Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,707 members, 7,955,670 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 12:22 PM

How Best Do I Get Out Of Nigeria With My Family - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Best Do I Get Out Of Nigeria With My Family (12484 Views)

A City In Nigeria With 24/7 Electricity Supply! / 10 State Capitals In Nigeria With Low Crime Rate / How Do I Travel Back To Nigeria With My Baby? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Best Do I Get Out Of Nigeria With My Family by bugativeron: 7:31pm On Dec 16, 2013
I dont know about you. But as for me I am tired of this country and it seems nothing will ever work again. I need to look for a legitimate way of getting my family out of this country. Me, my wife and my two children. I am tired of spending my income on things that are consumption in nature without being able to see what lies in the future. Like I said it can be frustrating seeing the way the country is being run. But my greatest fear is for the future of my children. Please forget any advise not to go my mind is made up. Mind you I work and I am not sure i earn badly, at least earn above 8m annually with my wife we earn over 10m. But i cant just continue with the frustration that come with this country. PLS YOUR ADVISE ON LEGITIMATE WAY TO LEAVE AND NEVER TO COME BACK AGAIN.

7 Likes

Re: How Best Do I Get Out Of Nigeria With My Family by MANGAM(m): 7:40pm On Dec 16, 2013
u earn abt 8M to 10M annually and u ar complainin? U need to be gr8tful to God. There ar thousand out there dat left sch 10yrs and ar jobless and barely feed themselves. I wish u safe journey

9 Likes

Re: How Best Do I Get Out Of Nigeria With My Family by maxman1: 7:48pm On Dec 16, 2013
Dude u should be gr8ful to almighty for everything. U just said u earn upto 8m for year. Dat is a gud pay my friend. Now tell me if then travel how much do u think u will be earning out there?.
Re: How Best Do I Get Out Of Nigeria With My Family by ifegy: 8:54pm On Dec 16, 2013
You could look into immigrating as a skilled professional to places like Canada (https://www.nairaland.com/1279130/canadian-federal-skilled-worker-program-timelines; www.cic.gc.ca is the official Canadian government immigration site), Australia, Denmark, etc.

Also, if you go to a place like Canada to study, your wife can come along and work while you study, and you can apply to immigrate along the line.

2 Likes

Re: How Best Do I Get Out Of Nigeria With My Family by bugativeron: 1:06am On Dec 17, 2013
@Ifegy thanks for your advice. have been thinking along that line. guys it isnt always about me but future of my children, i am a man that will be contented with just basic things of life in a stable environment. i am just tired and sick that this country have too many people suffering unnecessarily and i cant stand it anymore.

3 Likes

Re: How Best Do I Get Out Of Nigeria With My Family by hopful: 3:46am On Dec 17, 2013
@op,
You are entitled to your decisions, but pls make an informed one.
Leaving such combined couple income to start afresh needs a second thought.
You said its for your children's future; with what you are earning , you can send them to ivy league schools anywhere if you save upfront for that. Even many citizens of the developed nations cannot afford such.
I agree that the Nigerian situation can be frustrating even when you have money, but plan well before you leap.
Don't think that some people are not suffering in the US, i have seen homeless citizens here and I vowed that rather than become homeless , i will go back to nigeria. I am a student on scholarship and I thank God for that, otherwise, living here could be difficult financially, except of course you have people back home to rely on. So if you decide to come for studies, consider the financial implications for a family of 4, with need for health insurance etc.
I cannot discourage you from leaving nigeria, but have a solid plan.
A work based migration will be a good option, so you can explore such.
If you really want it, you will find a way.

3 Likes

Re: How Best Do I Get Out Of Nigeria With My Family by oolumide: 10:08am On Dec 17, 2013
@hopful thanks for you insight. Well I may be wrong but my thinking is that many nigerians want to go to major cities in places like US. What if I decide to go to a place like wyoming (I hope I got the spelling right) with less population and also decide to stay in country side will cost of leaving still be so high and challenging? I dont know. I av always wanted a country side life with so much privacy with my family and with so much interest agriculture. Well the idea is also to learn a lot about animal farming and with the plan to probably come back to nigeria later year for non economic reasons. However the things that are important for me is access to good health care and good education for my ward. Do u know that I pay about 320k for my 2 children sch fees per term and it is still the basic education.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Best Do I Get Out Of Nigeria With My Family by oolumide: 10:09am On Dec 17, 2013
Does the USA student immigration law allow people to ask there family over.
Re: How Best Do I Get Out Of Nigeria With My Family by dasparrow: 12:21pm On Dec 17, 2013
oolumide: Does the USA student immigration law allow people to ask there family over.

Yes it does but you have to be able to prove that you can provide for them and that they won't be a liability whilst living in the United States.

bugativeron:
I dont know about you. But as for me I am tired of this country and it seems nothing will ever work again. I need to look for a legitimate way of getting my family out of this country. Me, my wife and my two children. I am tired of spending my income on things that are consumption in nature without being able to see what lies in the future. Like I said it can be frustrating seeing the way the country is being run. But my greatest fear is for the future of my children. Please forget any advise not to go my mind is made up. Mind you I work and I am not sure i earn badly, at least earn above 8m annually with my wife we earn over 10m. But i cant just continue with the frustration that come with this country. PLS YOUR ADVISE ON LEGITIMATE WAY TO LEAVE AND NEVER TO COME BACK AGAIN.

I understand how you feel. Here are your possible options:

1. See if you can find an international NGO that will hire you and send you to work in one of its branches or locations overseas.

2. See if you can migrate to other countries under the professional migrant program.

3. See if you can get a scholarship, study in countries like Canada and then after graduating, apply for a path that will eventually lead to citizenship.

4. You can also consider migrating to other African countries as well. Not all African countries are like our dear country Nigeria but make sure you migrate to one where the citizens are not so hostile to foreigners.

All the best!

3 Likes

Re: How Best Do I Get Out Of Nigeria With My Family by oolumide: 2:21pm On Dec 17, 2013
@dasparrow thank for ur highlights. All ur points are valid. African countries option seems a good one. My only challenge with it is that it is mainly southern african countries that are a bit okay. Zimbabwe would have been the best option for me. For it capture the serenity that I desire, but things have gone too bad there since I was last there in 2003. Then it was one of the few countries in africa that you drink water directly from the tap, it was also then the food basket of southern africa. I was once in one of their secondary school and it was like a university in nigeria. But since then a lot has happened. But then thanks for ur input.
Re: How Best Do I Get Out Of Nigeria With My Family by luvlyoracle(m): 2:50pm On Dec 18, 2013
hmm..i dont know oo.

1 Like

Re: How Best Do I Get Out Of Nigeria With My Family by Nobody: 2:52pm On Dec 18, 2013
Go to Bama in Borno State and cross over to Cameroun or Chad Republic. Hassle free i tell ya...

1 Like

Re: How Best Do I Get Out Of Nigeria With My Family by mosho2good: 2:54pm On Dec 18, 2013
By having a lot of money and good caring
Re: How Best Do I Get Out Of Nigeria With My Family by candor4(f): 2:57pm On Dec 18, 2013
@ op........pls can I come wit u..............wit me u hv 3 kids.............am equally tired of d country................so many failed promises

4 Likes

Re: How Best Do I Get Out Of Nigeria With My Family by Nobody: 2:58pm On Dec 18, 2013
consider Australia.
Re: How Best Do I Get Out Of Nigeria With My Family by Nobody: 3:01pm On Dec 18, 2013
ifegy: You could look into immigrating as a skilled professional to places like Canada (https://www.nairaland.com/1279130/canadian-federal-skilled-worker-program-timelines; www.cic.gc.ca is the official Canadian government immigration site), Australia, Denmark, etc.

Also, if you go to a place like Canada to study, your wife can come along and work while you study, and you can apply to immigrate along the line.

at poster you can try this link. I think canada would be the best option to migrate

Determine your eligibility if you are qualified to migrate to canada
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who.asp
it's an assessment test.

hopful:

@op,
You are entitled to your decisions, but pls make an informed one.
Leaving such combined couple income to start afresh needs a second thought.
You said its for your children's future; with what you are earning , you can send them to ivy league schools anywhere if you save upfront for that. Even many citizens of the developed nations cannot afford such.
I agree that the Nigerian situation can be frustrating even when you have money, but plan well before you leap.
Don't think that some people are not suffering in the US, i have seen homeless citizens here and I vowed that rather than become homeless , i will go back to nigeria. I am a student on scholarship and I thank God for that, otherwise, living here could be difficult financially, except of course you have people back home to rely on. So if you decide to come for studies, consider the financial implications for a family of 4, with need for health insurance etc.
I cannot discourage you from leaving nigeria, but have a solid plan.
A work based migration will be a good option, so you can explore such.
If you really want it, you will find a way.

Option 2 - Follow this advise.

@Poster
Are you leaving beyond your budget? Earning approx. 10 million per year isn't that reasonable? Do you think you would get something better out there? You can always send your kids abroad for studies if you really care about their future.

How frustrating is it exactly? Roads? Electricity? Environment? Security?
Re: How Best Do I Get Out Of Nigeria With My Family by duni04(m): 3:02pm On Dec 18, 2013
The only way d OP's story is true is if he's an armed robber or a 419'er that is looking to escape from d country. Hw can u b earning 10m per year and want to flee Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: How Best Do I Get Out Of Nigeria With My Family by wayodude(m): 3:09pm On Dec 18, 2013
oya nau, come to london cheesy

1 Like

Re: How Best Do I Get Out Of Nigeria With My Family by Nobody: 3:09pm On Dec 18, 2013
Here is the test assessment site to migrate to canada

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/eligibility.asp

bugativeron: @Ifegy thanks for your advice. have been thinking along that line. guys it isnt always about me but future of my children, i am a man that will be contented with just basic things of life in a stable environment. i am just tired and sick that this country have too many people suffering unnecessarily and i cant stand it anymore.

are you migrating because people are suffering unneccessary? or for better opportunity/green pasture? future security incase of termination of job or sack from employer?
Re: How Best Do I Get Out Of Nigeria With My Family by portable11: 3:17pm On Dec 18, 2013
I support dis motion....o dupe ti e,so many people out there looking for what to eat.abi u dey lie ni.SMH for u
duni04: The only way d OP's story is true is if he's an armed robber or a 419'er that is looking to escape from d country. Hw can u b earning 10m per year and want to flee Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: How Best Do I Get Out Of Nigeria With My Family by Kx: 3:26pm On Dec 18, 2013
Op u are not alone.
However, my approach is not to admit defeat and quit from the system but rather take actions no matter how little in my individual capacity to force a change.

I will only advise that we should all truly express our love for our children by speaking with one voice towards a better nigeria for our children and our children"s children.
Its high time we resumed protests as it is in ukraine today to demand an end to this naija version of democracy for a true and masses focused leadership.

1 Like

Re: How Best Do I Get Out Of Nigeria With My Family by ocheejemb: 3:26pm On Dec 18, 2013
Looks like you can go to Canada if you enroll in a Phd. Not sure why wouuld want to leave 10m Naira a year though. Your children can go to the very best primary and secondary schools. And you can easily send them abroad for Univeristy if you want on your salary. I guess you have your reasons.
Re: How Best Do I Get Out Of Nigeria With My Family by astronautog(m): 3:27pm On Dec 18, 2013
U can go to sudan if u no like 9ja
Re: How Best Do I Get Out Of Nigeria With My Family by janykute: 3:27pm On Dec 18, 2013
duni04: The only way d OP's story is true is if he's an armed robber or a 419'er that is looking to escape from d country. Hw can u b earning 10m per year and want to flee Nigeria.
I wonder o.
Re: How Best Do I Get Out Of Nigeria With My Family by gerald09(m): 3:29pm On Dec 18, 2013
Bro am happy for u dat u decided to leave d 10million n travel out of Nigeria, their is a saying dat goes "dem no dey tell blind person say *rain* dey fall" its good dat u are planning to leave please b4 u leave culd u tell me d name of dat organisation cos dey are bout to have a vacancy, n when u finally leave I wish say u get UK visa so royal mail, Mcdonald, KFC and burger king wuld have a new staff. Cos dats how much d UK/US value Africa "certificate". I get number of guys dat got tiered of Nigeria too and left dere correct job, I'll give u dere details so dey will tell u watin dey ground. Good luck on ur future endeavours.

6 Likes

Re: How Best Do I Get Out Of Nigeria With My Family by Afrocatalyst: 3:30pm On Dec 18, 2013
Not true.
Re: How Best Do I Get Out Of Nigeria With My Family by alaladakosta(f): 3:31pm On Dec 18, 2013
op,the best way is thru visa lottery, sadly nigerians are no more eligible, was working with my hubby in nigeria too, though not earning close to that figure u quote at all but still doing well ok, my hubby just start feeling the future is shaky in nigeria.bless God we won the Dv thingy.u can try canada skilled immigratn program too, cus for u to be earning that Massive figure in nigeria you must be a profesional. wish you the best.
Re: How Best Do I Get Out Of Nigeria With My Family by OgologoDimkpa: 3:31pm On Dec 18, 2013
bugativeron: I dont know about you. But as for me I am tired of this country and it seems nothing will ever work again. I need to look for a legitimate way of getting my family out of this country. Me, my wife and my two children. I am tired of spending my income on things that are consumption in nature without being able to see what lies in the future. Like I said it can be frustrating seeing the way the country is being run. But my greatest fear is for the future of my children. Please forget any advise not to go my mind is made up. Mind you I work and I am not sure i earn badly, at least earn above 8m annually with my wife we earn over 10m. But i cant just continue with the frustration that come with this country. PLS YOUR ADVISE ON LEGITIMATE WAY TO LEAVE AND NEVER TO COME BACK AGAIN.
Better remain in this country.

No place like home.
Re: How Best Do I Get Out Of Nigeria With My Family by Kairoseki77: 3:31pm On Dec 18, 2013
Suicide lipsrsealed
Re: How Best Do I Get Out Of Nigeria With My Family by tellwisdom: 3:32pm On Dec 18, 2013
MANGAM: u earn abt 8M to 10M annually and u ar complainin? U need to be gr8tful to God. There ar thousand out there dat left sch 10yrs and ar jobless and barely feed themselves. I wish u safe journey

8million na money?? ... There is nothing to jubilate about. It's nothing bros. pray you make it big.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sudan: We Need 4 Aircraft To Bring Nigerians Back — FG / Seven Passengers Killed In Accident On Bauchi Expressway. Photos / Aminu Mustapha, Ondo DPO Dies In Car Crash. His Son Survives With Injuries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.