Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,753 members, 7,817,083 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:04 AM

Road To Fame (A Fictional Story) - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Road To Fame (A Fictional Story) (9663 Views)

5 Major Reasons Why You Need To Read Non-Fictional Books / I Want To Be Famous (Quest For Fame) A Short Story / As Deep As The Sea - A Fictional Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Road To Fame (A Fictional Story) by noble4d(m): 4:04pm On Dec 30, 2013
" share with me your problems, I'm your

Friend" she said. this time, I was touched by

her words. " I should use this opportunity to

express my feelings to her" I said within.

"Time, patience, and perseverance will

accomplish all things."...... " I have passion for

music" I began......I've been facing problems

trying to do what I love doing. my mum is

cool, but my dad won't let me be. he wants

me to study law in school which I have no

passion for. I want to sing. I want to be with

my guys. he had stop me from visiting them.

he wants me to head to the bar, that's why

he pushed me here for training. I'm tired, so

tired of everything. I just feel like running

away". I spoke out with pains, sobbing like a

kid.

" oooooh this is pathetic, I can't believe that

such thing still exist in this age......huch"she

wondered. I couldn't believe I got her

attention. from the heart, signs of tears in her

eyes. I found it hard to reveal my heart to her.
" is she more than

a human?" I asked myself. " life is full of

impediment. you just have to be strong and

never give up on your dreams. if you need

me, don't hesitate to call me". she said calmly.
That was how I didn't express my feelings to

her that moment. though, it was painful

because I had the opportunity to let her know.

"what we do today, right now, will have an

accumulated effect on all of our tomorrows."

1 Like

Re: Road To Fame (A Fictional Story) by Gen2jaynee: 4:06pm On Dec 30, 2013
yeah yeah......keep it comin, ah go de follo u lik twitter
Re: Road To Fame (A Fictional Story) by Dan42(m): 3:21am On Dec 31, 2013
#following
Re: Road To Fame (A Fictional Story) by noble4d(m): 11:33am On Dec 31, 2013
The taught of music ranging through my

heart. I never wanted to disobey my dad..........I

had no choice. " It doesn't matter what you

are thinking, or what fear you have, if you

just do it! Action is the only thing that

matters......I can see that at the end of my life,
I am not going to look back and say ( I wish I
had taken more action)". At exactly closing

time, I approach the secretary telling her my

intention to visit my friends for rehearsal.

maybe is right or not. but she blow my mind

with her indispensable words. " you are

awesome" I said to her with a broad smile.

I zoomed straight for rehearsal with open

heart. I didn't even taught of the ills of my

action. " whazup guys, happy to see you"i

greeted with warm heart. we were

happy,very happy to mingle again. Before

rehearsing, Paul said he has a good news for

us. I was so curious to hear the news. " maybe
he brought us costumes". you can imagine

how shocked I was when Paul revealed that
we will hit the stage on the 15th of next

month. " that is the day of my examination" I

said to them. it was as if I had been hitting

with an iron ore. I was emotionally weak.
Re: Road To Fame (A Fictional Story) by Gabriel6(m): 3:25pm On Dec 31, 2013
Is like you studied what am going through because of music b4 u started dis story o. Kip it up u ar now giving me the strength i had already lost. As 4 dat exam it must wait
Re: Road To Fame (A Fictional Story) by noble4d(m): 4:58pm On Dec 31, 2013
@ Gabriel....... it takes the hammer of persistence to drive the nail of success....soonest, those who are your hindrances..... will come to celebrate you....be strong and never give up on your dreams.....cheers..

1 Like

Re: Road To Fame (A Fictional Story) by noble4d(m): 5:25pm On Dec 31, 2013
" if it is the same date, it can't be the same

time" Mubarak utters. " According to the

organizers, the competitors must be at

Malcom- quater- hall at exactly 9.am". I was

furious because that's the exact time the

exam will commence. " what are we going

to do now" Jude asked. ' this is a serious issue

we have to handle with simplicity". olumide

spoke out.

" There is only one way to fail and that is

to quit." we determined to move on. we

strongly believed that all will be well.

" There are no speed limits on the road to
success." " gan- gan- gan" I knocked very

hard. " who dey there naa?..... I go break this

door ooo?" I clamored. my little sister was

there to open the door " what is wrong with

you, are you drunk?" I slamped the door and

didn't respond. As I was going up to my room,
I heard the call of my mum " James,have I not
warned you to stop uttering odd words?..." I

groaned...... " besides, why did you slamp the

door?..... I'm sorry mum, its just that............. "its

just that what son?"........" I will miss the

competition" I said ,sobbing as i rushed up to

my room.
Re: Road To Fame (A Fictional Story) by noble4d(m): 6:35am On Jan 01, 2014
New is the year, new are the hopes, new is the resolution, new are the spirits, and new are my warm wishes just for u my noble readers. Have a promising and fulfilling New Year.
Re: Road To Fame (A Fictional Story) by stefikal(f): 7:42am On Jan 01, 2014
noble4d: New is the year, new are the hopes, new is the resolution, new are the spirits, and new are my warm wishes just for u my noble readers. Have a promising and fulfilling New Year.

thanks...wishing you the same
Re: Road To Fame (A Fictional Story) by noble4d(m): 1:34pm On Jan 01, 2014
" No one in the world can take the place

of your mother. Right or wrong, from her

viewpoint you are always right. she may

scold you for little things, but never for the

big ones." my mum is a mother, she followed
me up to my room. she hates seeing me sad

even for a seconds. " I'm tired of this world

mum, I don't want to disappoint my dad same

as I don't want to ignore the competition."I

uttered " talk to me son, what is it?" she

asked sobbing.

I told her everything with aching heart.

" son, I know your father is very stubborn.

forget about his taught,this is your life .......

,continue with what you love doing, I will

always be there for you. " mother love is the

fuel that enables a normal human being to

do the impossible."......she pulled me closer and
wiped away the tears of sorrow from my

innocent eyes.

its amazing why my own dad is so mean
to me. " why is he selfish." he didn't even care
about my feelings......" what if I die today, will
he rejoice?"..... my whole life has been

battered by my own blood.

I wonder if it happens in every home". not
too long that my phone began to ring.." Krrr

Krrr" its an unknown number, who could this

be?" I wondered. I silent my phone, put it

aside, never wanted to be disturbed. " Great

works are performed not by strength, but

perseverance.
Re: Road To Fame (A Fictional Story) by stefikal(f): 3:58pm On Jan 01, 2014
My late father was very nice to me ooooo, I was even closer to him than my mum...

Depends on the family, but I'm now very close to my mum and truly a mother has got no replacement.

Keep it up Noble, but abeg reduce the spacing now.. Its kinda too much if you ask me.

1 Like

Re: Road To Fame (A Fictional Story) by philtrum(m): 4:14pm On Jan 01, 2014
#still here....nice one
Re: Road To Fame (A Fictional Story) by noble4d(m): 5:47pm On Jan 01, 2014
@ stefikal .......some fathers are like that....selfish.......they hinder the passion of their children.....my late father too was a nice and humble man..... and no 1 like a mother

1 Like

Re: Road To Fame (A Fictional Story) by Gabriel6(m): 5:18pm On Jan 02, 2014
noble4d: @ Gabriel....... it takes the hammer of persistence to drive the nail of success....soonest, those who are your hindrances..... will come to celebrate you....be strong and never give up on your dreams.....cheers..
thanx 4 dis useful sayings music is me so fight 4 what i love
Re: Road To Fame (A Fictional Story) by noble4d(m): 6:31pm On Jan 02, 2014
@ Gabriel.....yah.....that's the spirit
Re: Road To Fame (A Fictional Story) by Amoxdave: 8:06am On Jan 03, 2014
still with u.... keep d train moving.. smiley
Re: Road To Fame (A Fictional Story) by noble4d(m): 12:16pm On Jan 03, 2014
It was a cold morning, cock were crowing, birds were singing, the breeze blowing, spreading dust all over the places. its harmattan, the period I dislike. I searched everywhere for a jacket that could cover my whole body. I had my bath and zoomed to the chamber.

It was the same way, just the same way I felt. everyone was sluggish and look so dull,even S.A.N Al- amin. If they had the opportunity to go home, they will leave. it was really nice to see the secretary, a lady of my dream. " hy friend" she utter. we exchanged pleasantries with all smiles.

" No person is your friend who demands your silence, or denies your right to grow." " I called your line yesterday night, but you didn't pick" she said with a calm tone. " oooh..were you the one who called me with an unknown number?"........" yah, that was my other line.".she said she only called me to show all care.

it was really cool of her, its like I'm getting closer. I even brief her about the drama that occurred in my home, as usual, it was fun chatting with her.

" our patience will achieve more than our force." due to the weather condition, we had a short day, and everyone went to their various homes. I taught of going for rehearsal, but I don't want another act to occur in my home.
Re: Road To Fame (A Fictional Story) by noble4d(m): 12:54pm On Jan 03, 2014
" I had a bad hair day" that was what I told my sister when I got home. at the other side, I felt so happy been home. " you should have attend your rehearsal since there is still much time before dad returns home" my sister said. " No, I don't want problems. let it be this way' I responded. my mum was so happy to see me. though, she tried persuading me to attend rehearsal. I was glad she understood my heart. its been long that I had much stay with mum and my little sister. we chatted, crack jokes, and watch movies before I had a nap.

" Krrr krrrr Krrrr" my phone rang. its Paul. I intended not to pick the call because I knew its all about the competition. After so many round of rings, he sent me a text " whazup friend, I called your line, but you didn't pick, guess you are busy. anyways, I just want to confirm if you've talk to your father. All is well.". I groaned. I knew its all about the competition. " I surely believe that, if that's my way. I will surely be there no matter the obstacles.

"The lion and the calf shall lie down together but the calf won't get much sleep." I was so scared when my dad called my name " James" with his deep voice. " oooh my God, the lion is back, hope I'm not in another trouble ooooooo." I said within. I quickly put on my shirt, wear my fashioned rubber slippers and rushed down to the sitting room. "welcome dad" I greeted with a calm tone. " thank you, how is studies?"............." you see son,all you have to do is to hit like 300 - 350 and you are in to study law in the university." my mum was extremely speechless, reading his lips as he speaks........." I trust you son,I truly know you will make us proud" he proceeded. " I will sir"......." ooooh less I forget, I bought you jamb past question, with it you will get familiar with jamb strategical questions. " thank you sir" I said and I rushed back to my room.

"My dad is really serious about this exam. is this how I will miss the competition." it was not too long that I started hearing a strong noise coming from the sitting room.

3 Likes

Re: Road To Fame (A Fictional Story) by noble4d(m): 12:43pm On Jan 04, 2014
Re: Road To Fame (A Fictional Story) by noble4d(m): 4:32pm On Jan 04, 2014
" send a boy where he wants to go to and you will see his best pace". I peeped through the window, trying to figure out what it was. " its mum and dad again". I looked everywhere, trying to do something. " I need help, who should I call" as I was thinking of what to do, my little sister rushed in to my room without even knocking. " hey James, you are here seated while there is commotion in the sitting room, you better do something, besides, you are cause of it". I didn't argue with her because I knew I'm truly the cause. the noise kept getting heavier and stronger.

" he cannot leave school for music, don't you get it" my dad clamored. " oooh don't you think that its better to allow our son to do what he loves? you are not doing any good to him" my mum exclaimed....." doing good. I'm not doing any good to him you said?.......you are the one who is not doing good here....what kind of mother are you?....you want our son to neglect education for music......oooh give me a break" my dad vociferate. " I didn't mean that honey, all I'm saying is to allow him for the music competition. education won't run"

" never stand begging for something that you have the power to earn". After inhaling different insult from my sister, I quickly rushed down to plead with my parent.
" please mum,dad......stop this argument.
you are disturbing the neighbours. this is the second time you both are having argument. peace, love, and unity has been sent packing. we use to be a proud happy family. please let's give peace,love,unity another room." I pleaded sobbing........" the fact here is that your mother refused to accept the truth" my dad utters..... " what truth eeeh eeeeh" my mum responded swinging and clapping.
There was no other way to stop the argument than to accept the view of my dad, which I did.

" the toughest part of walking up the ladder is fighting through the crowd at the bottom." that was only what I needed to do to have and maintain silence in my home.

1 Like

Re: Road To Fame (A Fictional Story) by stefikal(f): 5:16pm On Jan 04, 2014
smiley
Re: Road To Fame (A Fictional Story) by Gen2jaynee: 12:54pm On Jan 05, 2014
stefikal: smiley
u de here de shine teeth, betta go update meant to be
Re: Road To Fame (A Fictional Story) by stefikal(f): 1:41pm On Jan 05, 2014
Gen2jaynee: u de here de shine teeth, betta go update meant to be

*facepalms*
*runs away*
Re: Road To Fame (A Fictional Story) by Emerald94(f): 5:44am On Jan 06, 2014
nice story....good job,but the suspense is killing
Re: Road To Fame (A Fictional Story) by omotenah(f): 3:24pm On Jan 06, 2014
Interesting... more please smiley
Re: Road To Fame (A Fictional Story) by noble4d(m): 12:08pm On Jan 07, 2014
Dear my noble readers

I'm sorry for not updating. I've been ill.....just malaria stuff.....I will update as soon as I get much better.

thanks for your understanding.
Re: Road To Fame (A Fictional Story) by Gen2jaynee: 12:37pm On Jan 07, 2014
get well soonest dearie
Re: Road To Fame (A Fictional Story) by Emerald94(f): 1:04pm On Jan 07, 2014
i wish u quick recovery...
Re: Road To Fame (A Fictional Story) by noble4d(m): 3:20pm On Jan 09, 2014
Re: Road To Fame (A Fictional Story) by noble4d(m): 3:20pm On Jan 09, 2014
Alryt........ I'm back for good
Re: Road To Fame (A Fictional Story) by noble4d(m): 4:28pm On Jan 09, 2014
That same night, things get more complicated when S.A.N Al-amin came in. he was at the door hearing every bit of our words. we couldn't believe it. S.A.N Al-amin went straight to the point. he said he came to confirm if I'm home. he was veracious, telling my father to allow me do what I want." your son is a good boy, the first day you brought him to me, I knew he never liked law. there is something different in his mind. let him go for the music competition, by next year he will apply for law. I will personally work towards his admission. believe me, this is what is good for your son". he explained.

This time, there was silence. I taught my father has already calm with it. but it went other ways. " who are you to tell me what to do with my son. are you my father or what?................law is what I want for my son and so shall it be........and don't even expect him in your chamber tomorrow and ever....get out from my house" my dad vociferate.

" The key to will power is want power. people who want something bad enough can usually find the will power to achieve." I couldn't believe my eyes, my dad chased his best friend out of his house. " is like my dad is getting mad, we really need to take him to psychiatric hospital" I said within.

my dreams has been hampered and now my love life is about to be wrecked by the lion. I went back to my room with aching heart. it was a night of complications, a night of tears, night of vociferation, night of fear, and a night, a period I always pray to avoid.

1 Like

Re: Road To Fame (A Fictional Story) by noble4d(m): 5:02pm On Jan 09, 2014
sleep will not come, no matter how hard I tried, I still end up seating . " how will I sleep when the mansion I'm building is about to collapse." different taught ranging through my innocent heart, wailing strange sounds into my ears, pulling me hard to talk to someone.

" you cannot fall out of love. once you learn to love that special someone,it takes over you and it will never leave you. true love is everlasting." that was how I called the love of my life " the secretary" at 10:15pm. when you look it at the surface, falling in love with a lady older than I is hilarious, but looking at it deeply, age is not an hindrance.

" hello....sorry for disturbing you at this time of the night. there is something I urgently want to tell you" I said ......." oooooh James, I'm exhausted....... I need to go back to sleep, let's leave it till tomorrow when we meet in the chamber". " ooh........I'm not coming anymore" I said " why......any problem?" she asked curiously. I brief her what happened just only for her to allow me say my mind. as I was about to reveal to her my heartily love, my mum walks in, and hurriedly, I cut the line.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My First Job After Youth Service / A List Of Freelancers To Avoid - Writers And Outsourcers / Can Free Education Be More Advantangeous To Pay Education? Support Or Oppose..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.