Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,707 members, 7,820,479 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:36 PM

Help Me, I Have An Over Protective Mother - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help Me, I Have An Over Protective Mother (1251 Views)

Nigerian Mothers....Always Over Protective! / Please Save Me From Myself, My Husband Cheated On Me, I Tried To Kill Myself / Pls Hlp Me I Can't Take Off My Shirt Since 3 Yrs Because Of My Bleaching Skin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Me, I Have An Over Protective Mother by toniecutie(f): 10:23am On Dec 17, 2013
[color=#006600][/color] i am an undergrad but my mum treats me like a kid. If i am around guys smiling my mum will look at me like i was flirting or something. I was at a wedding party with my friends and as usual i was dancing but my mum acted like my personal bodyguard and drove all the guys from me with just her eyes!(her eyes are better than guy in x-men o) . She thinks all the guys are into me and almost beat me up because i was talking with one guy staying near us and from what you guessed i have no boyfriend but the way my mum treats me its as if i have chains of them. She told me she is protecting me but na constant embarassment. She yab one boy because she heard him asking for my number. I no de answer one call for haus and all the guys de avoid me. The last time i talked to her about this wahala, i sat for 2 hours straight listening to the lecture about the dangers of boys and how their sole aim is to destroy gals but after she go tell you say she loves my dad die because he is the best. What should i do at least for her to lessen embarassment?
Re: Help Me, I Have An Over Protective Mother by luvscholar(m): 10:27am On Dec 17, 2013
toniecutie: [color=#006600][/color] i am an undergrad but my mum treats me like a kid. If i am around guys smiling my mum will look at me like i was flirting or something. I was at a wedding party with my friends and as usual i was dancing but my mum acted like my personal bodyguard and drove all the guys from me with just her eyes!(her eyes are better than guy in x-men o) . She thinks all the guys are into me and almost beat me up because i was talking with one guy staying near us and from what you guessed i have no boyfriend but the way my mum treats me its as if i have chains of them. She told me she is protecting me but na constant embarassment. She yab one boy because she heard him asking for my number. I no de answer one call for haus and all the guys de avoid me. The last time i talked to her about this wahala, i sat for 2 hours straight listening to the lecture about the dangers of boys and how their sole aim is to destroy gals but after she go tell you say she loves my dad die because he is the best. What should i do at least for her to lessen embarassment?
i feel your pain, too bad there is little or nothing you can do about unless you are ready to go radical.. I grew up in a similar enviroment
Re: Help Me, I Have An Over Protective Mother by shegxi(m): 10:47am On Dec 17, 2013
hw old is d op?
Re: Help Me, I Have An Over Protective Mother by toniecutie(f): 10:58am On Dec 17, 2013
shegxi: hw old is d op?
I am 18
Re: Help Me, I Have An Over Protective Mother by bellong: 11:07am On Dec 17, 2013
toniecutie: I am 18

Your mum still see you as a kid probably you act as one at home. Though, a lot of mothers over-protect their children to their disadvantage.

I know for a fact when your results in school start speaking good things, she will begin to loosen up. For now, face your studies and refocus your energy to what you want for the future.

You are still within the age bracket of pleasure in relationship. Most of your peer group do not understand the essence of relationship, hence the reason for your mum's actions.
Re: Help Me, I Have An Over Protective Mother by shegxi(m): 11:09am On Dec 17, 2013
wel, are u like an onli daughter or wat?
Re: Help Me, I Have An Over Protective Mother by tellwisdom: 11:11am On Dec 17, 2013

hiss! send me a pm..your mom will never resist me bein arnd u. i hop u got big yansh?? sad
Re: Help Me, I Have An Over Protective Mother by shegxi(m): 11:12am On Dec 17, 2013
bellong:

Your mum still see you as a kid probably you act as one at home. Though, a lot of mothers over-protect their children to their disadvantage.

I know for a fact when your results in school start speaking good things, she will begin to loosen up. For now, face your studies and refocus your energy to what you want for the future.

You are still within the age bracket of pleasure in relationship. Most of your peer group do not understand the essence of relationship, hence the reason for your mum's actions.
in as much as i agree wit ur summation, over protectiveness has its own downside. sometimes, its best to allow peoplemake deir mistakes and learn. too much of anyting is bad.
Re: Help Me, I Have An Over Protective Mother by bellong: 11:14am On Dec 17, 2013
shegxi: in as much as i agree wit ur summation, over protectiveness has its own downside. sometimes, its best to allow peoplemake deir mistakes and learn. too much of anyting is bad.

bellong:

Re: Help Me, I Have An Over Protective Mother by pickabeau1: 11:42am On Dec 17, 2013

when they taste the honeypot... maybe you will understand what she was saying...
Re: Help Me, I Have An Over Protective Mother by toniecutie(f): 11:55am On Dec 17, 2013
shegxi: wel, are u like an onli daughter or wat?
my mom has four children and all are girls but i am the eldest.
Re: Help Me, I Have An Over Protective Mother by shegxi(m): 12:00pm On Dec 17, 2013
toniecutie: my mom has four children and all are girls but i am the eldest.
i tink ur mumu is ultimately lukin out for u gud, mayb nt doin it d rite way thou....bt she actually mean well for u
Re: Help Me, I Have An Over Protective Mother by toniecutie(f): 12:01pm On Dec 17, 2013
bellong:

i know you are right but dat does not mean dat even a simple smile to a male compliment measns i am falling for him and i just wish i could do sth abt it
Re: Help Me, I Have An Over Protective Mother by toniecutie(f): 12:04pm On Dec 17, 2013
shegxi: i tink ur mumu is ultimately lukin out for u gud,
maybe but mumu is actually an offensive word in my locality
Re: Help Me, I Have An Over Protective Mother by shegxi(m): 12:09pm On Dec 17, 2013
toniecutie: maybe but mumu is actually an offensive word in my locality
dats a mistake, i meant to write mum.....mumu is offensive e'were.
Re: Help Me, I Have An Over Protective Mother by toniecutie(f): 12:15pm On Dec 17, 2013
Hahahaha abi o, i suprise
Re: Help Me, I Have An Over Protective Mother by shegxi(m): 12:20pm On Dec 17, 2013
toniecutie: Hahahaha abi o, i suprise
which locality is urs?
Re: Help Me, I Have An Over Protective Mother by Woged2005(f): 12:34pm On Dec 17, 2013
Sweety, mom is sooooooo wrong at controlling you. But she's doing that because she loves you. though she may be expressing it in a wrong way. However, at 18 put all efforts into education, career and just have 'healthy' fun with peers. It's okay to hangout with boys at your age. But no, no, no to se*x. That's the message mom wants to pass onto you. Send her this surprise text:

"Mom I love u, because you loved me first. You're my best friend, & friends don't let friends drive drunk. I promise you I will not fail even one bit of your words & advice even if I'm surrounded by 20 boys. But I wish you could trust me sometimes. It hurts me when u monitor me with boys, like you don't trust me. It hurts & ridicules me. Give me that benefit of doubt, I won't fail please. You are the best mom on Earth...Crying"

Get back on the past and tell us how it goes. Please never date men much older, or far richer than you at this age. You may not be able to resist their manipulations. Hang out with your peers only.

Go out and have fun but your body is the temple of God!

2 Likes

Re: Help Me, I Have An Over Protective Mother by toniecutie(f): 12:55pm On Dec 17, 2013
cheesy thanks a lot thats helpful just hope i dont receive another seminar with my younger sistera as moderator from my mom lol
Re: Help Me, I Have An Over Protective Mother by Sammiejo: 3:32pm On Dec 17, 2013
Be patient with your mum.
You are the eldest daughter, she needs you to be the model for your sisters.
I was in such a postion.
Re: Help Me, I Have An Over Protective Mother by 4C2215131: 7:45am On Feb 24, 2016
shegxi:
in as much as i agree wit ur summation, over protectiveness has its own downside. sometimes, its best to allow peoplemake deir mistakes and learn. too much of anyting is bad.

The only mistake she can make at that age is getting pregnant! Mama counts that as too much an 'experience' given her age.

Some mistakes are not worth the experience.
Re: Help Me, I Have An Over Protective Mother by 4C2215131: 7:50am On Feb 24, 2016
toniecutie:
my mom has four children and all are girls but i am the eldest.

Oh well, now I see why she's clucking about y'all like a good mother hen should. Only girls? No brother to act the protective asshole part (which by the way goes a long way in checking the excesses of sisters even though they don't appreciate it).

Ler her be protective please, she's scared of supervising a harem where the King and/or Prince makes his pick as he pleases.
Re: Help Me, I Have An Over Protective Mother by Nobody: 3:13pm On Feb 24, 2016
@tonicutie, I'm talking from experience dearie. Trust me ur mum wants d best for u bt she's doing it the wrong way. I grew up in same environment.infact, we were all girls as well. Yours is only mum alone. Mine was dad and mum but then they began to trust me due to my excellent academic performance when I gained admission. Just try to be patient with her. Wish you d best.

(1) (Reply)

Lagos Pastor Caught In Ritual Saga Opens Up / What Do You Do With Your Old Clothes? / Calling My Wife Persistently Made Her Start Cheating On Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.