Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,592 members, 7,812,929 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:50 PM

Can A Fiancee Beater Change In A Marriage? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can A Fiancee Beater Change In A Marriage? (11288 Views)

Wife Beater Looks Happy In Court Today (Photo) / My Brother's Fiancee Is An Ex-prostitute Have Slept With. Should I Tell / The Little Things That Determine The Success Of A Marriage. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A Fiancee Beater Change In A Marriage? by meforyou1(m): 8:40pm On Dec 12, 2013
It will get worse. If u find yorself in an abusive relationship. Drop everything you are holding, pack your bag and go without looking back. It will get really worse. trust me. I am a man and I know

1 Like

Re: Can A Fiancee Beater Change In A Marriage? by GentleFrank(m): 9:11pm On Dec 12, 2013
I don't know for now !
Re: Can A Fiancee Beater Change In A Marriage? by DECOtech(m): 9:25pm On Dec 12, 2013
sapien: Would a fiancee beater not turn to a wife beater at the end of the day?
My answer to you is a capital YES!
Re: Can A Fiancee Beater Change In A Marriage? by herquleez(m): 9:32pm On Dec 12, 2013
Mumu question!!!!!!! She enjoys his 'caring and generosity' (those two words for a woman are synonymous with 'rich'. My conclusion? The guy is well to do, she's attracted to his money. The mumu geh knows the answer to the silly question, she however attracted to the money.
Re: Can A Fiancee Beater Change In A Marriage? by sapien(m): 9:56pm On Dec 12, 2013
Thanks, y'all. I have forwarded all your comments to her e-mail. We'll get to meet over the weekend, then we'll get to talk in length.
@ Aluta Continua, your advise is gonna be very difficult. I am not really in talking terms with her parents, so I can't possibly walk up to them and convince them about calling off the wedding. May I say she is also an only child; that's why I am really worried for her and her future.
Re: Can A Fiancee Beater Change In A Marriage? by alphawg(m): 10:25pm On Dec 12, 2013
Only child? See rough play o... shocked. Well, most of the comments were just plain truth. U a good friend.
Re: Can A Fiancee Beater Change In A Marriage? by Ishilove: 11:16pm On Dec 12, 2013
Some women sha. Has she sought the face of God in this whole issue? She loves him but it is not only love that sustains a marriage o.

My neighbour tried it with his wife in public. They were having an argument about his shady movements. The next thing we know, he slapped the woman. The woman screamed and before our very eyes, she replied the man with two even hotter slaps. SLAKPATA!! cheesy cheesy cheesy

The guy 'fell under the power' and landed on ground. The sharp woman quickly gathered her skirts and fled to a neighbour's house. My guy scale fence com enter the farm beside his compound and brought out the biggest stick he could lay his hands on and went in pursuit of Oyedepo's 'daughter' tongue. He went to the compound where she was hiding and started banging on the gate. By this time the neighbours had seen enough and quickly went to drag him away from the gate. As they were dragging him, he was screaming "Leave me! I will finish her!! I will kill her!!!!" grin grin

Who sai. The koko be sey the man don chop beta slap in front of efribodi.

That's what these women beaters need. A woman who will slap the teeth out of their mouth each time they raise their fist to punch. The heavens will shake and be rent asunder the day a man hits me. If I can't hit him back, my brothers will help me beat the spirit of woman bashing out of his body.

1 Like

Re: Can A Fiancee Beater Change In A Marriage? by sapien(m): 11:26pm On Dec 12, 2013
Ishilove: Some women sha. Has she sought the face of God in this whole issue? She loves him but it is not only love that sustains a marriage o.

Heavens will shake and be rent apart the day a man hits me. If I can't hit him back, my brothers will help me beat the spirit of woman bashing out of his body.
*In Janelle Monae's voice* The Electric woman!
Re: Can A Fiancee Beater Change In A Marriage? by bukatyne(f): 11:29pm On Dec 12, 2013
fellis:

What I meant was, is there any man who doesn't have at least one of the traits on that list? Is there any one who is completely free of all the qualities there?
I don't think so.
No offense to anyone.

i understood you perfecting and i am telling you that there are a lot of good men out there
Re: Can A Fiancee Beater Change In A Marriage? by Ishilove: 11:30pm On Dec 12, 2013
sapien: *In Janelle Monae's voice* The Electric woman!
grin
Re: Can A Fiancee Beater Change In A Marriage? by Nobody: 1:07am On Dec 13, 2013
bukatyne:

i understood you perfecting and i am telling you that there are a lot of good men out there

HmmmMmmm.......I wonder how you came across this piece of information.
Re: Can A Fiancee Beater Change In A Marriage? by Nobody: 1:22am On Dec 13, 2013
My answer? He cannot change, at least spontaneously. Why? That's because it is a habit and as an adult, to stop habits like this is very difficult. Permit me to link it to cheating. A cheating man before marriage will most likely cheat after marriage. A man who is used to getting down with multiple women is more likely to cheat than one who has developed a culture of self control and sticking to a partner before marriage. So in conclusion, a woman beater before marriage will most likely be a wife beater after marriage. Dats All.

1 Like

Re: Can A Fiancee Beater Change In A Marriage? by soulglo: 1:27am On Dec 13, 2013
PocketEconomist: My answer? He cannot change, at least spontaneously. Why? That's because it is a habit and as an adult, to stop habits like this is very difficult. Permit me to link it to cheating. A cheating man before marriage will most likely cheat after marriage. A man who is used to getting down with multiple women is more likely to cheat than one who has developed a culture of self control and sticking to a partner before marriage. So in conclusion, a woman beater before marriage will most likely be a wife beater after marriage. Dats All.

kiss
Re: Can A Fiancee Beater Change In A Marriage? by henrimoto(m): 7:19am On Dec 13, 2013
bellong:

What is there to pray about? That God should change him or what? My sister God cannot be mocked. Every man will live with the consequences of his/her choice. With all the glaring evidences prior to the wedding, she shook her head and expecting God to perform magic?

There is a reason God did not create robots but Humans with BRAIN
thank you! that is how some ladies throw away happiness, and put themselves in a marriage of sadness and misery. the hand writing is already on the wall for her to see,but she does nt want to be sincere to her self. her aunt that is encouraging her to go ahead with the marriage will nt be there to share her pains,sadness, and regrets with her. forget about the material things. forget about the sweet talk. what will be sweet about a talk when the talk cann't repair and restore damages and shame done on a woman ? ask the wives that are in violent marriages, they will tell you no amount of money and expensive gifts can be exchanged for peace of heart in marriage.
Re: Can A Fiancee Beater Change In A Marriage? by henrimoto(m): 7:32am On Dec 13, 2013
see, a woman that decides to marry a man that beats a woman at every little provocation because of his material possesions and provisions, is like some one that decide to visit a ritual herbalist for wealth. it (wealth) comes, but it does nt come with the desired peace of mind. to my beautiful ladies, peace of mind/happiness is priceless! when you don't have it, you cann't buy it!
Re: Can A Fiancee Beater Change In A Marriage? by goodgood2(m): 8:00am On Dec 13, 2013
B.itch, don't be silly; that nigger ain't gonna stop doing his thing. Go ahead with the wedding only if you're sure you can continue taking his punches.

But, if you were my sister, i wouldn't even advise you on this- i would be telling you what to do by punching you myself. Once again, don't be silly.
Re: Can A Fiancee Beater Change In A Marriage? by sapien(m): 10:12am On Dec 13, 2013
henrimoto: see, a woman that decides to marry a man that beats a woman at every little provocation because of his material possesions and provisions, is like some one that decide to visit a ritual herbalist for wealth. it (wealth) comes, but it does nt come with the desired peace of mind. to my beautiful ladies, peace of mind/happiness is priceless! when you don't have it, you cann't buy it!
Another wonderful angle to the issue!
Re: Can A Fiancee Beater Change In A Marriage? by sapien(m): 10:15am On Dec 13, 2013
Ishilove: Some women sha. Has she sought the face of God in this whole issue? She loves him but it is not only love that sustains a marriage o.

My neighbour tried it with his wife in public. They were having an argument about his shady movements. The next thing we know, he slapped the woman. The woman screamed and before our very eyes, she replied the man with two even hotter slaps. SLAKPATA!! cheesy cheesy cheesy

The guy 'fell under the power' and landed on ground. The sharp woman quickly gathered her skirts and fled to a neighbour's house. My guy scale fence com enter the farm beside his compound and brought out the biggest stick he could lay his hands on and went in pursuit of Oyedepo's 'daughter' tongue. He went to the compound where she was hiding and started banging on the gate. By this time the neighbours had seen enough and quickly went to drag him away from the gate. As they were dragging him, he was screaming "Leave me! I will finish her!! I will kill her!!!!" grin grin

That's what these women beaters need. A woman who will slap the teeth out of their mouth each time they raise their fist to punch. The heavens will shake and be rent asunder the day a man hits me. If I can't hit him back, my brothers will help me beat the spirit of woman bashing out of his body.
Ishi, was the lady in this scenario Oyedepo's daughter for real?
Re: Can A Fiancee Beater Change In A Marriage? by Ishilove: 12:25pm On Dec 13, 2013
sapien: Ishi, was the lady in this scenario Oyedepo's daughter for real?
Of course not. It is an allusion to the oyedepo slapping brouhaha. grin
Re: Can A Fiancee Beater Change In A Marriage? by nairaman66(m): 12:32pm On Dec 13, 2013
Sweetlemon: I don't know why people equate financial generosity with being caring.

Please abeg. They are two different things entirely. Can you call a rich man who lavishes money on a lady but has done juju to take her womb, destiny, etc away from her "caring"

Please money is just one of the ways of showing that you care. A man who cares about a woman does not even want to see her hurt, not to talk of being the cause of her pain!

Ladies get that into your skulls!

GBAM!!
Re: Can A Fiancee Beater Change In A Marriage? by onegig(m): 1:31pm On Dec 13, 2013

and if you guys were indoors and he carries a pestle to hit the lady, what happens next? You of all people should know men are physically stronger than women and it is foolhardy and irresponsible for any lady to fight back better she leaves the scene than trying to prove one silly theory
Re: Can A Fiancee Beater Change In A Marriage? by Nobody: 2:03pm On Dec 13, 2013
Only fight back when you have a pistol tongue,lets see how manly he ll be with a nozzle aimed directly at his skull.
Re: Can A Fiancee Beater Change In A Marriage? by solacec4t(f): 3:31pm On Dec 13, 2013
If he can easily beat her now that they are not married, he will beat her more when they are married.
Re: Can A Fiancee Beater Change In A Marriage? by winteriscoming: 5:31pm On Dec 13, 2013
Most guys best behaviour is usually when they're asking you out. From there it's downhill. It will get worse during the marriage. Leave now.

God help the guy who decides it is wise to lay hands on my sister or daughter(if i have one).
Re: Can A Fiancee Beater Change In A Marriage? by sapien(m): 6:10pm On Dec 13, 2013
byvan: Only fight back when you have a pistol tongue,lets see how manly he ll be with a nozzle aimed directly at his skull.
Byvar, you can kill in self defence in this case?
Re: Can A Fiancee Beater Change In A Marriage? by Nobody: 6:15pm On Dec 13, 2013
Mmmmhhh,let me see .......huge fists swinging menacingly towards me,i have a pistol in hand,what ll you have me do??wait till my teeth are knocked off undecided?

Every wife beater,is a potential wife killer.

1 Like

Re: Can A Fiancee Beater Change In A Marriage? by Phrankin(m): 9:19pm On Dec 13, 2013
Why do we all tend to runaway from our problems instead of tackling them Headon. My dear sis I'll advice you to get for yourself this kind of thing as a wedding gift. I need not tell you what to do with it

Re: Can A Fiancee Beater Change In A Marriage? by Onegai(f): 10:49am On Nov 05, 2014
But why are we telling this girl not to marry this man? Doesn't she want to join that happy club of Nigerian wives who are praying, ignoring, docile, scared, fearful and looking beautiful in public?

OP, please tell your friend this:

"My dear, welcome to the club that is Nigerian Abusive marriage. Yes, he's beating you now, but I assure you it's going to get worse after marriage.

Who cares! At least you will have that big black jeep, holidays in Dubai and N100,000 brazilian weave on your hair and all the bleaching creame Fifi, Pelle and Mama Tega can mix, you will be the envy of your poor friends (whose husbands don't beat them, btw).

May I recommend the services of a good makeup artist and brands like Black Up, Maybelline and House of Tara? You're going to need lots of makeup to cover up those bruises, darling.

And the rest of the ladies in the Nigerian Abusive Marriage club will also tell you to have good nannies on standby: someone has to take the kids to that posh school in Ikoyi/Lekki in the morning whilst your swollen face is healing from all the pounding the night before.

Eventually he will graduate to beating you up for daring to ask him why he's cheating, so get ready to have a trendy pastor from an upscale church on speed-dial.

Your life is gonna be awesome!"

signed, all the really wealthy society ladies I know, including those whom we called the police for their hubbies, those whom we offered the spare bedroom to sleep (and escape from their angry hubbies), those whom I called the brother that's a doctor to help set bones (while she told her friends "she fell down the stairs", those whom their husbands slapped them publicly at their offices/shops for daring to challenge their gfs and all those ones looking stunning in the mall and at Ebeano and Spar and on the pages of Bella Naija and Thisday style.

Only one gave herself brain and is now fighting for a divorce. I think it was because she moved to England and 7 years later, got the courage to take him to court. And her abusive hubby is determined to NOT let her go. Lord knows why.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Fiancee Beater Change In A Marriage? by Agrika: 8:06pm On Nov 05, 2014
alutacontinua:
Since you're sure that this lady's parents have correct head on their neck, could you please ANONYMOUSLY tip them off dt dey're abt to give their daughter out to a beater?
As CC said, no matter what you say, she'll nit listen. Best thing is to come up with a plan that would not implicate you and let her parents know the situation of tinz.

I know you might wonder why you'll go that far, but trust me, if d man kills her orlands her in hospital, as a friend, u'll also bear some of it!
Best advice so far
Re: Can A Fiancee Beater Change In A Marriage? by Nobody: 3:48am On Nov 06, 2014
sapien:
I decided to post this topic here because I know I'll get mature responses.
I have a high school 'girlfriend' who is engaged and about getting married to her fiance of a year and half in a couple of months, precisely April, next year. She is 25 years old. The problem, however, is that the guy hits and slaps her at the slightest provocation and she is really getting worked up and pondering on calling off the wedding. Though, she says the guy is generous and highly caring but his bad temper is the only turn-off in him. She really loves him. She also doesn't have the guts to tell her parents about the constant slapping and hitting from the guy as it is apparent that they will support calling off the marriage. Her aunt, however, is encouraging her to go into the marriage since the guy is caring and generous. The aunt says the guy might change after the wedding, especially if the lady(my friend) can get pregnant as early as possible. Moreso, they have spent a whole lot of money on the wedding preparation and other miscellaneous. Please, Family section married folks, what advise should I give her? Does she call off the wedding or go ahead and marry the guy with the hope that he'll change? Would a fiancee beater not turn to a wife beater at the end of the day?

One year late to the topic
Don't tell me she has now married the man
Re: Can A Fiancee Beater Change In A Marriage? by bukatyne(f): 7:59am On Nov 06, 2014
Onegai:
But why are we telling this girl not to marry this man? Doesn't she want to join that happy club of Nigerian wives who are praying, ignoring, docile, scared, fearful and looking beautiful in public?

OP, please tell your friend this:

"My dear, welcome to the club that is Nigerian Abusive marriage. Yes, he's beating you now, but I assure you it's going to get worse after marriage.

Who cares! At least you will have that big black jeep, holidays in Dubai and N100,000 brazilian weave on your hair and all the bleaching creame Fifi, Pelle and Mama Tega can mix, you will be the envy of your poor friends (whose husbands don't beat them, btw).

May I recommend the services of a good makeup artist and brands like Black Up, Maybelline and House of Tara? You're going to need lots of makeup to cover up those bruises, darling.

And the rest of the ladies in the Nigerian Abusive Marriage club will also tell you to have good nannies on standby: someone has to take the kids to that posh school in Ikoyi/Lekki in the morning whilst your swollen face is healing from all the pounding the night before.

Eventually he will graduate to beating you up for daring to ask him why he's cheating, so get ready to have a trendy pastor from an upscale church on speed-dial.

Your life is gonna be awesome!"

signed, all the really wealthy society ladies I know, including those whom we called the police for their hubbies, those whom we offered the spare bedroom to sleep (and escape from their angry hubbies), those whom I called the brother that's a doctor to help set bones (while she told her friends "she fell down the stairs", those whom their husbands slapped them publicly at their offices/shops for daring to challenge their gfs and all those ones looking stunning in the mall and at Ebeano and Spar and on the pages of Bella Naija and Thisday style.

Only one gave herself brain and is now fighting for a divorce. I think it was because she moved to England and 7 years later, got the courage to take him to court. And her abusive hubby is determined to NOT let her go. Lord knows why.

Lol!

I do not understand their love for suffering, praying,,enduring and God knows what else

I would like to examine their heads to see what goes on there.

A normal human' s instinct for self preservation is very strong.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How A Man Died And Decayed In His Room Due To Children's Negligence / 2 Kids Found Dead In A Car / Woman Gave Birth To Twins By Different Fathers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.