Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,353 members, 7,839,632 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 04:27 AM

A Short Story Of A Rebellious Boy And His Father - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Short Story Of A Rebellious Boy And His Father (577 Views)

The Lord Created A Special Nation Of People On This Earth To Be The Wicked. He Uses These People As His Sword Against The Rebellious / The Rebellious Pastors / GLOBAL NEWS MAGAZINE: The Rebellious Pastors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Short Story Of A Rebellious Boy And His Father by highyo: 4:16pm On Dec 13, 2013
A boy was said to be a heartache to his father by being rebellious to his words. His father, who got worried, not for anything else, but for how the boy was destroying his own life, called him and said: “I want to show you what you’re doing to your life. I’m going to put a wooden post in our front yard. Every time you rebel, I will put a nail in this post. Every time you obey, I will pull out one nail.” The boy stubbornly replied: “I’m going to do everything I can to fill that post with nails,” which he actually did.

Within two months, he filled that post with nails. Later, he realised the damage he had done, not only to his own life, but also to his parents and decided to have a change of life. His father, as he promised, began to remove the nails one by one. When the last nail came out, the boy broke down in tears. His father astonishingly asked: “Son, why are you crying?” The boy replied: “I got rid of the nails, but I can’t get rid of the holes.”

Today, many Christians are, taking God for granted. While some of them have joined occults to seek protection, others trusted in talisman and other negative forces to make progress in life. Fornication, adultery, hatred, malice, backbiting and gossiping are more like water, which they drink freely. If you are among them, repent because there will be judgment.

No matter what you do today, even if you repent, the mark will still be there
Re: A Short Story Of A Rebellious Boy And His Father by Boomboost(m): 5:02pm On Dec 13, 2013
That's why we pray for grace to stop sinning.

(1) (Reply)

Do You Like Reading The Book Of Revelation / Satanist/atheist House: Every Radical Planet For The Heaven Dogs! / Faith Of The Aborted Children And Those Who Died Before Christ “heaven Or Hell"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.