Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,189 members, 7,818,615 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:52 PM

I Want To Be Famous (Quest For Fame) A Short Story - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / I Want To Be Famous (Quest For Fame) A Short Story (6076 Views)

Famous Books, Countries That Banned Them And Why It Was Banned.- Tapread.net / Fate And Fortune(a Short Story) / Pleasure And Pain - A Short Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Be Famous (Quest For Fame) A Short Story by Nobody: 9:58am On Mar 30, 2015
I'm very passionate about this story. and i feel i've to share.

All right reserved.
No part of this book should be reproduced without the consent of the author®®

Updates drop Anytime

Let's go there cheesy

1 Like

Re: I Want To Be Famous (Quest For Fame) A Short Story by Nobody: 10:35am On Mar 30, 2015
It was a cool sunday morning,I quickly woke up and say a short prayer to God,i cleaned my room and I moved to the living room where the morning devotion always take place.
My mummy was already there reading the bible,I knelt down politely in the way a yoruba lady should greet elderly ones

"Good morning ma," I said

"Morning,my daughter,how was your night" My mummy said

"It was fine ma" I replied politely.

The morning devotion lasted for 40minutes,then i said the last prayer and I rushed to my room to get ready for church,How I love going to church!!

I quickly took my bath and creamed my body,I wore my long cinderella gown,a gown that was made for me,because it clogged smartly to me like my second skin.

I was a member of the choir group in the church,but i cant 'robe' with them because i was unable to attend their rehearsals during the week.

I rushed out of my room to the parlour and I noticed that my mummy was also set,she was looking good,she wore a green 'ankara' with scattered designs,the tailor did justice to the cloth because the style fits her properly and it brings out her shape.

"Mummy,I'm set,let's go" I said.

We left the house and took a cab to the church.

On getting to the church,I quickly join the youth sunday school class,I stood for five minutes because i was five minutes late,then I took my seat,the sunday school class lasted for 50minutes.

After which the choir sang a few chorus and I danced to my Creator the best way,I can..The pastor said a few prayers and preached about the "the sufficency of God" where he discussed that God is the only one who can supply our daily need.

The pastor made use of the popular verse "ask and it shall be given to you,seek and you shall find,knock and it shall be opened" matt 7:7

After the sermon,the pastor asked us to ask God for one thing we want him to do for us,Everybodyy prayed

I wasnt left behind as i prayed diligently ignoring my neighbours,I asked God "I want to be famous,father,i want to be famous" When the pastor called off the preyer,i was still praying,i was so engrossed in my prayer that i didnt noticed.

When i finally opened my eyes,i realised the whole congregration has been watching me,my mummy gave me that "are you okay" look,but i quickly ignored her.

After the service,we went back home.

^^tbc^^

See you guys on saturday

1 Like

Re: I Want To Be Famous (Quest For Fame) A Short Story by Divepen1(m): 2:59pm On Mar 30, 2015
hmm.. make I dey wait
Re: I Want To Be Famous (Quest For Fame) A Short Story by Nobody: 4:29pm On Mar 30, 2015
Divepen1:
hmm.. make I dey wait
lol
Thanks for stoppin.by smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Want To Be Famous (Quest For Fame) A Short Story by Iolite(f): 8:19pm On Mar 30, 2015
And?
Re: I Want To Be Famous (Quest For Fame) A Short Story by Divepen1(m): 1:33am On Mar 31, 2015
Iolite:
And?
yes O
Re: I Want To Be Famous (Quest For Fame) A Short Story by stuff46(m): 7:26am On Mar 31, 2015
Were is pretydiva89, i guess this will help yoi in your quest.

Abeg all of una when wan de famous, i de talk am. I should not be excluded and forgoten one's you make it. If e go hard you ro contact me, gimme your number. Lol

Btw nice one
Re: I Want To Be Famous (Quest For Fame) A Short Story by Nobody: 10:21am On Mar 31, 2015
stuff46:

Abeg all of una when wan de famous, i de talk am. I should not be excluded and forgoten one's you make it. If e go hard you ro contact me, gimme your number. Lol

Btw nice one
Thank you.

dont worry i wont forget u wen i'm famous. grin
Re: I Want To Be Famous (Quest For Fame) A Short Story by Nobody: 1:00pm On Mar 31, 2015
^^^^Continuation^^
We got home and i quickly,entered the kitchen,I checked the timetable and I realised we are eating Semovita and egusi soup,How i hate that food!!

I prepared the food,though I reduced the quantity because i'm sure I wont taste it,I quickly set the dinning table and beckoned on my mummy to come and eat.

She was eating when she asked me whether i wont eat,I lied to her that I will eat mine before going to bed,she said okay.

"Is Tomorrow not your future declaration in school?" she asked.

Future declaration is a custom whereby students will announce to everyone what they want to become in future and their decision will be written down,ten years later,all the students will come together and see if they were able to fulfill their dreams.

"Yes,ma,but tomorrow is also your EGBE OMO'ODUA meeting " I said so as to discourage my mummy from going with me

"Yes,i know,but It's 120'clock and yours is ten,so i can make it" my mummy replied

"Mummy,you know, there is go-slow,i dont think you will make it" I said

"Haba,i will definitely make it"

"Mummy,you dont really have to come,it's nothing important"

"Lailai,I wont be missing in your life,my daughter am coming with you,unless you are expecting your boyfriend" mummy said jokingly

"I dont have a bf,if you really want to come ,fine,but dont be shocked when you realised what i'm up to" I said angrily and went to my room.

"Oniranu,whether you like it or not,i will come and see what you have"

Tbc

1 Like

Re: I Want To Be Famous (Quest For Fame) A Short Story by Nobody: 3:48pm On Mar 31, 2015
stuff46:

Btw nice one
Am here now.
It will help thanks.
Don't worry,you will be remember although you would not need it cos we will all be famous
Re: I Want To Be Famous (Quest For Fame) A Short Story by Nobody: 3:50pm On Mar 31, 2015
Nice one dear kitnah
Re: I Want To Be Famous (Quest For Fame) A Short Story by Nobody: 12:08pm On Apr 01, 2015
^^^CONTINATION^^^

It was a sunny monday,after the morning devotion,i quickly performed my morning routine,I rushed to the bathroom to take my bath,i quickly rubbed my cream.

I ransacked my wardrobe looking for what to wear,i picked my favourite jeans pencil skirt,i wore it with my long-sleeve top,making me look corporate.

I joined my mummy in the parlour,we went to my school together.
~~~IN THE SCHOOL~~~
I asked my mummy to sit at the back but she refused saying "you dont want me to see you abi? Ko possible" my mummy moved to the very front.

I went to meet my friends,we hugged and chatted about almost everything,my counsellor beckoned on all of us to gathered together because the event is starting immediately

Then our principal walked to the podium,a man of about sixty-five year old,he has this terrible accent that made many believed he spoke through his nose.He is a man with an average height,dark in complexion with a bald head.

"I welcome everyone to this glorious event,shall we rise up for prayers" he said.

Everybody stood up and he said a short prayer followed with a couple of 'amen'.

He further addressed us about the challenges outside,how we should face this,after a few minutes,he ended the speech and we entered the occasion proper.

"Lizzy omoyemi,tell is what you want to become in life" he said.lizzy got up,she was the head girl

"I want to be lawyer,so help me God" she said and curtseyed.

"Adekanbi olanrewaju,your ambition pls"

"I want to be a medical doctor" larry said

The guidance counsellor was writing our ambition down and dropping them in the decision box

It went on like that with people saying i wanna become a lawyer or a doctor or architect or a biochemist.

When it got to my turn,the principal said "fatoba olubunmi,your ambition pls"

I knew i've to drop the shocker,and i was prepared or so i thought,i walked up to the podium "I wanna be famous,because fame is my mistress and partner" i said

The principal looked at me disappointedly" fame is not something to aspire for,i'm disappointed in you,have you no ambition?" he asked.

Heavens knows i hate that man,i would have be the headgirl but he stopped me,saying I'm not punctual,though he gave me the post of a library perfect.

"Why not save the lectures for those who are gonna starve while desperately trying to see what a court looks likes,no offence,lizzy" I replied.

Everybody was dumbstruck,they were looking at me as if i said i wanna kill myself "And everybody can stop their hate because you all wanna be famous,but there is a difference because i'm 100% sure i will be famous,write this down,cos there will be a quiz,i will be famous even if that is the last thing i'm gonna do on earth" i said

The next thing i heard was a resounding slap from my mummy.the type that could reset your destiny

~~~Tbc~~~~

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Be Famous (Quest For Fame) A Short Story by Nobody: 6:24am On Apr 02, 2015
When I got home,I felt a burden lifted off my chest,I was relieved,I knew,I will be in for it when my mummy comes back,but oddly enough I'm not scared.

Mummy is not the type that punish children but for her to have given me a slap in the school,it must have really hurt her,but I've been keeping that dreams for so long,I need to let it out somehow.

I heard a knock at the door,I knew it's my mummy,so I quickly opened the door,to avoid the history of my life,one thing I noticed about our nigerian mum,is that they have a degree in nagging,my mummy especially, she could nag for africa,but I still love her.

When I opened the door,I was expecting to see my mummy angry,with bloodshot eyes but instead,I saw her calm wearing the most beautiful smile ever,I was shocked,was she not the woman that slapped me in school? Why is she acting like everything is okay,when I know it's not?? I thought to myself

"Welcome ma" I greeted politely

"Ba wo ni,dear" she replied gleefully

"Mo wa okay ma" I replied and quickly collected her bags.

I wasn't feeling comfortable anymore,because I knew sooner or later ,she will bring up 'that matter' which I don't wanna talk about.I quickly used the bag as an excuse to vacate the sitting room.

I quickly dropped her bag in her room and rushed to my room.I picked a novel and started reading,halfway ,my mummy called me and I knew she want to discuss 'that matter,

1 Like

Re: I Want To Be Famous (Quest For Fame) A Short Story by Nobody: 8:18am On Apr 02, 2015
Hey guys,kindly vote for as the best upcoming writer via thiS link
https://www.nairaland.com/1804027/free-n5000-writer-here-every/59#up

Thanks!!
Re: I Want To Be Famous (Quest For Fame) A Short Story by Nobody: 5:23pm On Apr 02, 2015
"I'm here ma" I replied her as I rushed to the sitting room.
"What do you want to become in life" my mummy asked calmly
Truth be told,I don't have anything else I wanna become in life,I've not really think about something else,fame is all I know and really want.
"Mummy,I want to be famous,plain and simple"I replied bracing myself for the worst.
"My dear,there are thousand of people with the same ambition as yours" my mummy replied still calm
"Mum,but there is a different,I'm 180% sure I will be famous,they don't have that assurance "I said
My mummy smiled and say "fame is not all that good,many famous celebrities are struggling with their marriages,divorce here and there,you really want that"
"Omotola is an exception,she balanced her marriage with her status"
"Really? Her life script is different from yours" mummy countered
"Mum,think about the paparazzi,the way people literally worships celebs is amazing,they are demi_gods" I replied
"Well,I'm not against you being famous,I just want you to know,there are lines,you must not cross"mummy chirped in.
Did she just gave me the go- ahead??
"Mummy,thank you,I won't disappoint you" I said with great delight as I hugged her tightly.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Be Famous (Quest For Fame) A Short Story by Divepen1(m): 6:55pm On Apr 02, 2015
I must be famous
Re: I Want To Be Famous (Quest For Fame) A Short Story by Divepen1(m): 6:57pm On Apr 02, 2015
You are swerving between tenses
Re: I Want To Be Famous (Quest For Fame) A Short Story by Nobody: 7:39pm On Apr 02, 2015
Divepen1:
You are swerving between tenses
Sowie
I'm modifyin ryt away!!
Re: I Want To Be Famous (Quest For Fame) A Short Story by Nobody: 8:03pm On Apr 02, 2015
Divepen1:
I must be famous
not just you
Re: I Want To Be Famous (Quest For Fame) A Short Story by Divepen1(m): 9:04pm On Apr 02, 2015
kitnah:

Sowie
I'm modifyin ryt away!!
okay .

oya do quick
Re: I Want To Be Famous (Quest For Fame) A Short Story by Nobody: 6:04am On Apr 03, 2015
I knew lizzy is definitely angry with me,those shades I threw at her were uncalled for and harsh,I personally can't stand such.

I had planned on visiting her when I'm coming back from my dance rehearsal. my jamb exam approaches,and I refused to go for lessons,instead,I registered at a dancing school nearby eventhough my mummy protested heavily,I'm not a good dancer but I'm learning it quick.

When I got to lizzy's house,I met her cooking in the kitchen with her mummy,I greeted her politely
"Welcome my daughter,your friend is in the backyard" lizzy's mummy said

I quickly rushed to the backyard and I saw lizzy,she was peeling yam.
"Oh,let me help you" I offered seeing that she was peeling the white inner together with the back
"Thanks,I really need to learn how to cook this day,mummy has been complaining" "lizzy said
Lizzy is the only child of her parent,her father died when she was just three years old,out of respect,her mummy never re-marry,she was a spoilt child,just recently,she started doing some household chores,

"Yeah,I think you probably need that"I said as I finished slicing the yam into pieces,then I rinsed it in a bowl of water nearby "hmm,lizzy,I came to apologise for my outburst yesterday,I'm so sorry and mind you,you aint gonna starve ,okay?

"It's okay,I didn't pick offence at all,maybe you were right afterall,I wanna be famous too,I don't want to go to college anymore,you gon' help me?" Lizzy asked sternly

How I'm I supposed to convince this girl to go for her law because her life script is different from mine?? I will definitely look like a buzzkill

"Hmm,lizzy,go for your law,that is the best" was all I could say.
It took some minutes before I could convince her,but at the end I was able to convince her. Successfullym

I went back home.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Be Famous (Quest For Fame) A Short Story by Divepen1(m): 6:39am On Apr 03, 2015
fame son start
Re: I Want To Be Famous (Quest For Fame) A Short Story by Nobody: 6:59am On Apr 03, 2015
Divepen1:
fame son start
lol
Re: I Want To Be Famous (Quest For Fame) A Short Story by Nobody: 9:46am On Apr 03, 2015
take me along on ya journey to be famous cos I must also
Re: I Want To Be Famous (Quest For Fame) A Short Story by alberto2k(m): 8:12am On Apr 04, 2015
Happy Birthday Olubunmi smiley
Re: I Want To Be Famous (Quest For Fame) A Short Story by Nobody: 9:59am On Apr 04, 2015
alberto2k:
Happy Birthday Olubunmi smiley

My name is not bunmi,I changed the name tongue

Thank-you very much
Re: I Want To Be Famous (Quest For Fame) A Short Story by alberto2k(m): 10:08am On Apr 04, 2015
kitnah:

My name is not bunmi,I changed the name tongue

Thank-you very much
embarassed angry
Re: I Want To Be Famous (Quest For Fame) A Short Story by Nobody: 6:44pm On Apr 04, 2015
The d-day for jamb came,I quickly scanned through my books,I nearly turned a prayer warrior,I was praying fervently.

So,mummy gave me some money and drove me to my exam centre,when I got to my centre,I saw a lot of people,I instantly make friends with a few of them,when it was time for me to write my exam,I quickly say a short prayer,and I started answering the questions the best way I can.

Few minutes later,I left the hall and submitted my work,coming out,I met some friends,we hugged and exchanged numbers,I left the centre

When I got to the gate,a young lady gave me an hand bill,that I should come to their seminar for youth,I collected the hand bill with the hope that I won't attend her seminar,but one way or the other,the seminar changed my life for good.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Be Famous (Quest For Fame) A Short Story by Nobody: 6:45pm On Apr 04, 2015
I saw an advert on the television,it has to do with the competition for the next miss trust,they gave a procedure for the competition,instantly,I was delighted,even though it requires some money,but I really don't care.

I instantly went to my mummy's drawer and picked #7000,something I've not done before,but my crazy quest for fame is making me do some abominable thing.

I rushed to the bank to make the payment,when I got to the bank,the queue is just too much,I knew I can't stand in the sun for that long,I quickly cat walked to the front,I saw a young guy who was obviously stealing glances at me at interval.

I decided to use that opportunity to make my payment,"hey,how are you doing?" I said with a broad smile

"I'm good ma'am,what are you doing here?" He asked

"What a question?? Is this guy dumb or what?"I said to myself,"I wanna make payment but the queue is too much,and I need to attend to other things asap"

"Oh,let me help you,but you must give me your contact address" he replied

"For his mind now,he don see girl,mtcheew" I said to myself,"no prob,just help me" I said calmly

He collected my deposit slip while I sat down busy with my phone,I could hear whispers everywhere,but who cares.

Few minutes,he came out and gave me my teller,as expected,he asked for my digits,as a sharp girl,I mixed some numbers together and gave him. Good riddance to bad rubbish!!

I quickly rushed to the market to buy cocker el's feed,their food is almost finished.I took a bike and went back home.

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Be Famous (Quest For Fame) A Short Story by Nobody: 2:22pm On Apr 05, 2015
'I will be famous' is now completed on my memopad.grin

About 6/7 chapters left
Re: I Want To Be Famous (Quest For Fame) A Short Story by Nobody: 3:52pm On Apr 05, 2015
kitnah:
'I will be famous' is now completed on my memopad.grin

About 6/7 chapters left
we must be famous

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Want To Be Famous (Quest For Fame) A Short Story by Nobody: 4:27pm On Apr 05, 2015
prettydiva89:

we must be famous
Amen sis

But follow it to the end to grab the message tongue

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is This For Real? / The Literature Fun Thread - Stephen King Fans! Be Afraid, Be Very Afraid / 50 Books To Read Before You Reach 50 + DL Links

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.