Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,696 members, 7,816,843 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:39 PM

Tips On Moving With The Kids - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Tips On Moving With The Kids (9933 Views)

Tips On Moving With The Kids / Interior Decorating Tips By Multicolour Interiordezine / Land Fraudsters Tricks I Learnt In 2010 And Tips On How To Avoid Them This 2011 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tips On Moving With The Kids by Ishilove: 6:07am On Dec 13, 2013
I'm sure it is Seun who moved this to frontpage. The man has this kain oyibo mentality wey I no understand undecided
Re: Tips On Moving With The Kids by Tuntheycr7: 6:13am On Dec 13, 2013
K
Re: Tips On Moving With The Kids by ecodes: 6:14am On Dec 13, 2013
Thanks for the info
Re: Tips On Moving With The Kids by Nobody: 6:33am On Dec 13, 2013
Aromas:

So is even a true that Nigeria education sector is getting deteriorate everyday by day, if u can't read dis then 'How did u graduate 4rm high institution? Bcus I believe prjct is their 4 u guy's in ur final year. Nawa o

You just killed it mehn!
Re: Tips On Moving With The Kids by Nobody: 6:57am On Dec 13, 2013
Nice one op
Re: Tips On Moving With The Kids by jubriano93(m): 7:24am On Dec 13, 2013
onihaxy: Too long to read. Can someone pls tell me the summary?

And again, abeg wetin be the meaning of OP?
OP means Online Personality just like OAP means On-Air Personality.
Re: Tips On Moving With The Kids by orunnipin(f): 7:47am On Dec 13, 2013
This is a really a nice tips. l lv it. l wish l heard this four yrs ago dt we moved to our house. Though, l still intution to guide d kids to move. lovely tips. keep it up.
Re: Tips On Moving With The Kids by Ninilowo(m): 8:02am On Dec 13, 2013
European thingz.
Re: Tips On Moving With The Kids by Andemduncan(m): 8:40am On Dec 13, 2013
mearsk: As the year has come to an end some of us already have our move to a new house planned for this month of December.

Have in mind that moving is a very difficult phase especially when the kids are involved, this is because many kids thrive on familiarity and routine, so as you consider a move weigh the benefits of that move against the comfort that the already established surroundings, school, and social life have given your kids.

A decision to move may be caused by different reasons. The decision to move might however be out of your hands probably due to a job transfer or financial issues, even if you’re not happy about the move try to maintain a positive attitude about it because parents’ moods and attitude often have a great effect on the kids.

PREPARING THE KIDS FOR THE MOVE
The most important way of preparing kids for a move is discussing it over with them. Try to give them as much information about the move as possible and answer all questions they ask truthfully. Also involving them in the planning as much as possible makes them feel like participants in the house-hunting process or school search. This can make the change feel less like it is being forced on them. If the property you are moving to is close by then take them to visit the site and neighborhood.

MOVING WITH TODDLERS

Kids under the age of 6 can be the easiest to move as they barely understand the changes involved but still your guidance is crucial.

Here are some tips on easing transition for young children.

Keep explanations clear and simple.
Use a story to explain the move through toys, furniture or acting it out
When you pack your toddler's toys in boxes, make sure to explain that you aren't throwing them away.
Hold off on getting rid of your child's old bedroom furniture, which may provide a sense of comfort in the new house. It might even be a good idea to arrange furniture in a similar way in the new bedroom
Avoid making other big changes during the move, like toilet training or advancing a toddler to a bed from a crib.
Arrange for your toddler or preschooler to stay with a babysitter on moving day.
·

MOVING WITH TEENS
It is common for teens to rebel actively against a move. This is because your teen has probably invested a considerable energy in a particular social group or might be involved in a romantic relationship. A move might mean that the teen might miss a long awaited event like prom.

It's particularly important to let teens know that you want to hear their concerns and that you respect them. It's important to suggest that the move can serve as rehearsal for future changes, like college or a new job. However, also be sure to let them know that you hear their concerns.

After the move consider planning a visit to the old community if it’s feasible. Also see if the teen can return for events such as prom.

If you’re moving midway through a school year, you may want to consider letting the older teen stay with a friend or relative in the old location if that’s possible.

SOME TIPS TO MAKE YOUR MOVE EASIER

Prepare the kids for what to expect.

Let the kids help you pack.

Have a goodbye party.

Don't rush yourself.

Take the kids' concerns seriously.

Time your move.

Pack a special bag of favorite toys and activities.

Label boxes of kids' stuff very clearly.

Make it an adventure.

A move can present many challenges, but good things also come from this kind of change. Your family might grow closer and you may learn more about each other by going through it together.

Have a nice day.

http://www.eazyhc.com/index.php?option=com_easyblog&view=entry&id=100&Itemid=13
Nice article
Re: Tips On Moving With The Kids by mmbs: 8:41am On Dec 13, 2013
onihaxy:

And again, abeg wetin be the meaning of OP?
Olochi Person

Thank me later not now

1 Like

Re: Tips On Moving With The Kids by mmbs: 8:45am On Dec 13, 2013
fabulousfortune: Copy nd paste crap!
and the thrash made fp.
Re: Tips On Moving With The Kids by emmabest2000(m): 8:55am On Dec 13, 2013
elo thaddi: Is this tip for 9ja pple in 9ja ? Naaa, I don't think so.
exactly my thought , not for 9ja parents indeed grin
Re: Tips On Moving With The Kids by Nobody: 9:19am On Dec 13, 2013
***Aromas: So is even a true that Nigeria education
sector is getting deteriorate everyday by day,
if u can't read dis then 'How did u graduate
4rm high institution? Bcus I believe prjct is
their 4 u guy's in ur final year. Nawa o-****

blood of god.no wonder your papa name u aromas na to deY shoot arrow with ur gbagaun.bokoharamite..
Re: Tips On Moving With The Kids by chadnezzar0worl(m): 9:46am On Dec 13, 2013
Bullshit! Meaningless crap! U bigot nd tribal ass
Re: Tips On Moving With The Kids by Daresh(f): 12:06pm On Dec 13, 2013
snika: No kids yet. wink

Nice copy and post though smiley

Please all Igbo people living in diaspora:

Take your kids home at least for this Christmas. Don't raise bastards that call their own tribe ibo, and call i as h, and h as i.

If you don't go home now then don't complain when Fashola and Tinubu 'deports' you.

We won't support you because you have taken your origin for granted, and since your only contribution to the Igbo nation is just bearing an Igbo name, we owe you nothing.

Thank you.

SMH. Local champions, who wants anything from you? FYI I'm a citizen of the world.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Duplexes For Sale : At Friend's Colony Estate,lekki-lagos Nigeria. / Building Process Of 4 Flat At The Heart Of Lagos / SANDFIELD COURTS #4.5m with C of O Good choice for you and your family #trust me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.