Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,949 members, 7,952,828 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:38 AM

Beyonce Features Novelist Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie In Her Song 'flawless' - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Beyonce Features Novelist Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie In Her Song 'flawless' (695 Views)

Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Nominated For Grammy Award With Beyonce / Beyonce Features Chimamanda Adichie In Her New Song, “flawless” / PHOTO :Beyonce Features In New Pop Art Advertising Campaign For Pepsi Max! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beyonce Features Novelist Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie In Her Song 'flawless' by Nobody: 10:35pm On Nov 28, 2014
Superstar Beyonce did two astonishing things Thursday night: Release a complete album without any promotion or advance notice, and sample Nigerian writer Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie. Adichie, who lives part of the year in the U.S., is the author of the acclaimed 2013 novel "Americanah," a smart and surprisingly funny take on race and gender in contemporary society. In 2008, she was awarded a MacArthur "Genius" Fellowship, after the publication of "Half a Yellow Sun," a historical novel set during Nigeria's bloody Biafran war. Adichie appears on Beyonce's track"Flawless." She isn't in the short video sample of the song that's online; according to Rap Genius, the video is of the third verse, while Adichie's sample makes up most of the second. The sample is from a talk Adichie gave at TEDxEuston in London earlier this year titled, "We Should All Be Feminists." What appears in"Flawless" pulls from different parts of her speech: We teach girls to shrink themselves To make themselves smaller We say to girls"You can have ambition But not too much You should aim to be successful But not too successful Otherwise you will threaten the man"Because I am female I am expected to aspire to marriage I am expected to make my life choices Always keeping in mind that Marriage is the most important Now marriage can be a source of Joy and love and mutual support But why do we teach to aspire to marriage And we don't teach boys the same?We raise girls to each other as competitors Not for jobs or for accomplishments Which I think can be a good thing But for the attention of men We teach girls that they cannot be sexual beings In the way that boys are Feminist: the person who believes in the social Political, and economic equality of the sexes Adichie is also the author of the novel "Purple Hibiscus" and the short-story collection "The Thing Around Your Neck.
Re: Beyonce Features Novelist Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie In Her Song 'flawless' by chibyksveejay(m): 10:41pm On Nov 28, 2014
As old as 900Bc undecided
Re: Beyonce Features Novelist Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie In Her Song 'flawless' by Jakeattah(m): 10:45pm On Nov 28, 2014
that's cool

1 Like

Re: Beyonce Features Novelist Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie In Her Song 'flawless' by sexyglow(f): 10:49pm On Nov 28, 2014
@ op;Where have you been dude? Stale
Re: Beyonce Features Novelist Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie In Her Song 'flawless' by yuncka: 11:22pm On Nov 28, 2014
chibyksveejay:
As old as 900Bc undecided

I nearly got choked by cobwebs when I tried opening the thread.

(1) (Reply)

Winrar 5.20 Final Free Download Full Version / D'bang's Total Makeover (photos) / Lagos APC Crisis Deepen As APC Integrity Group Calls For Immediate Arrest Ambode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.