Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,429 members, 7,954,683 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:06 AM

Us Blast Mariah Carey For Performing In Nigeria - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Us Blast Mariah Carey For Performing In Nigeria (873 Views)

Paul Okoye Shares A Pic Of P-Square Performing In Hilarious Costumes Way Back / Mariah Carey Performing In Lagos (Pictures) / Mariah Carey, Beyonce Knowles, Jennifer Lopez: Who Is Most Beautiful? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Us Blast Mariah Carey For Performing In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:24pm On Dec 16, 2013
Seems the US media are not comfortable with Mariah Carey performing at a country they described as the “center of the world’s email financial crimes”.

A popular news site, Radar Online, had this to say on the performance;

Mariah Carey proudly posted a pic of herself in a slinky yellow dress and wrote, “Backstage in Nigeria” on Saturday.
But maybe the songbird should have done some homework before agreeing to the gig?

Her show was at Access Bank’s Christmas Party which was also a farewell bash for the bank’s managing director.

And while Access Bank is a reputable financial institution, should Carey have known a few basics about the African nation before taking the paycheck?

Ironically — given that she was performing for bankers — it seems Carey wasn’t aware Nigeria is well-known as the center of the world’s email financial crimes! Nigeria is even part of the name — as in “Nigerian 411 Scams.”

Nigeria is also, according to the United Nations, the hub of human trafficking as “a source, destination and transit country.

AND, just for good measure, there are mass killings going on in two Nigerian states right now, and according to Human Rights Watch, the violence is being ignored by federal authorities.

Do you think this assessment of Nigeria is right? Do you have any issues with the US star performing for Access Bank?
http://news2.onlinenigeria.com/headline/327317-%26amp%3Bquot%3Bnigeria-is-a-country-known-for-%E2%80%98terror%2C-death-and-fraud%26amp%3Bquot%3B-us-blasts-mariah-carey-for-performing-in-nigeria.html

Re: Us Blast Mariah Carey For Performing In Nigeria by amaboss(m): 6:29pm On Dec 16, 2013
Re: Us Blast Mariah Carey For Performing In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:40pm On Dec 16, 2013
Errmmm, asking me whether I agree with this or not is out of the question, neither will my answer change the fact that this is what we're known for (smh), but did they lie?
Re: Us Blast Mariah Carey For Performing In Nigeria by amaboss(m): 6:40pm On Dec 16, 2013
Buoyantic: Seems the US media are not comfortable with Mariah Carey performing at a country they described as the “center of the world’s email financial crimes”.

How does singing a song for bankers put her bank account in jeopardy?
Re: Us Blast Mariah Carey For Performing In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:52pm On Dec 16, 2013
amaboss:

How does singing a song for bankers put her bank account in jeopardy?
Her E-mails and bank to bank transactions with Nigeria is what they're bothered about, lols
Re: Us Blast Mariah Carey For Performing In Nigeria by sholay2011(m): 7:28pm On Dec 16, 2013
Na wa ooo.
Re: Us Blast Mariah Carey For Performing In Nigeria by oluboyo04(m): 8:47pm On Dec 16, 2013
let them say whatever they like.
Re: Us Blast Mariah Carey For Performing In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:50pm On Dec 16, 2013
The title should be 'radar online blasts maria carey blah blah'. And why is this an issue? It's not as if its us government or any serious mag/newspaper. It's just a blog site for God sake! Aaargh!!!

Fatherlord in heaven, when will my Naija people stop being a sulker and ignore certain things?
Abeg, Stop exhibiting low self esteem, why should what 'radar online' says get to anyone

So if gistyinka blog for example bashes the united states, then all US entertainment sites will start spreading it? And also as 'Nigeria bashes US'? Fact is no one will care! - That's what they call self esteem! Not just opening a thread to write a poem like a dude did recently. I hope one day one day, Nigerians will get over their inferiority complex compound.

Odabo

1 Like

Re: Us Blast Mariah Carey For Performing In Nigeria by tomsniel(m): 7:45am On Dec 17, 2013
[color=#000000][/color]All i will say is GOD BLESS NIGERIA...
Re: Us Blast Mariah Carey For Performing In Nigeria by cvanvic(m): 9:29am On Dec 17, 2013
I dnt tink any is wrong with Maria carey performing in Nigeria.
Re: Us Blast Mariah Carey For Performing In Nigeria by Richiy(f): 11:05am On Dec 17, 2013
Shebi she have come, performed and gone without any trouble? Would it kill them to give us good publicity one time?
Re: Us Blast Mariah Carey For Performing In Nigeria by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 3:16pm On Dec 17, 2013
Is that an OX fan I spotted at the corner of the picture?

(1) (Reply)

Peter Okoye Poses With Scantily-clad Ladies In Sexy Christmas Outfits / Meet The Family Of OJB Jezreel(in Pictures) / Started From The Bottom, Now She’s Here! Mercy Johnson’s Success Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.