Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,072 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:12 AM

He Stole My Fb Password, Changed It; Also Changed The Account Mail, What To Do? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / He Stole My Fb Password, Changed It; Also Changed The Account Mail, What To Do? (1764 Views)

How Can I Stop Unwanted Posting/picture On My Fb Timeline. / How To Bypass Password On Laptop / How to Recover My Lost RediffMail.com Password (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

He Stole My Fb Password, Changed It; Also Changed The Account Mail, What To Do? by Nobody: 11:31pm On Dec 12, 2013
As the subject goes, this guy got access to my password, honestly I don't know how, he changed the account e-mail as well as the password. Now, I can see "my account" posting silly things online and everybody thinks I'm now a good-boy-gone-bad! Is it possible for me to retrieve this account from this impersonator or at worst close down the account? If not, what do I do? Please don't ignore, please advice me!
Re: He Stole My Fb Password, Changed It; Also Changed The Account Mail, What To Do? by felix55(m): 6:57am On Dec 13, 2013
shutdown d account
Re: He Stole My Fb Password, Changed It; Also Changed The Account Mail, What To Do? by Nobody: 8:44am On Dec 13, 2013
felix55: shutdown d account

How can I shut down the account when I don't even have access to it? It's like another person's account now and of course you can't just shut down someone else's account, can you?
Re: He Stole My Fb Password, Changed It; Also Changed The Account Mail, What To Do? by femi4: 9:03am On Dec 13, 2013
If you still know the answer to the secret questions, you can change your password.

Now, recover your fb password using your mail and fb account with pics identification option.
Edit your private settings and enter your phone number as alternative contact.

Now, nobody can change your fb password without first going through your phone

1 Like

Re: He Stole My Fb Password, Changed It; Also Changed The Account Mail, What To Do? by Nobody: 6:06pm On Dec 13, 2013
femi4: If you still know the answer to the secret questions, you can change your password.

Now, recover your fb password using your mail and fb account with pics identification option.
Edit your private settings and enter your phone number as alternative contact.

Now, nobody can change your fb password without first going through your phone

Bro, you can only recover your password if your email is still used with that account cause when you forget a password and attempts to recover it facebook sends your password to the email associated with that account. In this case, this guy started by completely changing the email associated with my account into a different email of his own before he then changed the password of my account. Now, when I try to retrieve the password he changed into, it will be sent to his new mail not mine and I can't access his new mail.
Re: He Stole My Fb Password, Changed It; Also Changed The Account Mail, What To Do? by femi4: 6:59pm On Dec 13, 2013
Gozie Diora:

Bro, you can only recover your password if your email is still used with that account cause when you forget a password and attempts to recover it facebook sends your password to the email associated with that account. In this case, this guy started by completely changing the email associated with my account into a different email of his own before he then changed the password of my account. Now, when I try to retrieve the password he changed into, it will be sent to his new mail not mine and I can't access his new mail.
You just have to read my post again!

I started with the process of getting your mail back
Re: He Stole My Fb Password, Changed It; Also Changed The Account Mail, What To Do? by Nobody: 8:26pm On Dec 13, 2013
femi4: You just have to read my post again!

I started with the process of getting your mail back

You don't seem to get it. I never lost my email account. Just that the hacker deactivated it as the email associated with my fb account. For me to re-activate it again as my fb email, I should at least log into my fb account and get to the settings page. But then, I can't access my account at all! And yet can't apply the "forgot password approach" cause the password will be sent rather to his email not mine. Why not read my own text well, rather?
Re: He Stole My Fb Password, Changed It; Also Changed The Account Mail, What To Do? by femi4: 10:15pm On Dec 13, 2013
Gozie Diora:

You don't seem to get it. I never lost my email account. Just that the hacker deactivated it as the email associated with my fb account. For me to re-activate it again as my fb email, I should at least log into my fb account and get to the settings page. But then, I can't access my account at all! And yet can't apply the "forgot password approach" cause the password will be sent rather to his email not mine. Why not read my own text well, rather?
Then, your topic/title is misleading!

The mail addy associated with my fb account has been changed would have been more appropriate.

Back to the matter!
Report the account to fb admin.
Re: He Stole My Fb Password, Changed It; Also Changed The Account Mail, What To Do? by purplekayc(m): 11:55pm On Dec 13, 2013
Sorry

1 Like

Re: He Stole My Fb Password, Changed It; Also Changed The Account Mail, What To Do? by Nobody: 8:32am On Dec 14, 2013
femi4: Then, your topic/title is misleading!

The mail addy associated with my fb account has been changed would have been more appropriate.

Back to the matter!
Report the account to fb admin.

For the want of space, your suggested title was encompassed in my title in the expression "......... also changed the account mail". You, my learned nairalander, should know that. Thanks for your support so far, it's really appreciated. So, I suppose I can report the account using a different account. Hopefully, fb admin will ask him some private questions and when he fails them, the account will be closed down. In that case, both of us will loose the account but it'll still be better than he using it maliciously, half bread is better than none. Thanks once more, you've been more than helpful!

(1) (Reply)

Super Clean Dual-core Toshiba Dynabook,price 37k ,it's Negotiable / What Processor Shlould I Get For Graphic Designing Nd Photoshop, Intel.or Amd? / Usa-preowned Dell Inspiron 15-3521 Intel Core I3 + HD Graphics -SOLD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.