Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,588 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:34 PM

My Foolish Heart - Poems For Review - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Poems For Review / My Foolish Heart (2318 Views)

Foolish Onyeka / Mr Foolish (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Foolish Heart by TypicalAngel(f): 3:12pm On Jul 10, 2021
[i]*My foolish heart*

Please anybody that understands why things happen the way and in manner they happen should come to me.

My foolish heart keeps wandering about.
'Stay still, stay still please, do you enjoy getting your heart broken?' I ask myself in tears 'stay still I beg of you, no one's worth it'

I was born sturbon, barely seven months and didn't even need an incubator. I've always been so sturbon I rigorously chase stars that weren't meant for me..

I believe in prose, I believe in second chances, I believe in love, so I forgave anything.

I lack self confidence, I've hurt a lot of people, I've broken a lot of hearts, I've let a lot of people down.
I tried to changed and believe me I did, but nemesis caught up with me, 'you can't run away from your sins Angel who would pay for them?' Nemesis asked

I've never been the best of anything, I've never thrived in anything, I never put myself up for challenges because I knew I'd fail.. *A total failure'* that's what everybody knew me as.

When I fall in love it makes me feel special, like I could move any mountain..I go completely naked when I'm in love, I've been warned strictly about that but of course my foolish heart was too busy dreaming to pay attention to the words of advice.

I'm the girl who claims to know it all when in reality I know nothing, I'm as fragile as an egg, hold me too hard I'd break, hold me to light I'd fall.

It takes adherence and patience to deal with me, unfortunately time has never been a luxury for anyone.

Recognize that I'm the villain, not the other party, I've always been the villain. Can you blame me? I just wanted a love that'd fix all my broken parts. A love that'd break all chains and defile time and existence..

Little did my foolish beating heart know, that there was no such love, except only in the movies, and if there was, I'm a sinner I wouldn't get redemption. *After all the monstrous things I've done I dared to crave a perfect love?*

'Go back, you're not needed here' retribution ordered!
'Stand and stake a claim' my foolish heart insisted.. and foolishly I did.
Now I've been sentenced to a long life of agony and disappointments. *'Oh love, look what you've done to me...'* cry

Typical Angel..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Foolish Heart by Truvelisback(m): 4:40pm On Jul 10, 2021
TypicalAngel:
[i]*My foolish heart*

Please anybody that understands why things happen the way and in manner they happen should come to me.

My foolish heart keeps wandering about.
'Stay still, stay still please, do you enjoy getting your heart broken?' I ask myself in tears 'stay still I beg of you, no one's worth it'

I was born sturbon, barely seven months and didn't even need an incubator. I've always been so sturbon I rigorously chase stars that weren't meant for me..

I believe in prose, I believe in second chances, I believe in love, so I forgave anything.

I lack self confidence, I've hurt a lot of people, I've broken a lot of hearts, I've let a lot of people down.
I tried to changed and believe me I did, but nemesis caught up with me, 'you can't run away from your sins Angel who would pay for them?' Nemesis asked

I've never been the best of anything, I've never thrived in anything, I never put myself up for challenges because I knew I'd fail.. *A total failure'* that's what everybody knew me as.

When I fall in love it makes me feel special, like I could move any mountain..I go completely naked when I'm in love, I've been warned strictly about that but of course my foolish heart was too busy dreaming to pay attention to the words of advice.

I'm the girl who claims to know it all when in reality I know nothing, I'm as fragile as an egg, hold me too hard I'd break, hold me to light I'd fall.

It takes adherence and patience to deal with me, unfortunately time has never been a luxury for anyone.

Recognize that I'm the villain, not the other party, I've always been the villain. Can you blame me? I just wanted a love that'd fix all my broken parts. A love that'd break all chains and defile time and existence..

Little did my foolish beating heart know, that there was no such love, except only in the movies, and if there was, I'm a sinner I wouldn't get redemption. *After all the monstrous things I've done I dared to crave a perfect love?*

'Go back, you're not needed here' retribution ordered!
'Stand and stake a claim' my foolish heart insisted.. and foolishly I did.
Now I've been sentenced to a long life of agony and disappointments. *'Oh love, look what you've done to me...'* cry

Typical Angel..
Nice one.
Re: My Foolish Heart by zyzxx(m): 8:49am On Nov 19, 2021
You described someone i knew perfectly...
so sad embarassed embarassed embarassed

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Who Or What Do You Think The Writer Of This Poem Is Speaking To / Wrong Number / Colours Of Truth - A Book Of My Versed Thoughts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.