Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,532 members, 7,954,995 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 01:58 PM

Beyonce Features Chimamanda Adichie In Her New Song, “flawless” - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Beyonce Features Chimamanda Adichie In Her New Song, “flawless” (1366 Views)

Julius Agwu With Chimamanda Adichie At A Cocktail Party In Lagos / Beyonce Features Novelist Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie In Her Song 'flawless' / PHOTO :Beyonce Features In New Pop Art Advertising Campaign For Pepsi Max! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beyonce Features Chimamanda Adichie In Her New Song, “flawless” by Nobody: 2:06pm On Dec 13, 2013
By Kaymi on December 13, 2013 @dailystarngnews

Beyonce gave her fans a pleasant surprise last night, December 12, when she released a
new self-titled visual album on iTunes.
This would be Bey’s 5th album and it features 31 tracks; 14 of which are new songs.

What makes this new album exciting for Nigerians is that Queen Bey featured our very own iconic author, Chimamanda Adichie in her new song titled, “Flawless” which is “Track 11″ on the album.

Although Adichie isn’t featured in the video, a
portion of her rousing speech about feminism
was featured in Flawless and it goes thus:

“We teach girls to shrink themselves, to make themselves smaller

We say to girls – you can have ambition, but not too much

You should aim to be successful but not too successful otherwise you will threaten the man

Because I am female I am expected to aspire to marriage

I am expected to make my life choices always keeping in mind that marriage is the most important

A marriage can be a source of joy and love and mutual support

But why do we teach girls to aspire to marriage and we don’t teach boys the same?

We raise girls to see each other as competitors not for jobs or for accomplishments,

Which I think can be a good thing

But for the attention of men

We teach girls that they cannot be sexual beings in the way that boys are

Feminist: A person who believes in the economic, social and political equality of the sexes.”

This speech is so powerful.

On the down side, iTunes mis-spelled Adichie’s name. If you look at track 11 carefully, you’ll see that Adichie is missing an ‘i’.

SOURCE
Re: Beyonce Features Chimamanda Adichie In Her New Song, “flawless” by fr3do(m): 2:30pm On Dec 13, 2013
Interesting
Re: Beyonce Features Chimamanda Adichie In Her New Song, “flawless” by pfijacobs(m): 12:57am On Dec 14, 2013
beyonce and female rights eh... true talk@speech
Re: Beyonce Features Chimamanda Adichie In Her New Song, “flawless” by Parisfran(f): 6:59pm On Dec 17, 2013
Wow...that's a good one. I didn't even know Bey released a new album. Queen B has never done anything low key.

(1) (Reply)

Unbelievable Act See Photos: Banker Slices Husband’s Penis With A Knife. / Chris Brown Allegedly Sends An Old Email Rihanna Sent Him To His Friends / ,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.