Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,487 members, 7,819,762 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:41 PM

He Will Order His Angelsto Protect And Guard You - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / He Will Order His Angelsto Protect And Guard You (761 Views)

Kenyan Muslims Shield And Protect Christians In Mandera Bus Attack / Muslims Did Not Protect Christians On Christmas Day - CAN / God Order His Followers To Make Their Bread With Excrement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

He Will Order His Angelsto Protect And Guard You by Rilwayne001: 11:23am On Dec 17, 2013
5 Then the devil took him to the holy city, Jerusalem,
to the highest point of the Temple,
6 and said, “If you are the Son of God, jump off! For
the Scriptures say, ‘ He will order his angels to
protect you. And they will hold you up with their
hands so you won’t even hurt your foot on a
stone. ’”

and Jesus comfirmed this for himself by sayin this

7 Jesus responded, “The Scriptures also say ,
‘You must not test the Lord your God.’”

READ HERE:
www.answering-christianity.com/psalm_91.htm
Re: He Will Order His Angelsto Protect And Guard You by Rilwayne001: 12:07am On Aug 10, 2015
Mahn, what an old thread :-(
Re: He Will Order His Angelsto Protect And Guard You by kevoh(m): 1:59am On Aug 10, 2015
What are you trying to say?
Re: He Will Order His Angelsto Protect And Guard You by tpiander: 3:35am On Aug 10, 2015
op aren't you a Muslim?

btw what's your point?
Re: He Will Order His Angelsto Protect And Guard You by Rilwayne001: 6:19am On Aug 10, 2015
tpiander:
op aren't you a Muslim?

I am.

btw what's your point?

My point is: Perhaps Angels saved jesus from cruxifiction as related in the verses quoted in the link. Man, just browsing my topics last night and I stumble on this. I've really lost a lot during the Nairaland catastrophy.
Re: He Will Order His Angelsto Protect And Guard You by tpiander: 7:57am On Aug 10, 2015
Rilwayne001:

I've really gained a lot during the Nairaland remodelling

your post doesn't correlate with your first one.

and what does the nairaland shutdown have to do with this?
Re: He Will Order His Angelsto Protect And Guard You by Scholar8200(m): 8:15am On Aug 10, 2015
Rilwayne001:

I am.

My point is: Perhaps Angels saved jesus from cruxifiction as related in the verses quoted in the link. Man, just browsing my topics last night and I stumble on this. I've really lost a lot during the Nairaland catastrophy.
Angels did not interfere with God's purpose:

Matthew 26:52-55
Then Jesus said to him, “Put your sword back in its place! For all who take hold of the sword will die by the sword.
53 Or do you think that I cannot call on my Father, and that he would send me more than twelve legions of angels right now?
54 [size=14pt]How then would the scriptures that say it must happen this way be fulfilled?[/size]”
55 At that moment Jesus said to the crowd, “Have you come out with swords and clubs to arrest me like you would an outlaw? Day after day I sat teaching in the temple courts, yet you did not arrest me.

Meaning if angels were called in to save Jesus at that time, prophesies in Scripture would go unfulfilled;
Luke 18:31-34
31 Then Jesus took the twelve aside and said to them, “Look, we are going up to Jerusalem, and everything that is written about the Son of Man by the prophets will be accomplished.
32 For he will be handed over to the Gentiles; he will be mocked, mistreated, and spat on.
33 They will flog him severely and kill him. Yet on the third day he will rise again.”

34 But the twelve understood none of these things. This saying was hidden from them, and they did not grasp what Jesus meant.
Re: He Will Order His Angelsto Protect And Guard You by Rilwayne001: 8:24am On Aug 10, 2015
tpiander:

your post doesn't correlate with your first one.

and what does the nairaland shutdown have to do with this?

What I'm trying to say in essence is that, most of my threads back then got wiped away.
Re: He Will Order His Angelsto Protect And Guard You by Rilwayne001: 8:25am On Aug 10, 2015
Scholar8200:
Angels did not interfere with God's purpose:

Matthew 26:52-55
Then Jesus said to him, “Put your sword back in its place! For all who take hold of the sword will die by the sword.
53 Or do you think that I cannot call on my Father, and that he would send me more than twelve legions of angels right now?
54 [size=14pt]How then would the scriptures that say it must happen this way be fulfilled?[/size]”
55 At that moment Jesus said to the crowd, “Have you come out with swords and clubs to arrest me like you would an outlaw? Day after day I sat teaching in the temple courts, yet you did not arrest me.

Meaning if angels were called in to save Jesus at that time, prophesies in Scripture would go unfulfilled;
Luke 18:31-34
31 Then Jesus took the twelve aside and said to them, “Look, we are going up to Jerusalem, and everything that is written about the Son of Man by the prophets will be accomplished.
32 For he will be handed over to the Gentiles; he will be mocked, mistreated, and spat on.
33 They will flog him severely and kill him. Yet on the third day he will rise again.”

34 But the twelve understood none of these things. This saying was hidden from them, and they did not grasp what Jesus meant.

Okay.

(1) (Reply)

Is SIN And TEMPTATION The Same? / 'the Blasphemy challenge' Tempts teens To Curse God / The Mods Here Shud Be Trained Or Removed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.