Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,412 members, 7,830,089 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:58 PM

Nigerians mocked over the Alleged fake sign language interpreter at President - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nigerians mocked over the Alleged fake sign language interpreter at President (822 Views)

Update On The Alleged Corp Member Who Was Said To Have Absconded With $14,400 / BREAKING NEWS: There’s Cure For EBOLA: The Alleged Cure Is Gotten From Rats / South African Sign Language Interpreter Helped Burn Men To Death In 2003 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians mocked over the Alleged fake sign language interpreter at President by CoenzymeA: 10:20pm On Dec 11, 2013
Nigerians mocked over the Alleged fake sign language interpreter at President Nelson Mandela's funeral service.

Nigeria's image internationally has been so battered to the extent that any mention of scam else where in the world is linked to Nigeria. There have been an out cry by the international deaf community over what they say was a fake sign language interpreter. They said the interpreter was simply making up his own signs. The structure of his hand, facial expressions and the body movements did not follow what the speaker was saying.

Read the full news here:http://news.yahoo.com/outrage-over-sign-language-interpreter-madiba-memorial-082056835.html

Reading comments from people on this issue saddened me, as they started taking swipe on Nigeria due to our notoriety in e-mail scams now popularly referred to as Nigerian Prince. This is not a Nigerian case, it happened in far away South Africa. Why should Nigeria be mentioned in this? It is such a shame that a country so endowed with natural resources, intelligent and hard working people has reduced itself to this type of ridicule. Please Nigerians let's put our house in order, else nobody will take us serious any longer. Long live Nigeria!

Comments by snide-

The translation reads: Hello my name is Mr Roberts Pearson Smith Michael and I am Prince of Nigeria, I have escaped from my country and in desperate need of your assistance to retrieve my millions.

(1) (Reply)

Have You Ever Notice This Before? / What Your Fingers Say About You / NLNG Post-graduate Scholarship Scheme 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.