That guy no too do well o. But sha me I see am I get hope o. I been dey think say na me bad pass. I no fit do am lailai ontop all wetin she don do am for him life. But sha I gbadun as you take batter him body pass Shola own too. Ol boy, na SSS 2 you don fight last o. So you still sabi that hand, I see as you take am destroy Tokunbo o. You do well my guy!'' Rotimi said amusing us all, including the almost blind Shola.
I was happy to see her laugh. It was a good sign. Nevertheless, I never intended on leaving her for a second.

When we got home, Shola and I went in while Rotimi went with the cab to our house to get fresh clothes for us. He would take clothes that would last us for a week and return to Shola's place.

I took Shola to her room after preparing a light meal of noodles and egg for her which she ate before taking her drugs. It was the first time I would set foot in her room. The room was lovely. It spoke of her personality, gentle, caring, loving and tender. The colour pink dominated the room with touches of light blue. On her bed was a giant teddy bear that sleeps and wakes up with her. On the wall was the picture of all her family members including her step mum. I could not but marvel at the peace the room gave on entering it.

I laid her on the bed, tucked the duvet around her and told her to flash me if she needed anything and left the lovely room which invited me to sleep.

Rotimi came back sooner than I expected. He was on the phone with his fiancée narrating all that went on to her. They were like Siamese twins and I was happy for them. Nothing happened to us that she doesn't know and vice versa. A difference from 'Dara who hears mine and give scanty tales about hers. He told her that I was falling in love with Shola which I vehemently denied but deep inside me, I knew it was true. I eventually snatched the phone from Rotimi and spoke to 'Ranti confirming the incident. I told her what her fiance said and did and she laughed that only God can save Rotimi from that flaw of his, quick and fast anger like Sango (Yoruba god of thunder) which subsides faster than the foams on the waves of the atlantic ocean. I asked when she would visit us from school and she promised to come down to Lagos to see us as soon as they have a break. Ranti schooled in the Federal University of Technology, Owerri. They had met during our service in the East. She also said she could not wait to meet Shola who was yearning to meet her too.

We ate a light dinner and slept after checking on Shola who was fast asleep. She looked like a baby in her sleep and I had to force myself to leave there lest I watch her till daybreak.

We woke up and prepared for work and by seven a.m we woke Shola to eat and take her drugs then we left for school. In school, we explained to the principal that she had a minor accident and would take time for her to heal before resuming for work. He generously granted her leave and told us that he too would check on her after school hours, which he did.
Through out that day in school, parents continued to throng into the principal's office to thank him for the couselling session the students had. He in turn kept directing them to us. We left school that day with enough cash to pay our salaries for three months each. It would have been more had we not rejected others. We also went home with foodstuff and other valuables which were given to us as tokens of appreciation. I called Shola to tell her about it and inquire about her health, she was happy. We also talked to Dr. Tanimowo who said it's our for the keeps and he also said he had received numerous calls and thank you texts from many parents over the weekend. Bunmi, Bimbo and Bola came to say hi to us. Folake and Ronke too were full of thanks. Our heads was well swollen.

School closed and students and staff thronged the house to greet Shola. After they left, We were happily sharing gist with Shola in the sitting room around five in the evening after eating our lunch, when Shola's phone rang. She looked at the screen and her countenance changed. I noticed it faster before she cut the call. I did not talk. It rang again but I told her openly to pick it not knowing who it was. She stared at me and picked it.

''Hello Tokunbo,'' She said...

© Yettocome™ 2013
Ade's Chronicle 42
''Consider this relationship over o. You came to my house with that thug to beat me up abi? After coming to tell me all your shameful acts. I corrected you and you slap my face only for your thug to beat me up like someone who had an Okada accident. Shola, it is over between us forever, don't bother trying to beg me o. Just stick with that your thug, okay?'' Tokunbo ranted and raved.
''You know what Tokunbo? You are a shameless fool. I know it's already over even before you said it. So, I just want to thank you for saying it. Move on because I am moving on. And please, don't bother returning all you owe me. You fool.'' Shola said bitterly.

I was happy she could give it to him as he brought it to her.
''Eh eh! That boy is giving you liver abi? Then it is final. But you will regret this okay? Anywhere you and those boys go, just watch your back because I will strike back.'' Tokunbo threatened.
Shola had wisely at that point begin the recording of the conversation.
''So if anything hits you, it's me. You have the effrontery to come to my home and tell me rubbish, slap my face and unleash thugs on me! Ah! You will never try it again, I will make sure I spoil that your fine girl and that no man find you attractive, goodday!'' He said obviously pained at Shola's boldness and terminated the call.

Shola dropped her phone and explained how it went despite my insistence that she shouldn't.
She said she had met him in the room sipping his wine. She had apologised for coming late and had helped him prepared a brief meal of rice. He was eating when she started her story but he was non chalant. After she had explained how she became a paedophile, she had gone on to explain how she hid it from him and her conscience won't let her rest hence her confessing to him and seeking his forgiveness. She said he had not bothered to allow her end it to the counselling part and our role in it when he got furious that Shola was giving 'his own honeypot' (as if he had married her) to young boys and girls. She had tried to calm him down to listen to him that it was now in the past but he had flared up the more and slapped her. She had protested and he had slapped her again which she replied. Then he had started beating her up saying she dared slap him back. She had run out after he had punched and hit her with a glass cup.

Tears streamed down her face again. I stood up and went into our room. Rotimi had followed me and had seen me getting dressed. He did same thinking I intended going back to Ojuelegba to beat the living daylight out of Tokunbo again.

When I got to the sitting room, I told Shola that we are going to the Police Station and she had to go with us. Nothing must happen to us. She went in to change her clothes and took her phone and we got out of the house.

We got a cab which took us to the nearest police station where we lodged an official complaint of threat and assault on Shola. The D. P. O of the station happened to be a woman and on seeing Shola's face, she ordered the arrest of Tokunbo. We took the men to Ojuelegba and fortunately for us, Tokunbo was at home. I pointed to him and some witnesses who I could identify from the previous day. They were interrogated and all attested to the fact that he assaulted Shola. He was then whisked away to the station. He spent the night there.

After school the next day, Shola prevailed on the DPO to release him after he had signed an undertaking if anything should happen to the three of us, he would be held responsible. The battered Tokunbo looked at us scornfully and signed the undertaking. He had beed beaten up a little in the cell by those he had met there. The DPO warned him sternly never to touch a woman again in his life and that he should be grateful that Shola did not press charges against him. She dismissed him with the instruction that all things taken from him should be returned. We thanked her and left her office. At the counter, I gave one of the officers who I had become familiar with two thousand naira. He was happy and thanked me profusely.
I was surprised that the Police could be of help to us in such a just manner and without collecting a dime for discharging their duty. Really, I was impressed.

Outside the station, Tokunbo met us waiting for the cab we had called. He came to my side, looked at me and said,
''You don't anything about that bitch, right? She told me some things about herself which made me angry. I know she won't tell you cos you are her new toy. No problem, I wish you luck and when she finds a new toy, she would make sure you visit the station again but as the vanquished and not the victor.''
I scoffed at him and hissed. He was a very bad loser and to me, a nonentity.

I told Shola and Rotimi what he said and Shola laughed and *yinmu at him. Our cab arrived and we left him standing there with Shola thanking God for taking him out of her life forever...

N.B. I don't know the English equivalent for that word o. Pls, bear with me.
© Yettocome™ 2013
Re: Ade's Chronicle: A Tale by Yettocome(m): 2:51pm On Dec 29, 2014
Ade's Chronicle 43
Shola resumed immediately her wounds got healed. She was happier than she was before the incidents. She had become a role model to all the students in the school. The more the day broke, the more Shola increased in goodness. I had taken time to be observant of her. I saw that Tokunbo's absence in her life had added to her joy. It radiated all over her. I was getting hooked.

Shola's house had become our second home. We shared our stay in both houses and we were never found wanting in the race to catch our fun. Our house too was not too far for her. If we stayed too long for her liking, she would come down and she would not leave for days. Our understanding of one another grew by the day and we were more or less triplets. But I yearned for more than friendship.

Bunmi, Bola and Bimbo were our best students ever. They came to our house and Shola's at will and introduced their boyfriends to us for assessment. A 'no' from us was their no and our 'yes' was theirs. They almost worshipped us. Their parents entrusted them in our care and we never disappointed. Things really got better between us.

The term went very fast and exams came and went by. The holidays were very eventful for everyone as we all had little or nothing to do. Rotimi and I travelled home for a week and Shola had insisted that she would go with us. We had little or no option than to go with her. She stayed in our house. My parents liked her right from the word go. My mum had called me aside to inquire what I intended doing with her and I had told her that she was just a friend. Mum begged me not to let such a good and homely girl slip away from my grasp. I told her that I was taking my time to study females generally after what 'Dara did to me. Mum eventually left me to my thoughts because she believed I knew what I wanted in a wife and would surely get the best possible. The truth was that I had begun to develop a kind of love for Shola but I would hate it if she turned me down because she kept telling us that she is waiting for her dream man to make the move. According to her, this dream man of hers had captured her whole essence and given her life since the demise of her relationship with Tokunbo. Still, when we ask who the man was, she always said that the man was not far from us.

Rotimi's parents had been briefed by that garrulous friend of mine. So, when Shola and I eventually visited them for two days, his mum had called me aside and repeated what my mum had told me and I had told her what I told my mum. She prayed for God's guidance for me.

After a week and half, we left our parents place and headed to Zaria to complete the other half of our holiday with Dr. Tanimowo. We travelled by road since that was what Rotimi and I could afford and were familiar with. Shola had suggested that we pay him an unscheduled visit. She had also offered to pay for our flight tickets but we had refused on the premise that the road journey would also be full of fun, thrills and excitement especially for her since it was her first time of travelling outside the south western part of the country. We made jest that she was conversant with the skyline so it was time to familiarise herself with the greens.
She was outnumbered hence her revolt was minimal and to Zaria we headed on the roads.

We had called Dr. Tanimowo when we got to Zaria on a Friday and he had said he was in his office in school. We headed to school and got to his office. I knocked on the door and he answered that whoever it was should come in. Rotimi opened the door and Shola stepped in followed by Rotimi and lastly, I.
Dr. Tanimowo raised his head and was shocked to see us.
''Una wan kill person? Una no fit say una dey come abi? Oya comot my office na na before I throway sand sand for ya body.'' he said in mock anger.
''We no be spirit, throway sand sand we no go vamoose. We tanda gidigba full ground gadagada.'' I said as we all laughed.
He stood up and greeted us. Each with a big bear hug. He was surprised when we told him we would be his guest for a week. He packed his bag and we headed home after he had finished what he was doing.

His wife welcomed us and made our stay memorable. Rotimi and I took Shola round the places we knew with nostalgic feelings. It was a really memorable time for us all.

After a week in Zaria, we headed back to Lagos by road again, this time, Shola had suggested it saying it was more lively than flying. We got to Lagos at night and we had to sleep over till the next day at Shola's.
The following morning, we all took a long stroll to our house to see what had happened in our absence. All our nighbours greeted us and lamented how they missed us. When we got to our door, Shola caught sight of two brown envelopes at the door and called our attention to them. We looked inside and found what made us shout out in a loud voice...

© Yettocome™ 2013
Ade's Chronicle 44
Everyone in our compound heard the shout and came out to know what is happening to these ‘two mysterious guys living in our compound.' They needed to satisfy their curiosity.

The letters were from one of the many companies where we had gone for interviews. We had even forgotten about this particular one. But the offer was just too juicy to reject. The letter read thus:

Dear Mr. Ade Aderemi,

APPOINTMENT LETTER

Following the successful interview you had with us, we are pleased to offer you the post of a FINANCIAL ANALYST (Rotimi was employed as an Accountant.) with immediate effect.
You will be placed on a basic salary of 1.5m naira per annum. You will also be entitled to the following allowances:
Transport: 1m
Housing: 1.5m
Leave: 20% of basic salary
Medical: 900,000 and
Wardrobe: 750,000...
Other terms of your appointment are stated in the company's conditions of service... Congratulations.

Rotimi's letter also read the same. We were to resume the following working day for a pre-employment medical at the company's medical centre. They were an auditing firm and one of the biggest in the country. We were to work in their Lagos office on the Lagos Island.

We had also called our parents who were beside themselves with joy. Rotimi's mum had been very happy. They asked if we were employed separately and we replied that we would be working in the same organisation but in different capacities. My mum also had pointed to me that it was time to tidy up things with Shola.

Shola asked us what the next thing was and we told her that it was time for celebration. The letter had come the previous morning before our arrival from Zaria. The celebration was done for everybody who cared to take part in it.

After the celebrations that day, we decided with Shola that we would still be living in that house and continue shuffling between our house and Shola's. Only our wardrobe would be changed.

We drafted our resignation letter and went to the Principal's house to tender it. He was sad to lose us. He said we were change agents in the school and that the school would forever be grateful to us. He also said that he would make sure a befitting send forth programme was organised for us when the school resumed. We were paid all the entitlements due to us and with it; we headed to the Yaba market to buy what we needed.

We had bought clothes, shoes, ties, cufflinks, and two complete suits each. We also bought things for Shola. She was the one who selected all the things we bought. She refined our fashion sense, especially mine which was very crude at the time. She selected the right materials and the correct colour combination for us. She also made sure we bought accessories such as starch and another steam iron. Our previous dressing had mostly been Tee Shirts and Jeanswear and a few shirts. We had a few native wears too. Hence the need for the shopping we did. Shola had again struck another bell in my heart. Yet I fear her dream man who was my greatest competitor and had so far refused to surface.

We went back home with our booty and settled down to eat another deliciously cooked meal from the hands of Shola. The one we ate before going to Yaba had digested. Rotimi remembered that we had not told our adopted children and their parents.

We called Bunmi's parents, then Bola's and finally Bimbo's parents. They were all happy for us but they were sad that we were leaving their daughters' school. We promised to still be around and that we would still be the big brother figure we had always been. They prayed for our continual success and upliftment in our new challenge.

The next to be told was the girls themselves. They were virtually weeping over the phone. None of them was around because they had all travelled for the holidays. They said they would miss us a lot in the school. We had to reiterate what we told their parents before they stopped crying. We also gave them the consolation that Shola was still in the school and would be our eyes and representative to them. Hearing that, they calmed down and wished us well.

Dr. Tanimowo was as mischievous as he could. He was also very happy for us and he reminded us that we should not forget our Masters programme which we too had thought about. Then he said that we needed to develop ourselves by writing professional exams as much as possible. We too agreed and promised to begin the process involved in them. He gave us a target of six months to get advanced certificate in our fields. He then spoke again to me privately. I asked if he knew who Shola's dream man was, he laughed for a while before saying,
''I sabi am wella and na somebody wey you been dey see. I no go tell you. Na you go fight am collect the babe. The guy strong and get brain wella. So make you soji your life before him go carry the babe patapata.''

I thanked him and thought about his words and then I resolved within me to find this guy who is trying to win Shola from me...

© Yettocome™ 2013
Ade's Chronicle 45. (Episode Finale)
Monday finally came and we had left home at five thirty in the morning in a bid to arrive at the office early. Shola had done us the pleasure of selecting what we wore and she had ironed them for us while we slept after a heavy meal of eba and efo riro. She had slept in our place the previous night and had woken us up by four thirty a.m. She made sure we ate a breakfast of bread and tea before leaving home. She was a darling.

We got there at seven forty-five a.m and we were directed to the office of the Human Resources manager where we were further directed to the medical centre not too far away from the company itself. We were tested for blood sugar, eyes, ears, malaria, genotype, height, weight, and many others. We were asked to go back to the office where we were told that we passed. I marvelled at the speed with which the test results came out. Everything was under five hours.

At the office, our individual department heads were shown to us and still we were not separated. The auditing and accounting departments of the organisation were fused. It was only our offices that were different.

My office was a sight to behold. It was very comfortable and spacious with the relevant things which made work easy. Our laptops and mobile internet modems had been waiting for us in our offices. I was glad I got the job. I had a secretary whose office was just outside mine. Rotimi too said he had one.

By the time we were introduced to the major and minor members of staff of the organisation, it was time to leave for home. We were asked to take our laptops which we thankfully did and behold, we had one or two files on them to work on and which will familiarise us with our individual designation. Work had really started!

That was how we became full time workers leaving home everyday at five a.m and returning home at eight p.m to the waiting arms of Shola whose love continue to grow in me by the day.

Shola had decided to be a teacher for the rest of her days. She said the job would avail her the opportunity to care well for her family and children and I had said that lucky is the husband who marries her and she had laughed at my statement.

After a year of working and bagging two professional certificates each, Rotimi and I decided it was time to begin preparing for married life. We had rented a four bedroom flat in our area. It was a new house and Rotimi had picked the second floor while I took the last floor. We furnished and moved into the house with the ever reliable Shola with us.

It was then I decided to take the bold step that will decide my fate with Shola, whose dream man still eluded us.

Rotimi had helped me get a diamond engagement ring without Shola's knowledge. We had both organised a house warming event with a few friends including Rotimi's fiancee, Ranti, who was by then serving in Lagos and Dr. Tanimowo, who was also in the know of things, in attendance. The party had gone on smoothly until I had asked Shola for a dance. We danced for close to an hour and she was very happy as she gracefully stepped around the dance floor in her red dinner gown. I could not but shiver at the fear of failure in such an event of such magnitude.

The M. C announced that one of the celebrants had an announcement to make. My heart pounded wildly as shakily took the microphone. I greeted everybody present and thanked them for coming then I said,
''This is to thank everybody as I had said. But most importantly my friend Oluwarotimi wha had been a pest and a brother to me in all things. His fiancée, Ranti who is now back in Lagos with lots of Ibo language and my beloved mentor and helper, Dr. Olumde Tanimowo who flew in from Zaria. And finally to God who has made today a reality. I had fought this for a long while and had battled to keep fit. I just believe that if I lose today it will be on record that I tried to win but came second. With this I want to implore you al to help me beg that lady in flowing red dress, Oluwanishola, to marry me. Shola, will you please marry me?''
Then I dropped to my knees and held out the ring.

Shola turned blushing, crying and smiling as she approached the point where I was. She took the microphone and said.
''Yes, Ade, I will marry you. Why did it take you so long? You were my dream man I had been talking about. I had waited for this day day and night. Ade, I love and will always love you.'' She gave me her hand and I slipped the ring into its place firmly never to remove it again.

The compound roared into a rapturous applause as I swept her off her feet and gave her a long kiss. One I had been dying to give her for a long while. Rotimi took his own too and we all danced to the beat of Sunny Neji's 'Oruka'.

We shall invite you to our wedding which I think would hold the same day at the same venue. Yes, we can do it....

STOP CHILD ABUSE, IT RUINS LIVES AND DESTROYS GENERATIONS...

THE END...

N. B. All comments and reservations are welcome as usual. Thanks.

© Yettocome™ 2013

1 Like

Re: Ade's Chronicle: A Tale by kingphilip(m): 12:41pm On Dec 31, 2014
yettocome baba I hail u o... u finally completed this piece after a while
the piece is good

Hope we'll be seeing more of u in the coming year
Re: Ade's Chronicle: A Tale by Horlardorjah(m): 7:18am On Jan 04, 2015
Great piece, one of a kind. Thumbs up, interesting, educating & inspiring.
Re: Ade's Chronicle: A Tale by Fremlin: 3:10pm On Oct 15, 2015
[b][/b]bro.,.u too much!....[color=]bro.,.u too much!....[/color]bro.,.u too much!....
Re: Ade's Chronicle: A Tale by nurtos: 10:04pm On Oct 31, 2015
Therock5555:
Baba i don show.
*grabs front seat*
i hope bleeping scences go dey ba? gringrin
make I follow too........
Re: Ade's Chronicle: A Tale by Ogamysamo: 10:53pm On Dec 21, 2022
what an unpredictable story, I Love It

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ola Rotimi's 79th Posthumous Birthday Is Today / Top 10 Nairaland Stories Of The Week / Chimamanda Adichie Speaks To High School Students In Washington DC (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.