Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,134 members, 7,818,418 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:55 PM

Nigeria's 10 Most Talked About People On The Internet In 2013 - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Nigeria's 10 Most Talked About People On The Internet In 2013 (2541 Views)

What 2shotz' Wife Said In 2013 When Beverly Osu Said He Was A Woman-beater / 2015 AMAA: 5 Of The Most Talked About Looks (photos) / Top 30 World's Most-Beautiful Women In 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria's 10 Most Talked About People On The Internet In 2013 by InfoSpurMag(f): 2:40pm On Dec 13, 2013
Being most talked about people on the internet means these people were trending on social media, the social media were buzzing about them, their stories going viral, getting over 1000 comments on blogs and also making some a celebrity overnight. The power of social media!

This a list of 10 people that got Nigerians talking positively or negatively about them..

10. ASUU: Academic Staff Union Of University is an association of University lecturers. ASUU which went on industrial strike since July 1st 2013 has gotten the whole Nigerians talking on all social media with all their demands, incessant NEC meetings and the death of their colleague Festus Iyayi.

9. Tosin Silver Dam: He's known as 'Guy with feminine look'. We almost forgot to add this random guy who became popular overnight all thanks to Linda Ikeji and most importantly social media. Tosin almost got every Nigerians angry with his bizarre pictures getting over 1000 comments on Linda Ikeji blog alone. Tosin was called all sorts of name like gay, attention seeker and many distasteful names.

8. Melvin Oduah and Beverly Osu: These two made Nigerians talking harder during the BBA The Chase. The Ex Big brother housemate became relevant after their participation in the reality show. The one that got also talking most is our favourite Beverly Osu especially during the bath tub scene with Angelo.

7. Ese Walters: She's famously known as the 'Coza Girl'. This story was one of the most followed story in Nigeria but we never got to see the end of it. Ese's story is how she tried to expose one Pastor Biodun Of Coza in Abuja whom she's having sex with which she also got back lashes for it. This story got mixed feelings, both positive and negative. Ese Walters became a popular name all because of social media.

6. Tuface, Annie And Their Daughter: They call the Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes of Nigeria. Starting from their most talked about wedding in 2013 to Annie getting pregnant, to all the love professes on twitter and instagram, to all the babymamas, the travelling to abroad to have her baby. Their daughter Isabel is everywhere on the blog with her mother, she's Suri Cruise of Nigeria.

5. Femi Fani Kayode: This is one man who doesn't shut up. The ex-minister has been associated with so many issues which is none of his business but only trying to air his views. The most popular one was the igbo issue, where Femi claimed he's had relation with all the powerful igbo women including Bianca Odumegwu.

4. Tonto Dikeh: The actress is the most controversial Nigerian actress ever. Tonto has stirred too many controversies, falling down on stage at Iyanya's concert in Londonn, with committing suicide, fighting fellow actress, posing and smoking Marijuana and so many things.

3. Jim Iyke: The TB Joshua deliverance put him on this list. Jim got all of us searching the web when the story came out that he was possessed and being delivered in Synagogue's church. This got everybody talking for weeks.

2. Obafaiye Shem: My Oga At The Top is what he is known for. This has got to the biggest interview and story of the year, this story was the most talked about. Getting over 1million views altogether on Youtube. There was a shirt, movie and so many things that came out with the name "My Oga At The Top" after the popular interview.

1. President Goodluck Jonathan: Apart from social media, he's the most talked about person in Nigeria. There is no a day where his story will not make headline. Being the President has made him most talked about. Some of the reason he's talked about mostly is because of his not so flattering administration.

Source: Spur Magazine

Re: Nigeria's 10 Most Talked About People On The Internet In 2013 by Nobody: 2:49pm On Dec 13, 2013
I had to quickly scroll down and see if uncle jona is there cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigeria's 10 Most Talked About People On The Internet In 2013 by homesteady(m): 2:54pm On Dec 13, 2013
I think toke makinwa should replace 2face and his wife!
Re: Nigeria's 10 Most Talked About People On The Internet In 2013 by Nomski0(f): 3:09pm On Dec 13, 2013
ASUU at number 10 shocked. They deserve the second spotundecided
Re: Nigeria's 10 Most Talked About People On The Internet In 2013 by DrManhattan: 3:12pm On Dec 13, 2013
aanumama: I had to quickly scroll down and see if uncle jona is there cheesy cheesy cheesy

lol
Re: Nigeria's 10 Most Talked About People On The Internet In 2013 by InfoSpurMag(f): 3:14pm On Dec 13, 2013
Piictures

Re: Nigeria's 10 Most Talked About People On The Internet In 2013 by victorjam(m): 3:17pm On Dec 13, 2013
Y si d super eagles and steven keshi nt on d list.. For me dis yr der were on d news everyday
Re: Nigeria's 10 Most Talked About People On The Internet In 2013 by AbuMikey(m): 3:18pm On Dec 13, 2013

Sexkillz nkor? The most hated NLder ever grin

Re: Nigeria's 10 Most Talked About People On The Internet In 2013 by boogiejay(m): 3:20pm On Dec 13, 2013
may sango strike ASUU!!! angry
Re: Nigeria's 10 Most Talked About People On The Internet In 2013 by InfoSpurMag(f): 3:47pm On Dec 13, 2013
Last photos

Re: Nigeria's 10 Most Talked About People On The Internet In 2013 by homesteady(m): 3:55pm On Dec 13, 2013
But this tosin silverdam, is he really the silverdam/pregnant boi guy on nairaland?
Re: Nigeria's 10 Most Talked About People On The Internet In 2013 by nekaa(f): 3:56pm On Dec 13, 2013
that picture of Jim Iyke I kinda find it cute. its weird I know
Re: Nigeria's 10 Most Talked About People On The Internet In 2013 by InfoSpurMag(f): 4:20pm On Dec 13, 2013
Please make am frontpage o nairaland. I dey ontop my knees, carry am go frontpage. Please
Re: Nigeria's 10 Most Talked About People On The Internet In 2013 by TheGeneral1(m): 5:40pm On Dec 13, 2013
Corruption is the most mentioned word too!
Re: Nigeria's 10 Most Talked About People On The Internet In 2013 by lirusehn(m): 10:21pm On Dec 13, 2013
joblessnez. Go get a life dear
Re: Nigeria's 10 Most Talked About People On The Internet In 2013 by RedCard1(m): 5:22am On Dec 14, 2013
Where is Stella Oduah? She should have been the first to make top that list. Have you forgotten the AMOLED CAR saga?
Re: Nigeria's 10 Most Talked About People On The Internet In 2013 by InfoSpurMag(f): 11:09am On Dec 14, 2013
lirusehn: joblessnez. Go get a life dear
You? Are you jobless?
Re: Nigeria's 10 Most Talked About People On The Internet In 2013 by Lirushen: 4:49pm On Dec 14, 2013
Re: Nigeria's 10 Most Talked About People On The Internet In 2013 by Peterwizzy: 11:06pm On Dec 14, 2013
immmmnmm
Re: Nigeria's 10 Most Talked About People On The Internet In 2013 by Bootybuttchic(f): 1:33pm On Dec 15, 2013
Abu Mikey:

Sexkillz nkor? The most hated NLder ever grin

dey avnt even come online since den(jamie and nkem) nawaoo
Re: Nigeria's 10 Most Talked About People On The Internet In 2013 by silverdam(m): 10:43am On Dec 28, 2013
Lol! What is my picture doing here?

(1) (Reply)

Rihanna Shows Off Bare Boo.bs Again! (photos) EVEN MORE.... / Meet The World’s Most Pierced Woman / Ini Edo Stuns As She Attends Inauguration Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.