Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,805 members, 7,824,352 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 08:44 AM

Programmer In The House I Need Help On How To Set Up Java With Window 7. - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Programmer In The House I Need Help On How To Set Up Java With Window 7. (654 Views)

Dear Programmer In Nigeria: How Much Is Your Salary? / Can One Install Sql Server 2005 Enterprise Edition On Window 7 Ultimate. / What Is The Average Salary Of A Php Programmer In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Programmer In The House I Need Help On How To Set Up Java With Window 7. by lamide718: 2:23am On Dec 12, 2013
Please I need help on how to set up java PATH and CLASSPATH, have try some setting it up but is not responding to d command prompt javac..please urgent help is needed, I need to start programming as soon as possible if this I can find help to resolve the problem. Thanks Famz
Re: Programmer In The House I Need Help On How To Set Up Java With Window 7. by sealteam66(m): 6:43am On Dec 13, 2013
Peter.ugo@yahoo.com
Re: Programmer In The House I Need Help On How To Set Up Java With Window 7. by dgreatwap(m): 6:31pm On Dec 13, 2013
It's nt compulsory to use command prompt to run java program.
With Netbeans or eclipse, all is well.
I jst started programming, precisely java and php.
The only tin i did was dt i installed jdk[provided your system does not come wit it] and i also installed Netbeans[which m usin for nw].
it's Netbeans dt m usin to run my java program.
Click Here for short tutorials on Netbeans......
https://netbeans.org/kb/docs/java/quickstart.html

Gud day!
Re: Programmer In The House I Need Help On How To Set Up Java With Window 7. by Nobody: 7:55am On Dec 14, 2013
The Answer provided by @dgreatwap is correct.
Your request is not necessary and it's an old way of programming.
I am Java SE and EE certified and through my days of studying, I never used CMD. Install the java SDK and also install any favourable IDE of your choice. Netbeans or Eclipse.
Re: Programmer In The House I Need Help On How To Set Up Java With Window 7. by scofield33(m): 3:53pm On Dec 14, 2013
Though is not neccessary to run java programs on CMD. But it's used to verify that you've directed PATH properly. Follow this procedures;
Right click on Computer, hit properties,then goto andvanced settings > hit advanced button > > hit enviroment variables > then create a new PATH on the user variables > to do this you need to know the correct address where java was installed on your system. If you don't know.... Goto your local disk > progrma files ( not program file (x86) !) > hit JAVA on the list of programs > hit jdk1.7.0_04 ...depending on the version you installed > then open the BIN folder > copy the address on the address bar and paste it on the PATH you wanted to created and save. Open your CMD and run the program again_ i believe you know how to go about this!. it will definitely recognize it.

(1) (Reply)

Verite Microfinance Bank / My Web App: NoPay - A Search Engine For Free Things Like Airtime, Data, Etc / The Diary Of A 22yrs Old Blind Coder, His Codes Have Eyes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.