Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,353 members, 7,819,254 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:23 PM

Atheists: Losing Faith And Change In Lifestyle - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheists: Losing Faith And Change In Lifestyle (2305 Views)

Top Seven Awesome Prophets And Their Lifestyle In The Bible / Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! / I'm Losing Faith In Christianity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atheists: Losing Faith And Change In Lifestyle by Nobody: 8:53am On Dec 14, 2013
Did losing faith change your views/opinions on some issues? Has there also been any change in your character and how you relate with others?

Morning.
Re: Atheists: Losing Faith And Change In Lifestyle by MrTroll(m): 9:19am On Dec 14, 2013
Minimally. I was never sheeple anyway tongue

1 Like

Re: Atheists: Losing Faith And Change In Lifestyle by Nobody: 10:10am On Dec 14, 2013
Mr Troll: Minimally. I was never sheeple anyway tongue

Lies....unless u were a unitarian christian or a very liberal christian.
Re: Atheists: Losing Faith And Change In Lifestyle by Nobody: 10:17am On Dec 14, 2013
As for me, movies and life made more sense to me.

M€y quest for. Knowledge increased dramatically. I even became more confident- you have only one life so live it up

1 Like

Re: Atheists: Losing Faith And Change In Lifestyle by Nobody: 10:21am On Dec 14, 2013
Not really,pretty much stayed the same, just became more responsible for my actions and sympathetic towards d cause of other minorities in the society,more open minded to knowledge,science et al ,
still always wonder tho at how I believed without questioning the tales I was told then
Re: Atheists: Losing Faith And Change In Lifestyle by MrTAnonymous(m): 10:29am On Dec 14, 2013
It modified the way I think. Makes me more of a man willing to take care of my responsibilites,and it has also opened my mind to more knowledge.
Re: Atheists: Losing Faith And Change In Lifestyle by nnofaith: 10:29am On Dec 14, 2013
yes. my motto b4 atheism was insha allah. Now it is "who dares, wins".
Re: Atheists: Losing Faith And Change In Lifestyle by MonsieurCoder: 10:35am On Dec 14, 2013
The only thing i lost was the 'fail safe' delusion of having a god that has got your back at anytime. Then, anything i did i always worked hard but when the fear of failure came i believed i had a deity that would help but now that is gone, i kind of miss it. Other than that NOTHING changed because all my life,

I Never believed in heaven and hell

I Never believed in tithing or offering

I Never believed in a lot of things i was expected to believe. I was always a fan of doing whats right and being a pillar to your neighbor.
Re: Atheists: Losing Faith And Change In Lifestyle by MrTroll(m): 7:20pm On Dec 14, 2013
Logicboy03:

Lies....unless u were a unitarian christian or a very liberal christian.

do you know me in real life?

My church believed in the trinity but I found it confusing. I never did.

We were tithers but I always refused to tithe.

We were big church goers though I complied but I always detested the hypocrisy I found in it.

The only thing I missed was the choir singing. I'm still a chorister though grin
I still attend music concerts, I honour invitations to sing etc.

Though I read the bible a lot, I later realised I was also a victim of cherry picking. Moulding Yahweh after my own image cheesy

I am quite gentle and soft spoken. I still am. All what changed were internal...

1 Like

Re: Atheists: Losing Faith And Change In Lifestyle by Nobody: 7:34pm On Dec 14, 2013
Mr Troll: do you know me in real life?

We were big church goers though I complied but I always detested the hypocrisy I found in it.

The only thing I missed was the choir singing. I'm still a chorister though grin

Though I read the bible a lot, I later realised I was also a victim of cherry picking. Moulding Yahweh after my own image cheesy

I am quite gentle and soft spoken. I still am. All what changed were internal...

At what age did you realise all this? That is the point....at some age, you were a sheeple.....
Re: Atheists: Losing Faith And Change In Lifestyle by texanomaly(f): 7:35pm On Dec 14, 2013

Awww... Sweet
Re: Atheists: Losing Faith And Change In Lifestyle by Nobody: 7:35pm On Dec 14, 2013
texanomaly:
Awww... Sweet

Sweet lies cheesy
Re: Atheists: Losing Faith And Change In Lifestyle by Nobody: 7:52pm On Dec 14, 2013
nothing much
except that I'm more interested in science now. I no longer say goddidit. I try to find answers to even the weirdest stuff that happened around me and I'm now responsible for everything I do or didnt do now. in Short I'm in control.
Re: Atheists: Losing Faith And Change In Lifestyle by ManhunterTM(m): 8:00pm On Dec 14, 2013
I've become 33.3% more eviler than before.
Re: Atheists: Losing Faith And Change In Lifestyle by MrTroll(m): 8:18pm On Dec 14, 2013
Logicboy03:

At what age did you realise all this? That is the point....at some age, you were a sheeple.....

the only thing i realised was the cherry picking when I started having doubts and questioning my beliefs. The rest were with me from childhood. I always found it difficult accept what didn't seem reasonable.
Re: Atheists: Losing Faith And Change In Lifestyle by Nobody: 8:27pm On Dec 14, 2013
Mr Troll: the only thing i realised was the cherry picking when I started having doubts and questioning my beliefs. The rest were with me from childhood. I always found it difficult accept what didn't seem reasonable.

*notes how mr troll avoided putting a number to the age*
Re: Atheists: Losing Faith And Change In Lifestyle by MrTroll(m): 10:18pm On Dec 14, 2013
Logicboy03:

*notes how mr troll avoided putting a number to the age*
ok. Noted. Why are you interested in my age?
Re: Atheists: Losing Faith And Change In Lifestyle by Nobody: 10:24pm On Dec 14, 2013
Lmao, troll u go choir practice today?
Re: Atheists: Losing Faith And Change In Lifestyle by Ishilove: 10:25pm On Dec 14, 2013

Et tu, brokoto? And to think I once trusted you enough to give you my personal details. Yet you still went ahead to post my full names here on NL. Definitely taught me a big lesson
Re: Atheists: Losing Faith And Change In Lifestyle by Nobody: 10:28pm On Dec 14, 2013
Mr.T Anonymous:
It modified the way I think. Makes me more of a man willing to take care of my responsibilites,and it has also opened my mind to more knowledge.

Same here.

I was kinda more interested in
- forgiveness: how do you react when someone wrongs you.
- tribalism/racism
Re: Atheists: Losing Faith And Change In Lifestyle by MrTroll(m): 10:34pm On Dec 14, 2013
Ishilove:
Et tu, brokoto? And to think I once trusted you enough to give you my personal details. Yet you still went ahead to post my full names here on NL. Definitely taught me a big lesson
undecided

Excuse you?
Re: Atheists: Losing Faith And Change In Lifestyle by Ishilove: 10:37pm On Dec 14, 2013
Mr Troll: undecided

Excuse you?
Excuse you, judas. I'm done with you, BROKOTO.

I am deleting you from my facebook page, btw. Bloody backstabber
Re: Atheists: Losing Faith And Change In Lifestyle by MrTroll(m): 10:37pm On Dec 14, 2013
aManFromMars: Lmao, troll u go choir practice today?
lol. I dont go to church anymore. I've not gone to church for some years now except on wedding invitations, burials etc. I'm not a church chorister.
Re: Atheists: Losing Faith And Change In Lifestyle by Image123(m): 10:38pm On Dec 14, 2013
Hahahaha, losing faith and increasing folly.

Proverbs 13:16 Every prudent man dealeth with knowledge: but a fool layeth open his folly.

Better go and believe in God and live right.

2 Likes

Re: Atheists: Losing Faith And Change In Lifestyle by Nobody: 10:39pm On Dec 14, 2013
My personal troll, honored you graced the thread.

Keep doing what you do best.
Re: Atheists: Losing Faith And Change In Lifestyle by plaetton: 10:39pm On Dec 14, 2013
Faith is something I never ever had despite trying so much and opening my mind to it.
I truly don't know how or why people believe and anchor their worldview on the morals, opinions and philosophies of stone age people.

I don't know why anyone could believe that god would heal or cure them of illness when god could not cure lepers in the old testament.

The only change in me was when I accepted that the universe did not need a creator, I began to see existence in much greater clarity.
I began to see interconnectedness rather than isolated pieces.
I began to see that faith was a burden , and began to pity those who carried this burden.

6 Likes

Re: Atheists: Losing Faith And Change In Lifestyle by MrTroll(m): 10:39pm On Dec 14, 2013
Ishilove:
Excuse you, judas. I'm done with you, BROKOTO.
pls take your paranoia elsewhere. Dafuq undecided
Re: Atheists: Losing Faith And Change In Lifestyle by Ishilove: 10:41pm On Dec 14, 2013
Mr Troll: pls take your paranoia elsewhere. Dafuq undecided
Two faced, backstabbing Judas.
Re: Atheists: Losing Faith And Change In Lifestyle by Image123(m): 10:44pm On Dec 14, 2013
aManFromMars: My personal troll, honored you graced the thread.

Keep doing what you do best.

i understand the emptinessof the atheist. The crave for honor, love and attention. i will help when i can. But God can help you better.

1 Like

Re: Atheists: Losing Faith And Change In Lifestyle by MrTroll(m): 10:47pm On Dec 14, 2013
Ishilove:
Two faced, backstabbing Judas.
are you alright? Do you need a hug? What exactly are you on about?
Re: Atheists: Losing Faith And Change In Lifestyle by plaetton: 10:52pm On Dec 14, 2013
Image123: Hahahaha, losing faith and increasing folly.

Proverbs 13:16 Every prudent man dealeth with knowledge: but a fool layeth open his folly.

Better go and believe in God and live right.

Frankly speaking, and I am not exaggerating, I have seldom ever seen a calm non-conflicting religious(particularly Christian) person in my life .
I have hardly come across a christian exhuding calmness, radiating sincere Joy or love.

A christian, at all times, has to watch his back for the devil and his many demons, ancestral spirits, marine spirits, witches, etc.
A christian is so conflicted about what he believes, that calmness that comes with inner harmony, sincerity and love are rarely there.

I mean look at you, with all the time you spend defending tithe( your right to live of the sweat of the others).
That fact that you cannot agree with your fellow christians about what is scriptural is a heavy burden no one should carry.

So, there is nooo way anyone can believe in god and live right, because , like I have stated in my previous threads, faith, the belief in God , is simply the very extreme form of doubt.

That is a burden that no one should be carrying about.

10 Likes

Re: Atheists: Losing Faith And Change In Lifestyle by ManhunterTM(m): 11:00pm On Dec 14, 2013
^^^ gbamest

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Is The Punishment For Not Going To Church? / Does The Term "Son Of God" Mean That Jesus Is Not God? / Tips On How To Avoid Sleeping During Night Vigils..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.