Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,584 members, 7,958,802 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 01:40 AM

Oil Leakage From My Gear Box. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Oil Leakage From My Gear Box. (1844 Views)

Preventive Maintance Tips : Automatic Gear Box / What You Should Do About That Engine Oil Leakage/burning. / Causes Of Engine Oil Leakage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oil Leakage From My Gear Box. by ReLaTE(m): 8:36am On Dec 17, 2013
My VW golf3 auto is dropping oil whenever I packed it and wen I inspected it I noticed that the oil is red and must be my gear oil.I took it to my mechanic and he said that the gear box oil seal is weak that the gear box will hv to be dismantle and a new oil seal be replace.
Pls is that the solution to it coz I dnt wnt them to mess up wt my gear box.
Re: Oil Leakage From My Gear Box. by Lexusgs430: 4:25am On Dec 19, 2013
You found out the problem and your mechanic has told you the solution. If you do not want any intrusive surgery to your gearbox, check your gearbox oil regularly and keep topping up as @ when required. (make sure the manufacturers recommend gearbox transmission oil is used)

2 Likes

Re: Oil Leakage From My Gear Box. by ReLaTE(m): 6:51am On Dec 19, 2013
Lexusgs430: You found out the problem and your mechanic has told you the solution. If you do not want any intrusive surgery to your gearbox, check your gearbox oil regularly and keep topping up as @ when required. (make sure the manufacturers recommend gearbox transmission oil is used)
Re: Oil Leakage From My Gear Box. by smoogy: 9:04pm On Dec 28, 2013
Wel to change the oil seal isn't dat a big deal,if the mech is good and reliable..let him change it...
Re: Oil Leakage From My Gear Box. by luvinhubby(m): 9:16pm On Dec 28, 2013
There are oil seals that are attached to your gearbox at the point where the shaft cups go into the gear, sometimes they get weak and allow oil to drip out.
Changing them does not demand dismantling the gear ( that`s your mechanic`s way of getting more money from you), just get a good one to change the seals for you.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Full Tank / The 2016 Mercedes-benz-glc-coupeĢ Picture Review / Toyota Map On Sd Card

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.