Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,657 members, 7,809,484 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:26 AM

Who Or What Do You Think The Writer Of This Poem Is Speaking To - Poems For Review - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Poems For Review / Who Or What Do You Think The Writer Of This Poem Is Speaking To (2315 Views)

Help Decipher This Poem / $100 Prize To Explain What This Poem Means / In Love With A Goddess (Please Criticize this poem ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Or What Do You Think The Writer Of This Poem Is Speaking To by Coco29(f): 4:05pm On Jun 18, 2006
i write poems whenever an issue touches me, negatively or positively, how ever i do not name them because i feel that the reader should know what writer is feeling with out having to spell it out. so let me know what you all think this poem is about.

did it hurt you to know that i had survived
did your heart bleed to know that i am still
alive did you think that i would have disappeared
along with my ancestors in the pages of
history well i have news for you am still here
and it is no mystery.

my hands were bond and feet shackled my
home taken from me with out pity my family
torn from my heart for all eternity

you look surprise to see me still alive
i could see the fear in your eyes oh
i know that state you are afraid that i
will retaliate.

well you have no reason to fear me am not bitter
or angry i don't even feel envy because i survive i
stand here triumphant in victory i am still
here and will continue to be.
Re: Who Or What Do You Think The Writer Of This Poem Is Speaking To by diddy4(m): 4:52pm On Jun 18, 2006
are u refering to a guy or a girl dat poisoned you or something.

or did you cheat death?

cuzz the theme of the poem sounds like you cheated death or you were meant to die den you escaped and survived.
Re: Who Or What Do You Think The Writer Of This Poem Is Speaking To by Coco29(f): 5:01pm On Jun 18, 2006
diddy4 in the poem there are words that should have let you understand what i am writing about. my friends and family think it was about the same things you said it show how passionate i feel about that time in our existence.
Re: Who Or What Do You Think The Writer Of This Poem Is Speaking To by diddy4(m): 5:03pm On Jun 18, 2006
oh i see, den the poem is misleading if im not the only one dat tot of what i said, well, nice poem.
Re: Who Or What Do You Think The Writer Of This Poem Is Speaking To by Coco29(f): 5:10pm On Jun 18, 2006
sweetie later i will say what it is about and explained then you will see it is not misleading, do you read MAYA ANGELOU her poems are like that but she names them so people know what she is talking about.
Re: Who Or What Do You Think The Writer Of This Poem Is Speaking To by diddy4(m): 5:15pm On Jun 18, 2006
im not really into poem and stuff. but when i see a nice piece, i know it. this is my first post in this section.

you should try organizing it. it will sound better.

COCO29:

did it hurt you to know that i had survived
did your heart bleed to know that i am still alive
did you think that i would have disappeared
along with my ancestors in the pages of history
well i have news for you am still here
and it is no mystery.

my hands were bond and feet shackled
my home taken from me with out pity
my family torn from my heart for all eternity

you look surprise to see me still alive
i could see the fear in your eyes
oh i know that state
you are afraid that i will retaliate.

well you have no reason to fear me
am not bitter or angry
i don't even feel envy because i survive
i stand here triumphant in victory
i am still here and will continue to be.

read dat, i didnt edit it, i just re-organized it. tell me what you think.
Re: Who Or What Do You Think The Writer Of This Poem Is Speaking To by Coco29(f): 5:23pm On Jun 18, 2006
girl that's some good editing, I HAVE MORE grin seriously it reads better this way i will pay more attention wink
Re: Who Or What Do You Think The Writer Of This Poem Is Speaking To by diddy4(m): 5:25pm On Jun 18, 2006
actually, im a guy. cheesy cheesy cheesy

and if you have more, send it true and i will edit it.

let me confess a little, i love reading poems and stuff but i dont talk too much cuzz people will think u r some sissy. but i no longer care what people think. if you dont like me, you can kiss ma behind. angry angry cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

u welcome sweety. kiss
Re: Who Or What Do You Think The Writer Of This Poem Is Speaking To by Coco29(f): 5:29pm On Jun 18, 2006
i just realize that you are a he shocked shocked

sorry honey i do it all the time hehehe grin grin hehehe

it is nice to know that men can be interested in poetry, it is suppose to be the guide to someone's inner most feelings and thoughts, and your are not a sissy ladies love that kind of thing honey.
Re: Who Or What Do You Think The Writer Of This Poem Is Speaking To by diddy4(m): 5:33pm On Jun 18, 2006
aiight hun, thanks alot. smiley smiley smiley smiley

you got skillz and nice potential and your poems invoke dis feeling of pity, courage and happiness at the same time.

your mood is dat of sadness and indifferent.

your tone has dis vibrant energy but soft and steady.
Re: Who Or What Do You Think The Writer Of This Poem Is Speaking To by Coco29(f): 5:36pm On Jun 18, 2006
ok seeing that you were so nice and all imagine slavery as a person and you met him or her my poem is what i will say to him, how strong we have been, how they took us from africa, how they expected us to stay down and die, is it still misleading?  
Re: Who Or What Do You Think The Writer Of This Poem Is Speaking To by diddy4(m): 5:38pm On Jun 18, 2006
no sweety it aint. you know, if you name a poem, you have already painted half of the picture in the readers mind. dat way you will get the same interpretation.

if people should read your last post, dey wont say what i said, dey will basically say what you have in mind cuzz u have painted half of the picture for them.

thanks for explaing darl.
Re: Who Or What Do You Think The Writer Of This Poem Is Speaking To by Coco29(f): 5:46pm On Jun 18, 2006
it is amazing that nland has people who can actually have intelligent conversation with smiley smiley

and what you felt about the poem is what i wanted so now i think i will name it- i met slavery the other day-

what do you think
Re: Who Or What Do You Think The Writer Of This Poem Is Speaking To by diddy4(m): 5:51pm On Jun 18, 2006
thats ok,

it is a nice title. really nice.

how i met slavery. slavery and I. why were we taken from Africa? slavery so ruthless. and we were taken.

i miss africa. slavery my enemy. slavery took me away or slavery took me. and i survived slavery.

you title is nice but bear in mind that whatever title you give a poem must paint half the picture of what you have in mind.
Re: Who Or What Do You Think The Writer Of This Poem Is Speaking To by Coco29(f): 5:58pm On Jun 18, 2006
you know what, i am in my last year training to become a counselling psychologist, and one of the things that i am aware of is that i put off doing thing that would bring up other issues for me so i will name that poem.

i know it has to show that i am at peace with slavery now that i have met met him and realize that i am no longer angry.
Re: Who Or What Do You Think The Writer Of This Poem Is Speaking To by sweetnini(f): 6:01pm On Jun 18, 2006
Is this ur assignment in school or wat?
Re: Who Or What Do You Think The Writer Of This Poem Is Speaking To by diddy4(m): 6:02pm On Jun 18, 2006
ok, i get you.

goodluck with your schooling and keep writing them poems. im sure you touch a lot of people with it.

was really nice reading your poem. brought back my poetry skillz. thanks alot.

@sweetnini

what has poem got to do with psychology? and d lady you are talking to is way above what u just said.
Re: Who Or What Do You Think The Writer Of This Poem Is Speaking To by Coco29(f): 6:04pm On Jun 18, 2006
diddy4 it was wonderful speaking to you, and you have helped me alot kiss wink
Re: Who Or What Do You Think The Writer Of This Poem Is Speaking To by diddy4(m): 6:07pm On Jun 18, 2006
was a pleasure hun. looking forward to reading more of your beautifully written poems.
kiss smiley wink
Re: Who Or What Do You Think The Writer Of This Poem Is Speaking To by sweetnini(f): 6:09pm On Jun 18, 2006
how would i have known that
it was just a question
do i even know the person?
Re: Who Or What Do You Think The Writer Of This Poem Is Speaking To by diddy4(m): 6:11pm On Jun 18, 2006
thats why it is good to make neutral comments.

anyway, hope u aiight. cheesy cheesy
Re: Who Or What Do You Think The Writer Of This Poem Is Speaking To by sweetnini(f): 6:13pm On Jun 18, 2006
i said wat i was thinking
didnt know it was bad
Re: Who Or What Do You Think The Writer Of This Poem Is Speaking To by sweetnini(f): 6:13pm On Jun 18, 2006
and i'm aight thanks for asking
Re: Who Or What Do You Think The Writer Of This Poem Is Speaking To by diddy4(m): 6:14pm On Jun 18, 2006
u welcome

hope mars is treating u good. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Who Or What Do You Think The Writer Of This Poem Is Speaking To by Coco29(f): 6:15pm On Jun 18, 2006
diddy4 i will put some more later just for u  smiley

sweetnini

poems are just one of my many hobbies, i have never shown my poems to any one but family i just wanted to know if i was writing what i was feeling.  smiley
Re: Who Or What Do You Think The Writer Of This Poem Is Speaking To by diddy4(m): 6:16pm On Jun 18, 2006
thanks CC. im so looking forward to reading them.

thanks alot. kiss smiley smiley
Re: Who Or What Do You Think The Writer Of This Poem Is Speaking To by sweetnini(f): 6:51pm On Jun 18, 2006
mars is treating me nice

@coco29,
lol
i love  your poems
i to writ poems as a hobby
Re: Who Or What Do You Think The Writer Of This Poem Is Speaking To by eveseh(f): 8:21pm On Jun 18, 2006
nice one
Re: Who Or What Do You Think The Writer Of This Poem Is Speaking To by Coco29(f): 2:17pm On Jun 19, 2006
[@coco29(what kind of name is that it sounds like one drink like that in hausa land ilmfao koko yea right koko)i love your poems
i to writ poems as a hobby
[quote][/quote]

coco because it is a natural product, it is rich in color, delicious to drink and smell wonderful like me - 29 is my age.

i am happy that you like my poem, i will write some more.

diddy4 what do you think
Re: Who Or What Do You Think The Writer Of This Poem Is Speaking To by diddy4(m): 4:11pm On Jun 19, 2006
hi CC,

if u are asking me about your name, i love it. it reminds me of coco butter, plus i can shorten it to CC(which is so sexy) kiss

if its about u writing more poem, please write more cuzz u have got your number one fan who happens to be ME. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Who Or What Do You Think The Writer Of This Poem Is Speaking To by Coco29(f): 4:20pm On Jun 19, 2006
hey
did you read my new ones
Re: Who Or What Do You Think The Writer Of This Poem Is Speaking To by Coco29(f): 4:25pm On Jun 19, 2006
hey how are you doing today,

i did write some new ones

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Foolish Heart / Wrong Number / Never To Be Caught Heartbroken

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.