Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,401 members, 7,815,874 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:00 PM

Letter To My 2013 Ex - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Letter To My 2013 Ex (764 Views)

The Fountain 2013 Essay Contest / Tope Folarin Wins The 2013 Caine Prize For African Writing / Sule Egya Wins 2013 Commonwealth Book Prize For Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Letter To My 2013 Ex by Abisoyee(m): 8:40am On Dec 14, 2013
This post was taken from Lasgidikidblog at www.lasgidikid..com and has nothing to do with this author.

In memory of the four jerks that came into my life and left
Dear Old Cupid
I remember when I met you and hated your silly pride; you thought you were God’s gift to women and decided to give you a taste of your own medicine. After all I was still one of the most sought after babes in town (my record proves it) but things got into a complicated position and we found ourselves falling in love but all these happened in 2012 so may as well remain there. You left February this year and I keep thinking I was stupid not to have waited till after valentine before leaving. You were good with the gifts giving and that would have made you the standing fool. Fate made me the fool and I upped and left when I couldn’t take your cheating anymore. You begged and groveled and as usual promised things were going to change but for me I had had enough (Taylor Swift’s Voice: We are never ever ever getting back together). It hurt to let go but I just had to move on and the break up helped me realize my potential. For that I will forever be indebted to you for pushing me to discover myself and my world became better. You shot me into limelight by both our much publicized affair, I also became a star for something different while at the same time making me swear never to love again and with that I packed my bags, upped and left. Like Taylor Swift did thanking her One Direction band boyfriend for pushing her to be better, I thank you for making me a star!

Dearest Obsession
Yes you never knew it but that was what I called you in mind, you were my obsession. You fell in love with a picture of my curvaceous body but for me love was dead. You claimed you loved me but what I saw in your eyes was lust. You craved me, the object of your fantasy and with so much diligence and ardour you chased it till I had no choice but to surrender to your amorous advances. For me it wasn’t love but plain cut out relationship. Like Spartacus you impaled me on your man rod and I was yours with the brand. In time I came to respect you and admire your ways but just when I got to the point of surrendering totally, you turned around and kicked me out. The shadows of my past haunted me and never allowed me to love you, with you perhaps I may have found comfort but Cupid’s arrow forever remains in my heart, shredded it to pieces and your Midas touch was not enough to recuperate my failing heart. Unlike Cupid, you didn’t hurt much because I never allowed myself to let go, I always knew I was your sex symbol and I served my time (Taylor Swift’s Voice: We haven’t seen each other in a month when you said we needed space). Passion is the key lesson I got while I served under you, from you I got the experience that when you want something real bad, you can get it; I was out of your league but in the end the player got played and the coach got served!

Piggy Darling
Can I forget the object of my affection, the one who in one swoosh swept me off my feet and made me believe in the fairytales told to us by Disney? Happily Never After became real in just the space of one month, yours was the kind of love that burned hot but dies out quickly. You left me broken and dejected, desolate and confused; I longed for you, every night I yearned for your voice, a touch of your hands to rock me to bed but that was never to be. Like a candle in the wind you flickered out and the flames vanished, never to be traced. Just a month but you left your mark, wrote your initials in my heart with a crowbar before you walked off into the dark. For days on end I cried for my love but my wish was not to be, I was without my heart’s desire and I had to learn to move on (Adele’s Voice: You left with no goodbye). From you I learnt that everything in life is brief and short and while it does last, soak it all in and make every moment count, you taught me the lesson that things aren’t always what they seem and that in the end nobody loves you but you!

Unforgettable Nosa
Closing chapter but definetly not the least important, things were wrong from the beginning but Like Taylor Swift once again, I Knew You Were Trouble but I couldn’t give a phuck about that, in you I believed I finally found my perfect match, bone of my bone, flesh of my flesh but in the end I was only delusional. Crazy best friend called you Nosa in honour of your big nose that I found adorable. I was fine till I met you then you knocked me to the ground, like a bullet your love tore into me and broke my bone. I was powerless and fell into your waiting arms but in the end you weren’t there to catch my fall. You left me standing in the cold because you never gave me warmth, I became a soldier’s wife by the window, craning her neck by the window awaiting the return of her husband after a war. But alas, you never came and I wore black to mourn your departure (Rihanna’s Voice: Release me now coz I did my time of this cold case love). From you I learn't not to rely on another man for your happiness and that although you love somebody doesn’t necessarily mean you have to be with them.

Now the year has come to a close and I am all here alone, I don’t know what 2014 will bring but I can only have my fingers crossed and hope for the best. Thank you very much Exes #TeamStronger (Beyonce’s Voice: Am alone now but I ain’t lonely, I got possibilities to keep me company)

Dedicated to all the women and girls out there that have ever been heartbroken!
Re: Letter To My 2013 Ex by 1stola: 8:47am On Dec 14, 2013
tongue Eya!
chop and clean mouth
Re: Letter To My 2013 Ex by Dizzella(f): 1:08pm On Dec 17, 2013
Dis is vry patetic.......letter frm d hrt,i wish 2014 wil cum wit a gr8 news.........honestly i admire ur quotes(ie)d voices
Re: Letter To My 2013 Ex by tpia5: 10:26pm On Dec 31, 2013
lord have mercy.

did you sleep with all of them though?

no doubt someone will break your record next time.

(1) (Reply)

Hunter Ladele / Diary Of An African Teen. / Google Doodle Celebrates Famous Canadian Author Lucy Maud Montgomery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.