Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,823 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:18 AM

ADVICE PLEASE!!! I Know Nothing About Football, How Do I Start? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / ADVICE PLEASE!!! I Know Nothing About Football, How Do I Start? (1807 Views)

Opinion: Women Know Nothing About Football / What Do You Know About Football?! / First Eleven: A Reality TV Show About Football (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

ADVICE PLEASE!!! I Know Nothing About Football, How Do I Start? by PrinceAdepoju(m): 10:51am On Dec 14, 2013
I really wish to be a football fan but i don't know how to start. please, advice a brother.
Re: ADVICE PLEASE!!! I Know Nothing About Football, How Do I Start? by papannamdi1(m): 11:01am On Dec 14, 2013
Re: ADVICE PLEASE!!! I Know Nothing About Football, How Do I Start? by Eseharrison(m): 11:06am On Dec 14, 2013
Go to viewing centres every weekend to watch a match. Choose a team and support, learning about their history, achivements, rivals and all!

But don't commit suicide when the team you support fails to win. That's foolishness

1 Like

Re: ADVICE PLEASE!!! I Know Nothing About Football, How Do I Start? by Nobody: 11:26am On Dec 14, 2013
Eseharrison: Go to viewing centres every weekend to watch a match. Choose a team and support, learning about their history, achivements, rivals and all!

But don't commit suicide when the team you support fails to win. That's foolishness
the exact reason why most fan(atic)s don't know anything about other clubs, and football in general.
He should actually study all he can about d game of football, rules & regulations, history, d different leagues & teams before settling down to choose a team to support.
learn to enjoy d game, not just wen ur team's playing/winning but at all times

2 Likes

Re: ADVICE PLEASE!!! I Know Nothing About Football, How Do I Start? by nanizle(m): 11:50am On Dec 14, 2013
Start by playing football!
Re: ADVICE PLEASE!!! I Know Nothing About Football, How Do I Start? by PrinceAdepoju(m): 12:02pm On Dec 14, 2013
nanizle: Start by playing football!
Eseharrison: Go to viewing centres every weekend to watch a match. Choose a team and support, learning about their history, achivements, rivals and all!

Justosaus:
the exact reason why most fan(atic)s don't know anything about other clubs, and football in general.
He should actually study all he can about d game of football, rules & regulations, history, d different leagues & teams before settling down to choose a team to support.
learn to enjoy d game, not just wen ur team's playing/winning but at all times

thanks so much sirs.
Re: ADVICE PLEASE!!! I Know Nothing About Football, How Do I Start? by acenazt: 12:04pm On Dec 14, 2013
study the big leagues. English Premier league, Spanish LA liga ,Italian Seria A,German bundesliga and French league one. watch the Europa league and Uefa champions league. don't forget to follow Naija league. Up Heartland fc.
Re: ADVICE PLEASE!!! I Know Nothing About Football, How Do I Start? by safarigirl(f): 12:43pm On Dec 14, 2013
epl ke? Bros abeg shun all those european leagues and start by following the national teams, you don't have to go to a viewing centre at first else na your head go sabi bottle if kasala burst..I still haven't been to a viewing centre yet I feel it's unsafe.

watch football highlights as a beginner, the entire match may bore you...you can choose a club from there, visit NL viewing centre for exciting commentaries

Na so I start
Re: ADVICE PLEASE!!! I Know Nothing About Football, How Do I Start? by adepojuis: 2:05pm On Dec 14, 2013
Re: ADVICE PLEASE!!! I Know Nothing About Football, How Do I Start? by adegwurulez(m): 4:17pm On Dec 14, 2013
ehm... get yourself a barcelona jersey and start watching their matches. trust me, thats the best way to start
Re: ADVICE PLEASE!!! I Know Nothing About Football, How Do I Start? by DesChyko1(m): 8:01pm On Dec 14, 2013
Try to watch matches with others, no matter how boring it is at first. You wii come to love the arguments and eventually settle for one team. Read the club's history well, and you're ready.
Re: ADVICE PLEASE!!! I Know Nothing About Football, How Do I Start? by Nobody: 8:36pm On Dec 14, 2013
Buy a DSTV Decorder with SuperSport Channels grin grin
Re: ADVICE PLEASE!!! I Know Nothing About Football, How Do I Start? by PrinceAdepoju(m): 9:37pm On Dec 14, 2013
blueto: Buy a DSTV Decorder with SuperSport Channels grin grin
funny..how abt startimes, thanks tho.
adegwurulez: ehm... get yourself a barcelona jersey and start watching their matches. trust me, thats the best way to start
my boss, barca ko,messi ni...i still prefer chealsea oo
adepoju is: Start by doing d 1960 & nja bet.
wow! my sake tanks oo, besides are you a she or he?
acenazt: study the big leagues. English Premier league, Spanish LA liga ,Italian Seria A,German bundesliga and French league one. watch the Europa league and Uefa champions league. don't forget to follow Naija league. Up Heartland fc.
safarigirl: epl ke? Bros abeg shun all those european leagues and start by following the national teams, you don't have to go to a viewing centre at first else na your head go sabi bottle if kasala burst..I still haven't been to a viewing centre yet I feel it's unsafe.

watch football highlights as a beginner, the entire match may bore you...you can choose a club from there, visit NL viewing centre for exciting commentaries

Na so I start
acenazt: study the big leagues. English Premier league, Spanish LA liga ,Italian Seria A,German bundesliga and French league one. watch the Europa league and Uefa champions league. don't forget to follow Naija league. Up Heartland fc.
thanks so much!
Re: ADVICE PLEASE!!! I Know Nothing About Football, How Do I Start? by PrinceAdepoju(m): 9:39pm On Dec 14, 2013
oya drop ur own advice, King Solomon!
Re: ADVICE PLEASE!!! I Know Nothing About Football, How Do I Start? by Kiingsolomon(f): 9:49pm On Dec 14, 2013
safarigirl: epl ke? Bros abeg shun all those european leagues and start by following the national teams, you don't have to go to a viewing centre at first else na your head go sabi bottle if kasala burst..I still haven't been to a viewing centre yet I feel it's unsafe.

Na so I start
lol.... Seconded.

And, u can start with diz; buy a football ("HEALTH" precisely)cheesy . And start playing with ur siblings.... Calln urself "Hazard" grin

Or:

start with playing games like "Winning Eleven" or "PES" (I mean a personal one).

U're welcome to Chelsea,,,, The king of all English premier League teams..cheesy
#plz, no one shuld throw stone abeg# cool
Re: ADVICE PLEASE!!! I Know Nothing About Football, How Do I Start? by PrinceAdepoju(m): 11:02pm On Dec 14, 2013
Kiingsolomon: lol.... Seconded.

And, u can start with diz; buy a football ("HEALTH" precisely)cheesy . And start playing with ur siblings.... Calln urself "Hazard" grin

Or:

start with playing games like "Winning Eleven" or "PES" (I mean a personal one).

U're welcome to Chelsea,,,, The king of all English premier League teams..cheesy
#plz, no one shuld throw stone abeg# cool
them no fit throw us stone jawe, na chelsea be d BABA...tanx gidi gan!
Re: ADVICE PLEASE!!! I Know Nothing About Football, How Do I Start? by Kiingsolomon(f): 5:11am On Dec 15, 2013
PrinceAdepoju: them no fit throw us stone jawe, na chelsea be d BABA...tanx gidi gan!
yeah, ure welcum sir.

Happy Sunday!
Re: ADVICE PLEASE!!! I Know Nothing About Football, How Do I Start? by PrinceAdepoju(m): 4:43pm On Dec 15, 2013
Kiingsolomon:
Happy Sunday!
back to sender...hehehe!
Re: ADVICE PLEASE!!! I Know Nothing About Football, How Do I Start? by adegwurulez(m): 5:07pm On Dec 15, 2013
PrinceAdepoju: them no fit throw us stone jawe, na chelsea be d BABA...tanx gidi gan!
i'll forgive u cos u said u knw nothing about football
Re: ADVICE PLEASE!!! I Know Nothing About Football, How Do I Start? by Kiingsolomon(f): 6:47pm On Dec 15, 2013
PrinceAdepoju: back to sender...hehehe!
lmao...grin
adegwurulez:
lol, itz beta.. Thnx for not throwing stone @ us. cheesy
Re: ADVICE PLEASE!!! I Know Nothing About Football, How Do I Start? by PrinceAdepoju(m): 7:18pm On Dec 15, 2013
Kiingsolomon: lol, itz beta.. Thnx for not throwing stone @ us. cheesy
my king, my boss no fit do anything for us, he's a gentle man
adegwurulez:
tanku verriverri much sir, maybe awu join yr club soonest.
Re: ADVICE PLEASE!!! I Know Nothing About Football, How Do I Start? by Nobody: 9:55pm On Dec 15, 2013
adegwurulez: ehm... get yourself a barcelona jersey and start watching their matches. trust me, thats the best way to start

see idiota! dont teach him to be a gloryhunter like you
Re: ADVICE PLEASE!!! I Know Nothing About Football, How Do I Start? by adegwurulez(m): 10:56pm On Dec 16, 2013
bboiabb:

The insult wasn't necessary, it only showed me the way you were brought up. Now lets set the records straight, i started supporting barcelona in 2005 when they had only one champions league title, when they were been disgraced by madrid. A glory hunter would have chosen to support madrid, liverpool or AC MILAN cos those where the clubs thriving then. In 2005, frank rijkard was still the coach of barca, i started supportung barca before they won three more champions league(i watched them all). Now if i was a glory hunter like u suggested, i would have stopped supporting fcb after the 7-0 defeat to bayern. It is a faceless forum doesn't mean you have the monopoly of insults. I might not take it lightly next time.

1 Like

Re: ADVICE PLEASE!!! I Know Nothing About Football, How Do I Start? by Bobbycharlton(m): 11:17pm On Dec 16, 2013
Hmm just start watching Nigerian premier league first then graduate to CAF champs league & on. In the course of your graduation you'll know football. If it does not work kill me.
Re: ADVICE PLEASE!!! I Know Nothing About Football, How Do I Start? by PrinceAdepoju(m): 11:24pm On Dec 16, 2013
Bobby charlton: Hmm just start watching Nigerian premier league first then graduate to CAF champs league & on. In the course of your graduation you'll know football. If it does not work kill me.
I'll do just that, thanks so much...besides, how do i kill you if it doesnot work?
bboiabb:

hey dude, please, watch it!!
Re: ADVICE PLEASE!!! I Know Nothing About Football, How Do I Start? by PrinceAdepoju(m): 11:25pm On Dec 16, 2013
adegwurulez:
The insult wasn't necessary, it only showed me the way you were brought up. Now lets set the records straight, i started supporting barcelona in 2005 when they had only one champions league title, when they were been disgraced by madrid. A glory hunter would have chosen to support madrid, liverpool or AC MILAN cos those where the clubs thriving then. In 2005, frank rijkard was still the coach of barca, i started supportung barca before they won three more champions league(i watched them all). Now if i was a glory hunter like u suggested, i would have stopped supporting fcb after the 7-0 defeat to bayern. It is a faceless forum doesn't mean you have the monopoly of insults. I might not take it lightly next time.
Boss, please pardon him!
Re: ADVICE PLEASE!!! I Know Nothing About Football, How Do I Start? by Nobody: 12:06am On Dec 17, 2013
adegwurulez: The insult wasn't necessary, it only showed me the way you were brought up. Now lets set the records straight, i started supporting barcelona in 2005 when they had only one champions league title, when they were been disgraced by madrid. A glory hunter would have chosen to support madrid, liverpool or AC MILAN cos those where the clubs thriving then. In 2005, frank rijkard was still the coach of barca, i started supportung barca before they won three more champions league(i watched them all). Now if i was a glory hunter like u suggested, i would have stopped supporting fcb after the 7-0 defeat to bayern. It is a faceless forum doesn't mean you have the monopoly of insults. I might not take it lightly next time.
too long; didn't read. ok, i won't be insulting only if you stop being a glory hunter grin
PrinceAdepoju: Boss, please pardon him!
see this pikin..who invited a child to where big men are talking about football? have you lost your road only joking.

if i advise you to support a team it will be an up and coming team. dont support an already established team. Your decision will ONLY come when you have thoroughly researched each league INDIVIDUALLY
Re: ADVICE PLEASE!!! I Know Nothing About Football, How Do I Start? by PrinceAdepoju(m): 10:01am On Dec 17, 2013
bboiabb:
too long; didn't read. ok, i won't be insulting only if you stop being a glory hunter grin

see this pikin..who invited a child to where big men are talking about football? have you lost your road only joking.

if i advise you to support a team it will be an up and coming team. dont support an already established team. Your decision will ONLY come when you have thoroughly researched each league INDIVIDUALLY
tanku sah!
Re: ADVICE PLEASE!!! I Know Nothing About Football, How Do I Start? by Nobody: 3:12pm On Dec 17, 2013
PrinceAdepoju: tanku sah!

zero problem grin
Re: ADVICE PLEASE!!! I Know Nothing About Football, How Do I Start? by Kiingsolomon(f): 3:38pm On Dec 17, 2013
Re: ADVICE PLEASE!!! I Know Nothing About Football, How Do I Start? by MajesticMikel: 3:49pm On Dec 17, 2013
just learn how to cook. too late.
Re: ADVICE PLEASE!!! I Know Nothing About Football, How Do I Start? by PrinceAdepoju(m): 7:04pm On Dec 17, 2013
Kiingsolomon: undecided ... Let me hear a noise from there again...
www.nairaland.com/attachments/1470371_1468978_BarFuMLIcAAxmAL_jpg8d9727e2023f44c3b7b04db4e9ed534a_jpg8fea9a4b619e461346691de379f25cc3

grin grin grin
chaoi chaio shi zhen hi hwai shu: i laff in china...hehehe
MajesticMikel: just learn how to cook. too late.
tanks for ya concern.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Future Ballon D'or Winners. A List Of Players Who Can De-throne Messi & Ronaldo / 100%Sure Betting Tips 9/10/2015 / There Is A Payday For Every Hustler..bet9ja Don Rescue Me.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.