Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,333 members, 7,957,889 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 11:18 PM

Tottenham Sacks Andre Villas-Boas - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Tottenham Sacks Andre Villas-Boas (18575 Views)

Andre Villas-Boas Set To Sign For Tottenham / Chelsea Sack Villas-Boas / Chelsea FC Get New Manager: Porto's André Villas-Boas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tottenham Sacks Andre Villas-Boas by colossus2: 1:11am On Dec 17, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

Why do you think Bale transformed and started scoring much goals? AVB like his wingers attacking and being able to shoot. By the way there is no much difference in 4-3-3 and 4-5-1. Only that the wingers are more attacking like Bale of last season. The squad bought did not fit in AVB's criteria. Also AVB didn't make the signings or sign Adebayor.
Last season was still 4-5-1 bro. Why Bale started shooting was because Adebayor was weak as a striker. Aside Paulinho and Soldado tell me which of the new signings has been a regular for Spurs this season.
Whether he made the signings or not, the fact is that he accepted the signings. Are the signings that bad for him to manage?
I still wonder why he loaned out Tom Carrol who is creative.
I still wonder why he drops Sigurdsson.
I still wonder why he drops Townsend.
I still wonder why he plays Paulinho behind Soldado as a game creator.
Thank God he's out anyway.
Let Tim Sherwood, Chris Ramsey and Les Ferdinand do the job.
Glenn Hoddle wants a re-union also smiley
Re: Tottenham Sacks Andre Villas-Boas by thegoodjoehunt(m): 1:19am On Dec 17, 2013
Just like CR7, Nani when playing for Portugal, Hulk, James Rodriguez. If you look at Brazil, Neymar, Ronaldinho, Robinho etc. Those are the kind of football Portuguese/Brazilians like.

Porto are 4-3-3 people. That is why Mourinho played 4-3-3 when he first came to Chelsea with attacking wingers like Robbdn and Duff.

Bale played an attacking role, not a winging/crossing role.
colo$$u$:

Last season was still 4-5-1 bro. Why Bale started shooting was because Adebayor was weak as a striker. Aside Paulinho and Soldado tell me which of the new signings has been a regular for Spurs this season.
Whether he made the signings or not, the fact is that he accepted the signings. Are the signings that bad for him to manage?
Re: Tottenham Sacks Andre Villas-Boas by thegoodjoehunt(m): 1:23am On Dec 17, 2013
You guys should enjoy your Sherwood and co. Please I rock with the foreign coaches like Pellegrini, Laudrup, Pochettino, Martinez, Wenger etc. Only Brendan Rosters I feel. Bring them on. Sherwood, Ferdinand and co. Even bring Hoddle. The foreign coaches are waiting.
Re: Tottenham Sacks Andre Villas-Boas by colossus2: 1:26am On Dec 17, 2013
thegoodjoehunt: Just like CR7, Bani when playing for Portugal, Hulk, James Rodriguez. If you look at Brazil, Neymar, Ronaldinho, Robinho etc. Those are the kind of football Portuguese/Brazilians like.

Porto are 4-3-3 people. That is why Mourinho played 4-3-3 when he first came to Chelsea with attacking wingers like Robbdn and Duff.

Bale played an attacking role, not a winging/crossing role.
You're funny oh. I don tire to explain for you. Ok why he no carry us go Champions League with all him yeye tactics cheesy
Abeg the man is gone and he's never gonna come back grin
Re: Tottenham Sacks Andre Villas-Boas by thegoodjoehunt(m): 1:34am On Dec 17, 2013
colo$$u$:

You're funny oh. I don tire to explain for you. Ok why he no carry us go Champions League with all him yeye tactics cheesy
Abeg the man is gone and he's never gonna come back grin
He wasn't given the right kind of players he works with. They should have allowed AVB pick his team or given him time to mold this squad.
Re: Tottenham Sacks Andre Villas-Boas by donlino9: 6:59am On Dec 17, 2013
colo$$u$:

Townsend is a very selfish and uncreative players ,he has more shots than suarez this season, he hardly gives soldado the needed pass. I must he ve an electrifying pace, he could take anyone on ,but he still needs to mature his game
Re: Tottenham Sacks Andre Villas-Boas by 1025: 7:51am On Dec 17, 2013
coaching is the best job in the world.
chelsea sacked this same avb and paid him off. he left with a bag full of pounds and on his way to the bank, his phone rang, daniel levy of tottenham called to inform him that they needed him. another contract followed with another. who is sure we won't see him in france any moment from now?
Re: Tottenham Sacks Andre Villas-Boas by Fayrouzz(m): 4:55pm On Dec 17, 2013
thegoodjoehunt: Boas is a Porto man and grew up as a Porto fan with the Porto philosophy. For instance when he was young there was a striker at Porto called Marcio Jardel. He was very mobile and good with his head.

A worker can't be blamed if he is given the wrong tools to work with.
Why would he go Spurs wit a Porto philosophy??. Spurs hv their own philosophy, a good manager changes his tactics to suit his teams philosophy and also changes with the trend.. Why has barca continued to play same way even wit different coaches?
AVB has failed to learn.. Simple.
Re: Tottenham Sacks Andre Villas-Boas by thegoodjoehunt(m): 11:55pm On Dec 17, 2013
Fayrouzz: Why would he go Spurs wit a Porto philosophy??. Spurs hv their own philosophy, a good manager changes his tactics to suit his teams philosophy and also changes with the trend.. Why has barca continued to play same way even wit different coaches?
AVB has failed to learn.. Simple.
No coach has gone to Barca and changed his philosophy of football. Barca employs coaches who have the philosophy of Barca.
Re: Tottenham Sacks Andre Villas-Boas by Fayrouzz(m): 11:59pm On Dec 17, 2013
thegoodjoehunt: No coach has gone to Barca and changes his philosophy of football. Barca employs coaches who have the philosophy of Barca.
that's wat am trying to tell u, why shud AVB cme to spurs wit a porto philosophy??
Re: Tottenham Sacks Andre Villas-Boas by thegoodjoehunt(m): 12:04am On Dec 18, 2013
Fayrouzz: that's wat am trying to tell u, why shud AVB cme to spurs wit a porto philosophy??
The board of Tottenham liked Boas way and brought him to add to the club.

Mancini did a good job at Man City but Pellegrini is brought in to use his philosophy to bring success. It is up to the management of City to provide Pellegrini with his needed toolsto work. Boas didn'tget it.

Tottenham's philosophy hasn't brought any success.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fenerbahce Vs Arsenal - Champions League Play-off (0 - 3) On 21 August 2013 / PSG Vs Juventus UCL (2 - 1) On 6th September 2022 / Oestersunds FK Vs Arsenal: Europa League (0 - 3) On 16th February 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.