Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,457 members, 7,954,786 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:20 AM

EPL-Manchester City V Arsenal at 1:45 pm-14th Decemeber 2013 - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / EPL-Manchester City V Arsenal at 1:45 pm-14th Decemeber 2013 (914 Views)

Chelsea Vs Liverpool-1:45 / Zambia Vs Nigeria: AWC (0 - 6) On 14th October 2014 / Nembe City V Enugu Rangers (1 - 2) On 22nd March 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

EPL-Manchester City V Arsenal at 1:45 pm-14th Decemeber 2013 by nerodenero: 1:02pm On Dec 12, 2013
City have made the Etihad Stadium a fortress this season, winning all seven home games in the top flight and scoring 29 goals in the process.

Manuel Pellegrini's side have also only conceded twice at home in the Premier League and come into the game on the back of a stunning 3-2 win at Bayern Munich in the UEFA Champions League.

Arsenal are five points clear at the top of the Premier League, though, and that advantage would have been even bigger if Everton winger Gerard Deulofeu had not popped up with a late equaliser at the Emirates Stadium last Sunday.

Arsene Wenger's charges suffered their first loss in seven games when Napoli beat them 2-0 in midweek, but they still qualified for the last 16 of the Champions League for the 14th season in a row.

The Londoners' reverse in Italy caused them to drop to second behind Borussia Dortmund in Group F, meaning they will face one of Barcelona, Real Madrid, Bayern, Atletico Madrid or Paris Saint-Germain in the first knockout round.

But Wenger has urged his players to put that disappointment behind them and concentrate on the race for the Premier League title.

"We have done our job now we will give absolutely everything on Saturday morning (at City)," said the Frenchman.

"We will see what comes out of the draw and will assess that in February, because a lot can change on both sides, on us and the team we play against, so we need to put that to the back of our minds now and focus on the championship."

Arsenal have lost only once on their travels in the top flight this season - at City's local rivals Manchester United last month.

Lukas Podolski could return to their squad after being sidelined since August with a hamstring injury, but Bacary Sagna (hamstring) is ruled out.

Aaron Ramsey will be expected to return to the starting line-up after being restricted to a substitute appearance against Napoli.

City come into the game brimming with confidence after coming back from 2-0 down to beat European champions Bayern at the Allianz Arena on Tuesday.

That victory was not enough to secure top spot in Group D, but Pellegrini's men have now won five of their last six games in all competitions and know a victory over Arsenal would leave them just three points adrift of their opponents at the top of the Premier League.

Micah Richards sustained a hamstring injury against Bayern so will not feature on Saturday, and former Arsenal full-back Gael Clichy (foot) is a doubt.

Yaya Toure returns after being suspended for the trip to Germany, while Pellegrini must decide whether to give England goalkeeper Joe Hart another chance in the Premier League or keep faith with Costel Pantilimon.
Re: EPL-Manchester City V Arsenal at 1:45 pm-14th Decemeber 2013 by nerodenero: 1:03pm On Dec 12, 2013
Like this if you think it will end draw
Re: EPL-Manchester City V Arsenal at 1:45 pm-14th Decemeber 2013 by nerodenero: 1:04pm On Dec 12, 2013
Like this if you think Arsenal will beat Manchester City wink
Re: EPL-Manchester City V Arsenal at 1:45 pm-14th Decemeber 2013 by nerodenero: 1:04pm On Dec 12, 2013
Like this if you think Manchester City will beat Arsenal wink
Re: EPL-Manchester City V Arsenal at 1:45 pm-14th Decemeber 2013 by Harmvirus(f): 1:14pm On Dec 12, 2013
Arsenal will not know what hit them. Their days at the top are numbered

1 Like

Re: EPL-Manchester City V Arsenal at 1:45 pm-14th Decemeber 2013 by nerodenero: 1:52pm On Dec 12, 2013
Harmvirus: Arsenal will not know what hit them. Their days at top are numbered
How can you be so sure about that. Anyway, I am a Barca fan but Arsenal might just be fortunate and win EPL this season.
Re: EPL-Manchester City V Arsenal at 1:45 pm-14th Decemeber 2013 by Nobody: 3:22pm On Dec 12, 2013
hey lets giv it to arsenal 4 flyin thus far bt we all knw dat d sky iz blue already..
Re: EPL-Manchester City V Arsenal at 1:45 pm-14th Decemeber 2013 by Harmvirus(f): 5:58pm On Dec 12, 2013
nerodenero: How can you be so sure about that. Anyway, I am a Barca fan but Arsenal might just be fortunate and win EPL this season.
I don't think they can survive their next fixtures
Re: EPL-Manchester City V Arsenal at 1:45 pm-14th Decemeber 2013 by nerodenero: 10:07pm On Dec 12, 2013
Harmvirus:
I don't think they can survive their next fixtures
If they get a draw against Manchester City this weekend which looks likely but I dont see them beating the blues come Dec 23rd,whichever they will still top EPL.They might just be lucky this season to win the title.
Re: EPL-Manchester City V Arsenal at 1:45 pm-14th Decemeber 2013 by Harmvirus(f): 10:58pm On Dec 12, 2013
nerodenero: If they get a draw against Manchester City this weekend which looks likely but I dont see them beating the blues come Dec 23rd,whichever they will still top EPL.They might just be lucky this season to win the title.
Draw against man city? I doubt and they are only 5points ahead of liverpool
Re: EPL-Manchester City V Arsenal at 1:45 pm-14th Decemeber 2013 by Nomski0(f): 11:05pm On Dec 12, 2013
Harmvirus: Arsenal will not know what hit them. Their days at the top are numbered

Lwkmd! grin grin

You must hate the gunners with passion.

1 Like

Re: EPL-Manchester City V Arsenal at 1:45 pm-14th Decemeber 2013 by nerodenero: 5:38am On Dec 13, 2013
Harmvirus:
Draw against man city? I doubt and they are only 5points ahead of liverpool
If Arsenal draws against Man City,they have 36pts and Liverpool beats Tottenham,they have 33 which I know will be difficult.I see Arsenal losing to Chelsea because they have a good record over the Gunners and if Liverpool wins their next game,then both Arsenal and Liverpool will have 36points each.I think Arsenal will still maintain the lead on goals difference.All these are mere speculations as it could still go either way but I fear Arsenal might be running out of gas after a draw against Everton and a loss against Napoli. That is a big blow to their confidence.
Re: EPL-Manchester City V Arsenal at 1:45 pm-14th Decemeber 2013 by Harmvirus(f): 3:51pm On Dec 14, 2013
nerodenero, I said it smiley cool
Re: EPL-Manchester City V Arsenal at 1:45 pm-14th Decemeber 2013 by nerodenero: 6:18am On Dec 15, 2013
Harmvirus: nerodenero, I said it smiley cool
Yes you did!Seems you are our new TB Joshuagrin.Arsenal will lose against Chelsea as they are not playing as if they really need the EPL trophy.Thank God my darling Barcelona survived a scare yesterday,running away with 2-1win over Villareal and wished Real Madrid lost but it ended draw.
Re: EPL-Manchester City V Arsenal at 1:45 pm-14th Decemeber 2013 by Harmvirus(f): 7:52pm On Dec 15, 2013
^^Yeah yeah. I sEe liverpool at the top.

1 Like

Re: EPL-Manchester City V Arsenal at 1:45 pm-14th Decemeber 2013 by nerodenero: 6:45am On Dec 17, 2013
Harmvirus: ^^Yeah yeah. I sEe liverpool at the top.
Chelsea wont lose sleep when Man City is even on rampage.

(1) (Reply)

Netherlands Vs Argentina: Maradona Predicts A Walk Over For Argentina / Chelseafc.com Relaunches Today / Chelsea Not Looking To Sale Mikel, He Was Resting - Agent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.