Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,489 members, 7,819,778 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:03 PM

Abia Distributes 202 Cars To Youths - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abia Distributes 202 Cars To Youths (8426 Views)

Umahi Distributes Made-In-Ebonyi Rice To Workers For Christmas (pics) / Politician Distributes Money In Public (Photo) / Diezani Alison-Madueke Distributes Bags Of Rice On Behalf Of GEJ (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abia Distributes 202 Cars To Youths by MRBENZENE(m): 1:30am On Dec 12, 2013
In continuation of its Youth Empowerment
Programme, the Abia State Government has
given out 202 different brands of vehicles to
Abia youths for the fourth phase of the
programme.
This brings to 700, the total number of vehicles
so far given out by the government to the
youths since the inception of the programme
about a year ago.
Speaking while handing over the vehicles to
beneficiaries at the Michael Okpara Auditorium,
Umuahia, the Commissioner for Local
Government and Chieftaincy Affairs, Chief
Emma Nwabuko explained that the programme
was designed to better the lots of youths in the
state.
Nwabuko also explained that the vehicles
which were branded and registered by the
government were always given free of charge.
According to him, the gesture was not only to
make Abia youths gainfully employed but to be
useful to themselves and the society.
In his remarks, the Special Adviser to the
Governor on Youth Affairs and Development,
Prince Maduka Uwadi asked the beneficiaries
not to use the vehicles for commercial
purposes, resell or deface them, warning that
any person caught going against the guidelines
would have his vehicle withdrawn.
Uwadi announced that the fifth batch of the
exercise would hold before the end of
December.
Meanwhile, two prominent Abia indigenes have
donated 20 vehicles to the scheme. in support
of Abia State Government’s-owned Ochendo
Youths Empowerment Programme headed Mr
Chinedu Orji.
The vehicles were donated by Friday Nwosu,
who gave five Sienna vehicles and Chief Uche
Ogah of Masters Energy, who gave 15 Passat
cars.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/12/abia-distributes-202-cars-youths-2/
Re: Abia Distributes 202 Cars To Youths by Nobody: 1:47am On Dec 12, 2013
I never believed any good thing can still come out of Abia govt. However, is car distribution the new trend in south Eastern govts
Re: Abia Distributes 202 Cars To Youths by LMAyedun(m): 10:04am On Dec 12, 2013
Na wah oh!!
700 cars already.. So Abia Gov't want to turn the Abia youths to Cab drivers bah?
There should be better initiatives about this unemployment issue.

3 Likes

Re: Abia Distributes 202 Cars To Youths by eagleeye2: 10:05am On Dec 12, 2013
Idi Amin: I never believed any good thing can still come out of Abia govt. However, is car distribution the new trend in south Eastern govts
If you look very well, the cars were distributed to friends of the friends of the Government. That is how Abia works.
Also this is good way to launder money before the end of Ochendo's tenure in 2015.

5 Likes

Re: Abia Distributes 202 Cars To Youths by Adesam09(m): 10:07am On Dec 12, 2013
Ok
Re: Abia Distributes 202 Cars To Youths by Dygeasy(m): 10:09am On Dec 12, 2013
They Shouldn't Use The Vehicles For Commercial Purposes And The Vehicles Are To Help The Youths Gainfully Employed.

Who's Confused Here?

10 Likes

Re: Abia Distributes 202 Cars To Youths by deshclones(m): 10:10am On Dec 12, 2013
this dumb guy and his dumb policies.....instead of creating an enabling environment for industries to thrive so as to create life changing jobs and grow the economy,he is busy distributing cars and tricycles..no good roads to ride on..killing the youths etc....what a dumb man...

Have always reiterated that Abia and ebonyi are the bane of development in Igboland...hardly educated and devoid of any known development...lacking in human resources tooo...tufia

7 Likes

Re: Abia Distributes 202 Cars To Youths by kingthreat(m): 10:12am On Dec 12, 2013
Misplaced priorities.

4 Likes

Re: Abia Distributes 202 Cars To Youths by Nobody: 10:12am On Dec 12, 2013
Distribute cars? What would they do with it? Is it taxis or what?
Re: Abia Distributes 202 Cars To Youths by kennyonthrone(m): 10:13am On Dec 12, 2013
Clueless Ex convict

5 Likes

Re: Abia Distributes 202 Cars To Youths by Akshow: 10:14am On Dec 12, 2013
raaaawbiiisssh
Re: Abia Distributes 202 Cars To Youths by SlyIg(f): 10:15am On Dec 12, 2013
Which road dem go take drive d car for Abia kwa!
Re: Abia Distributes 202 Cars To Youths by otosa(m): 10:15am On Dec 12, 2013
In my fatherland. No comment lipsrsealed
Re: Abia Distributes 202 Cars To Youths by McLincolnGuzit(m): 10:18am On Dec 12, 2013
This is a total rubbish the imbecilic governor is using to cover up his mess.The question is which roads will the cars run on?
Time will tell the fate of Nigeria!

3 Likes

Re: Abia Distributes 202 Cars To Youths by kellyjohnson: 10:19am On Dec 12, 2013
Hmm abia,more taut more holigans ,i pity the youths.pl what is a car to many youth unemployed .u guys dont need to be white wash
grin
Re: Abia Distributes 202 Cars To Youths by Nobody: 10:20am On Dec 12, 2013
Wow this is lovely, 202 cars? A round of applause for the governor n people of abia state.
undecided
Madness.
Re: Abia Distributes 202 Cars To Youths by tiamiyukunle69(m): 10:22am On Dec 12, 2013
Na wa for this man o. Only if the cars will ply motorable roads especially in Aba!!!
Re: Abia Distributes 202 Cars To Youths by ifeegee(f): 10:30am On Dec 12, 2013
I really want to weep for my state. God, what did we do to deserve this kind of leadership?
What can I say? Other nations of the world are looking in the direction of micro businesses,cottage industries etc.
My state is busy buying cars in the name of "empowerment "
Lord, one day you'll remember us and deliver us from this bondage. Amen.

8 Likes

Re: Abia Distributes 202 Cars To Youths by Okijajuju1(m): 10:32am On Dec 12, 2013
grin Abia State governor shares Cars..

Anambra State governor shares cars

Imo State governor, shares cars..

Enugu State governor, shares Picanto.. grin

Chai!!!!!!!!!!! grin

Nna men, anyi bu ndi Igbo atago afufu na aka ndi na chi anyi..

4 Likes

Re: Abia Distributes 202 Cars To Youths by andyanders: 10:32am On Dec 12, 2013
MR BENZENE:
Nwabuko also explained that the vehicles
which were branded and registered by the
government were always given free of charge.
According to him, the gesture was not only to
make Abia youths gainfully employed but to be
useful to themselves and the society.
In his remarks, the Special Adviser to the
Governor on Youth Affairs and Development,
Prince Maduka Uwadi asked the beneficiaries
not to use the vehicles for commercial
purposes, resell or deface them, warning that
any person caught going against the guidelines
would have his vehicle withdrawn.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/12/abia-distributes-202-cars-youths-2/
Can the above be explained? A government giving out free cars to 200 youths not to be used for commercial purpose but for what? Giving out such number of cars to them for what? Owning a car by a youth without a job translates to what purpose? Will they use them for kidnapping or political purposes since they have been warned not to use them for any commercial purposes.
I think Theodore Orji and his advisers are sick and need to explain further why giving out these cars to the youths if not for political purposes come 2015.

2 Likes

Re: Abia Distributes 202 Cars To Youths by venorite(m): 10:32am On Dec 12, 2013
[b]HOW LONG
How long shall our people continue to wallow in poverty while a selected few are getting richer?
How long will the president and his household continue to eat #1billion while our people die of starvation?
How long shall we continue to suffer and smile?
How long shall our federal and state roads continue to kill our people?
How long shall our airplanes continue to fall from the skies while several billions are budgeted for the aviation industry yearly?
How long will how politicians continue to ethicize everything by using our national dallies which is supposed to be our eyes and ears as weapons for ethnic battle thereby turning us into ethnic bigots?
How long shall our senates continue to receive billions as salaries and allowances and continue to make laws that favor them and their friends?
How long will our Judges continue to collect money and influence decisions to favor the highest bidder?
How long will our police continue to kill innocent citizens in the name of involuntary discharge, you also see our police and soldiers smoking Indian hemp in public places.
How long will our soldiers continue to punish innocent citizens that wear camouflage but cannot fight Boko haram to a standstill?
How long will INEC continue to promise us free and fair election but still end up rigging the same election?
How long will our pastors and imams continue to extort us in the name of tithe and offerings?
How long will foreigners continue to enslave us in our own country?
How long will our telecommunication giants continue to deduct money when we recharge our phones with our hard earned money and still provide quack services to us?
How long will it take us to understand that PDP, APC, APGA, LP, PPA and all political parties in Nigeria are all the same?
How long will our lecturers continue to demand for sex and money in exchange for marks and at the same time go on strike for not being paid for doing nothing?
Our hospitals are in shambles and our politicians fly off to other countries with better Medicare to receive treatment for their headache and stomach aches while our people die of serious sicknesses.
When did it get to this?
Where are we heading with this?
There is so much going on that if I continue; we might not have an end to this piece. You see a girl of 15 years dating a boy of 18years.for Christ sake, what are they supposed to gain from such relationships?
A house divided can never stand, Nigeria is our home.
We need to come together as a nation to fight these things, we need a revolution or one day we might have no country to call ours.

God bless us all
God bless the federal republic of Nigeria.
[/b]

7 Likes

Re: Abia Distributes 202 Cars To Youths by Lilimax(f): 10:32am On Dec 12, 2013
Is this the best way to empower the youths angry?

Why is it difficult for our leaders to think right undecided?

1 Like

Re: Abia Distributes 202 Cars To Youths by Alenkakent(m): 10:35am On Dec 12, 2013
L.M Ayedun..:
Na wah oh!!
700 cars already.. So Abia Gov't want to turn the Abia youths to Cab drivers bah?
There should be better initiatives about this unemployment issue.
If the youths cld use the cars as cabs, @ least that's a job but the post said, the youth are warned not to use d cars for commercial purposes or sell... So they're not turning them into cab drivers but rather getting the jobless youths confused of what to do with the car gifts...P
Re: Abia Distributes 202 Cars To Youths by kokoA(m): 10:35am On Dec 12, 2013
Abia and Ebony.. Smh!
Re: Abia Distributes 202 Cars To Youths by satowind(m): 10:38am On Dec 12, 2013
Ochendo is the dumbest governor I have eva seen. Y can't abia state say no to bad government lyk imo? Wen it was orji turn people complained dat it was frying pan y den did dey vote fire in. Those bus wit the kind of road in abia won't last up to 2 yrs. Instead of building industries dat will create employment and help abia's economy his dumb skull only told him a monumental bus for the youth that won't be used for commercial purpose and will be running on the roughest road is the answer. We need a change in nigeria. I wonder wat abia state house of assemblies does in there sitting? I gv up
Happy birthday to me.

Happy birthday to me

Re: Abia Distributes 202 Cars To Youths by theozobby(m): 10:57am On Dec 12, 2013
Joke of the day!
Re: Abia Distributes 202 Cars To Youths by ddhandsome2955: 10:59am On Dec 12, 2013
Teacher and other workers are being own in abia state.
This is the money that would have been used to pay workers but the governor is rubbing peter to pay paul.
The commissioner said that the car should not be used for commercial or they will be withdrawn, but at the same time he said it is youth empowerment programme. I ask do u empower a person who will use the cars for private use, since they are instructed not to use the car for comercial purpose. Ironically most of the cars are use for comercial transport which i have even entered. May be the commisioners head is retarded like his boss.
The retarder in-charge of Abia state knows he had failed comparing him with what Imo State , Enugu state governors are doing just to mention but few life changing social ammunities being put in place, but pacifing the angry abias with wash wash the more u look the less u see, sharing of cars free.
We the abians know that the retarder governor is sharing the second hand cars to family members and friends.
EFCC , ICPC and those communities their properties where forcefully acquired without compensation are waiting for you on 2015.
Ibori is cooling of in dungion. Olabode George can tell better. We are waiting till then.
Re: Abia Distributes 202 Cars To Youths by emmanuel77(m): 11:02am On Dec 12, 2013
deshclones: this dumb guy and his dumb policies.....instead of creating an enabling environment for industries to thrive so as to create life changing jobs and grow the economy,he is busy distributing cars and tricycles..no good roads to ride on..killing the youths etc....what a dumb man...

Have always reiterated that Abia and ebonyi are the bane of development in Igboland...hardly educated and devoid of any known development...lacking in human resources tooo...tufia

I think your state is not better than abia in terms of production and education. Don't be carried away with what you read in the news, just trying to be nice though wink cheesy
Re: Abia Distributes 202 Cars To Youths by Okijajuju1(m): 11:04am On Dec 12, 2013
venorite: [b]HOW LONG
How long shall our people continue to wallow in poverty while a selected few are getting richer?
How long will the president and his household continue to eat #1billion while our people die of starvation?
How long shall we continue to suffer and smile?
How long shall our federal and state roads continue to kill our people?
How long shall our airplanes continue to fall from the skies while several billions are budgeted for the aviation industry yearly?
How long will how politicians continue to ethicize everything by using our national dallies which is supposed to be our eyes and ears as weapons for ethnic battle thereby turning us into ethnic bigots?
How long shall our senates continue to receive billions as salaries and allowances and continue to make laws that favor them and their friends?
How long will our Judges continue to collect money and influence decisions to favor the highest bidder?
How long will our police continue to kill innocent citizens in the name of involuntary discharge, you also see our police and soldiers smoking Indian hemp in public places.
How long will our soldiers continue to punish innocent citizens that wear camouflage but cannot fight Boko haram to a standstill?
How long will INEC continue to promise us free and fair election but still end up rigging the same election?
How long will our pastors and imams continue to extort us in the name of tithe and offerings?
How long will foreigners continue to enslave us in our own country?
How long will our telecommunication giants continue to deduct money when we recharge our phones with our hard earned money and still provide quack services to us?
How long will it take us to understand that PDP, APC, APGA, LP, PPA and all political parties in Nigeria are all the same?
How long will our lecturers continue to demand for sex and money in exchange for marks and at the same time go on strike for not being paid for doing nothing?
Our hospitals are in shambles and our politicians fly off to other countries with better Medicare to receive treatment for their headache and stomach aches while our people die of serious sicknesses.
When did it get to this?
Where are we heading with this?
There is so much going on that if I continue; we might not have an end to this piece. You see a girl of 15 years dating a boy of 18years.for Christ sake, what are they supposed to gain from such relationships?
A house divided can never stand, Nigeria is our home.
We need to come together as a nation to fight these things, we need a revolution or one day we might have no country to call ours.

God bless us all
God bless the federal republic of Nigeria.
[/b]

We dont need to come together to fight this..

When Nelson Mandela started the revolution that made him who he is today, he didnt need a crowd.
When Mohammed Bouazizi started the Arab spring by dousing himself with fuel and putting his lighters up, he didnt need a crowd..
When Mahatma Ghandi went on a hunger strike in protest, he didnt need a crowd.

My brother, if you want a revolution, then start it by revolting..

the origin of every ripple is always a small occurence at the epicenter..

2 Likes

Re: Abia Distributes 202 Cars To Youths by Akuviv: 11:07am On Dec 12, 2013
deshclones: this dumb guy and his dumb policies.....instead of creating an enabling environment for industries to thrive so as to create life changing jobs and grow the economy,he is busy distributing cars and tricycles..no good roads to ride on..killing the youths etc....what a dumb man...

Have always reiterated that Abia and ebonyi are the bane of development in Igboland...[/b]hardly educated and devoid of any known development...lacking in human resources tooo[b]...tufia

I agree that the move is a DUMB ONE but to say Abia and Ebonyi are hardly educated and lacks human resources is a DUMB STATEMENT from you. You should be wiser than this. wink

The govt ought to focus on cleaning up the state (they have a very poor waste management system, refuse heaps block the roads while vehicles have to squeeze themselves via narrow pot-hole infested 'tracks'). Good roads, electricity (national wahala, I know) and good health care system should be of a greater priority to the govt than cars. What was the criteria of selection sef? I guess "friends of the friends of the govt" sad
Re: Abia Distributes 202 Cars To Youths by andyanders: 11:08am On Dec 12, 2013
It is time this nation start applying Chinese laws whereby any corrupt leader found guilty be executed. This is madness and stupidity at the highest level of governance.

This was a man brought out from prison and to become a governor. ONLY in Nigeria that a convict becomes a leader. ONLY in Nigeria convicts are celebrated. ONLY in Nigeria leaders steal with impunity. ONLY in Nigeria that leaders become cannibals and murderers. ONLY in Nigeria that political office holders become kidnappers. I weep for this country and I pity Abia people for they have been sold to the devil known as Theodore Orji as a governor.
Re: Abia Distributes 202 Cars To Youths by ManiCypher(m): 11:11am On Dec 12, 2013
I ForeSee prolong parking of those cars in d mechanic workshop & More money 4 d mechanic peeps.Cos with d bad roads in Abia,those cars won't last long.. ;DI ForeSee prolong parking of those cars in d mechanic workshop & More money 4 d mechanic peeps.Cos with d bad roads in Abia,those cars won't last long..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Oil Production Ranking Of States / African Voice Newspaper Honours Jibrin With Anti-Corruption Award 2016 (pics) / Why Northern Senators Opposed Petroleum Industry Bill

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.