Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,227 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:01 AM

His childhood friend 'unfriended' him on facebook>>> - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / His childhood friend 'unfriended' him on facebook>>> (805 Views)

Looking For Childhood Friend / I Didn’t Mean To Kill My Childhood Friend, 17-year-old Girl Laments / MVB NEWS: 2 Chainz To Run For Mayor Of His Childhood Hometown? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

His childhood friend 'unfriended' him on facebook>>> by Sammiel: 8:45pm On Dec 12, 2013
Just few days ago I was on facebook and decided to check out a friend's wall and I was surprised to see the his new marrital status as 'married'. This guy was a close friend and in fact we grew up together and there is no way he could have gotten married with people around not getting wind of it.
I clicked on the link and saw some comments from his friends, while some were surprised and asking different questions others were congratulating him and wishing him a happy married life.

The whole thing seemed like a joke to me and I felt like he was just playing pranks on his friends or something but there was this elderly black american woman that looked like a sugar mummy that repeatedly posted a comment indicating that he was married to her.
After reading through the comments on his wall I jokingly added a comment that folks shouldn't believe him that he's not married and behold my friend 'unfriended' me immediately. I felt very bad when I got to know about it because he could have at least deleted my comment and warned me through PM since we've been close friends.

I couldn't just help feeling bad about it because I considered it as an insult from a close friend and as a result of that I used my brain and the little english wey I learn from Nairaland to lambaste the guy both throught SMS and facebook INBOX. Although you can't force people to be your friend some actions of people are not just right and justifiable.
It would have been a different thing if it were to be a case between a guy and a girl who have only met themselves on facebook but for the person you've been friends with from childhood is unacceptable to me.

Share your views and opinions, and if you've experienced similar thing do share with us. No insults please.
Re: His childhood friend 'unfriended' him on facebook>>> by Emmyk(m): 5:16am On Dec 13, 2013
Bro. Why did you edit the thread nau? Because you didnt get replies? Was just done reading it sef...
Re: His childhood friend 'unfriended' him on facebook>>> by sholay2011(m): 11:36am On Dec 13, 2013
*Sighs heavily*

So, what should we do now OP? Pacify you? Pele...that's life. Friends come and go...childhood or adulthood ones. Though real friends stick together for a long time. But in this life, there are no permanent friends...only permanent interests.

Btw, your story has a bit of intrigue...it should make a nice beginning of a movie script. grin

2 Likes

Re: His childhood friend 'unfriended' him on facebook>>> by Sammiel: 11:03pm On Jan 10, 2016
sholay2011:
Though real friends stick together for a long time. But in this life, there are no permanent friends...only permanent interests.

Revisited this thread today, though it's been like 3year now but this still remains one of the best advice I have gotten on this site.
God bless you man.
Re: His childhood friend 'unfriended' him on facebook>>> by itstpia8: 1:35am On Jan 11, 2016
sounds like a doubtful story because the Spanish version was posted some months ago in family section.

same scenario, different ethnicities.
Re: His childhood friend 'unfriended' him on facebook>>> by Sammiel: 2:04am On Feb 07, 2016
itstpia8:
sounds like a doubtful story because the Spanish version was posted some months ago in family section.

And what will I gain from doing such? There is nothing doubtful about the story above. It was my personal experience and I only shared it here because of how bad I felt about the whole thing then. People could have similar experiences especially when it comes to social network issues.
Re: His childhood friend 'unfriended' him on facebook>>> by sholay2011(m): 6:58am On Feb 08, 2016
itstpia8:

Ewo tun ni Spanish version oh? grin

(1) (Reply)

Why Is It That Old Friends In Better Position Dont Help? / 10 Heartwarming Stories Of Last Wishes Being Fulfilled / Patrick Sawyer Of Liberia.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.