Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,362 members, 7,819,306 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:06 PM

Why The Widespread Misuse Of The Noun 'molestation' On NL? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why The Widespread Misuse Of The Noun 'molestation' On NL? (634 Views)

18-yr-old Victim Of Gang molestation Commits Suicide / Disgusting Misuse Of Rotfl, Brb, Uwc, Lwgaf, U2m... D Way U Use Em Correct? / Ambulance Drivers & Misuse Of Siren. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why The Widespread Misuse Of The Noun 'molestation' On NL? by lokzie: 7:44pm On Dec 11, 2013
Search the word 'molestation' on nairaland and you will find a lot of places where it is used as a verb. 'Molestation' is a noun, the verb is 'Molest'. Therefore, a man can only molest a woman and not molestation a woman.

I noticed this has been going on for a while but it is difficult to ignore it (I almost doubted the basic knowledge that most words that end with 'tion' are nouns, but thank God the dictionary proved I haven't lost my mind).

My 2cents, please no diatribes or abuse.
Re: Why The Widespread Misuse Of The Noun 'molestation' On NL? by Drniyi4u(m): 8:23pm On Dec 11, 2013
I've also noticed d stuff........."she was molestation "....just dunno wat might possibly cause it
Re: Why The Widespread Misuse Of The Noun 'molestation' On NL? by Karleb(m): 11:24am On Dec 12, 2013
If u type the word RA*PE on nairaland without '*' it will turn to molestation, that explains why "she was rap*ed" turned to "she was molestation", and thesame thing goes for words like: fvck, bre*ast, ni*pples, orga*sm, vag*ina, shi*t and so on.
Re: Why The Widespread Misuse Of The Noun 'molestation' On NL? by Emmyk(m): 2:15pm On Dec 12, 2013
Even e.r.e.c.t.i.o.n. turns to a.t.t.e.n.t.i.o.n. cheesy
Re: Why The Widespread Misuse Of The Noun 'molestation' On NL? by lokzie: 2:20pm On Dec 12, 2013
I see, it makes sense now. Thanks for the explanation. The word R*APE can be a noun and a verb but Nairaland in converting it always assumes it is being used as a noun hence molestation even in cases when it should be molested. Raped
Karleb: If u type the word RA*PE on nairaland without '*' it will turn to molestation, that explains why "she was rap*ed" turned to "she was molestation", and thesame thing goes for words like: fvck, bre*ast, ni*pples, orga*sm, vag*ina, shi*t and so on.
Re: Why The Widespread Misuse Of The Noun 'molestation' On NL? by Karleb(m): 2:58pm On Dec 12, 2013
Iya always welkome.

(1) (Reply)

Celebration Of 7 Years On Nairaland / Does The New Airtel Blackberry Plan Work On Android Phone ? / The 'happiest' Beggars In The World - Onyeka Nwelue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.