Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,687 members, 7,809,598 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:49 AM

God Order His Followers To Make Their Bread With Excrement - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Order His Followers To Make Their Bread With Excrement (1217 Views)

Why Would God Order The Destruction Of Men And Women? / He Will Order His Angelsto Protect And Guard You / "Why Did God Order The Killing Of An Entire People Group? That's Genocide." (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

God Order His Followers To Make Their Bread With Excrement by Horus(m): 1:23pm On May 26, 2009
[size=17pt]God order His followers to make their bread with excrement[/size]

God preferred they bake it with human feces, but when they complained, He allowed them to substitute cow patties.

Ezekiel 4:12

12 Eat the food as you would a barley cake; bake it in the sight of the people, using human excrement for fuel."

Ezekiel 4:15

15 "Very well," he said, "I will let you bake your bread over cow manure instead of human excrement."
Re: God Order His Followers To Make Their Bread With Excrement by huxley2(m): 1:32pm On May 26, 2009
How about these:

"But Rabshakeh said unto them, Hath my master sent me to thy master, and to thee, to speak these words? hath he not sent me to the men which sit on the wall, that they may eat their own dung, and drink their own piss with you?" (II Kings 18:27)
Re: God Order His Followers To Make Their Bread With Excrement by Horus(m): 4:54pm On May 26, 2009
huxley2:

How about these:

"But Rabshakeh said unto them, Hath my master sent me to thy master, and to thee, to speak these words? hath he not sent me to the men which sit on the wall, that they may eat their own dung, and drink their own piss with you?" (II Kings 18:27)

The amazing thing is that to this very day, people flock to churches and admire the God who asked his followers to make their bread with excrement.
Re: God Order His Followers To Make Their Bread With Excrement by Bastage: 8:22pm On May 26, 2009
The amazing thing is how someone takes a Bible passage and twists it's meaning.

Ezekiel4 is about preparing for a siege of Jerusalem.
Cooking with human excrement would be the only way of cooking during a siege as the beseiging army would not let provisions in. Animals would die and their use as a supply of fuel would dry up.
Likewise, the beseiging army would have to commit itself to the same method of fuel if it's supply lines weren't strong.

People have been using dung as a fuel since time immemorial - both animal and human. The dung does not touch the food but is used to fuel the fire that cooks it. There is nothing unusual about it at all.

To suggest otherwise is ridiculous.

II Kings 18:27 is also about a seige of Jerusalem. During those seiges people would starve and literally the only thing they would have to eat and drink would be thier own excrement and urine.

A seige is not just a case of attacking a city. It is a case of literally starving it to surrender.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege
Re: God Order His Followers To Make Their Bread With Excrement by Horus(m): 9:34pm On May 26, 2009
Bastage:

Ezekiel4 is about preparing for a siege of Jerusalem.
Cooking with human excrement would be the only way of cooking during a siege as the beseiging army would not let provisions in.

II Kings 18:27 is also about a seige of Jerusalem. During those seiges people would starve and literally the only thing they would have to eat and drink would be thier own excrement and urine.

No nothing was twisted at all. If cooking with human excrement would be the only way of cooking during a siege as the beseiging army would not let provisions in, your "god" should have provided food for them by performing a miracle instead of ordering them to eat human excrement and drink their own urine. This is not a way to show love to his followers and by doing this your "god" is showing his limits, he is not omnipotent.
Re: God Order His Followers To Make Their Bread With Excrement by toneyb: 10:52pm On May 26, 2009
Horus:

No nothing was twisted at all. If cooking with human excrement would be the only way of cooking during a siege as the beseiging army would not let provisions in, your "god" should have provided food for them by performing a miracle instead of ordering them to eat human excrement and drink their own urine. This is not a way to show love to his followers and by doing this your "god" is showing his limits, he is not omnipotent.

The bible is full of all these so so tales  grin grin. I thought the bible God provided "Manna" from heaven to his chosen men when they were in the wilderness? divided the sea for them to cross and what not. Why didn't he provided another manna for his chosen men instead of telling them to eat each others excrement( faeces) to survive a siege . I would have expected an all mighty god that "can do all things" to provide manna from heaven to his chosen men instead of telling them to eat one another's faeces. By the way why did he allow his chosen men to be under siege? I thought he was a very powerful warrior god who kills millions of people on behalf of his chosen men? was his mighty sword of slaughter blunt or what?  grin grin. I love me some bible lalala tales grin grin
Re: God Order His Followers To Make Their Bread With Excrement by Horus(m): 6:39pm On May 27, 2009
toneyb:

The bible is full of all these so so tales grin grin. I thought the bible God provided "Manna" from heaven to his chosen men when they were in the wilderness? divided the sea for them to cross and what not. Why didn't he provided another manna for his chosen men instead of telling them to eat each others excrement( faeces) to survive a siege . I would have expected an all mighty god that "can do all things" to provide manna from heaven to his chosen men instead of telling them to eat one another's faeces. By the way why did he allow his chosen men to be under siege? I thought he was a very powerful warrior god who kills millions of people on behalf of his chosen men? was his mighty sword of slaughter blunt or what? grin grin. I love me some bible lalala tales grin grin

In this case the "Mana" provided for them was coming from the "Anus", not from the heaven.
Re: God Order His Followers To Make Their Bread With Excrement by Bastage: 7:54pm On May 27, 2009
Horus:

Firstly, idiot, that is not my god.
Secondly, your argument that a god would have provided miracles for a people who were under seige because they had turned away from him is illogical.
Thirdly, he ordered nobody to eat or drink their own excrement or urine. The fact that you emboldened that just shows what a fool you are. Cooking with it as a fuel is totally different to ingesting it. Or do you eat electricity when you cook your food at home?

I am not an apologist for the god of the Old Testament. But I do read the history of the book and don't argue from a position of ignorance as you do. Come back and debate me when you know what you are talking about.
Re: God Order His Followers To Make Their Bread With Excrement by Horus(m): 9:23pm On May 27, 2009
Bastage:

Firstly, idiot, that is not my god.

Are you running away from your god and your religion now?. Or is it because of the smell of the human excrement mentioned in your Bible?. The use of the word idiot, show your level of "intellect" and lack of creativity; Try to make a little effort, I know you can.

Secondly, your argument that a god would have provided miracles for a people who were under seige because they had turned away from him is illogical

Why it is illogical?,can you be more accurate in your half-answer?

Thirdly, he ordered nobody to eat or drink their own excrement or urine. The fact that you emboldened that just shows what a fool you are.

This contradict what you said, and I quote for everybody to see (Below)
Posted on: Yesterday at 08:22:07 PM
II Kings 18:27 is also about a seige of Jerusalem. During those seiges people would starve and literally the only thing they would have to eat and drink would be their own excrement and urine.
So have a look at your previous post PLEASE, where you said that during those seiges people would starve and literally the only thing they would have to eat and drink would be their own excrement and urine.

1 Like

Re: God Order His Followers To Make Their Bread With Excrement by Bastage: 12:25pm On May 28, 2009
Horus:

Are you running away from your god and your religion now?. Or is it because of the smell of the human excrement mentioned in your Bible?.

I've already made it clear that I have never followed the OT god nor look upon the OT as a holy book.
If you're too much of an idiot to understand that, maybe you should be playing on www.disney.com instead of posting here.

The use of the word idiot, show your level of "intellect" and lack of creativity; Try to make a little effort, I know you can.

Maybe "asshole" would be a better word? My level of intellect and my creativity dwarves yours. I don't have to lie to get a point across.

Why it is illogical?,can you be more accurate in your half-answer?

Are you really that much of a buffoon you need it spelling out? Gods through the ages do not generally help those who are opposed to them. Israel was beseiged by it's enemies as it was opposed to it's god. Learn a bit of history before asking stupid questions.

This contradict what you said, and I quote for everybody to see (Below)[/b]So have a look at your previous post [b]PLEASE, where you said that during those seiges people would starve and literally the only thing they would have to eat and drink would be their own excrement and urine.

It doesn't contradict what I've said at all. God did not command anyone to eat excrement. People ate excrement during seiges because it was the only source of nutrition available. It's a historic fact. It has nothing to do with god - Christian, Buddhist, Muslim, Hindu, Jewish, whatever the religion, when times got hard that is what they did. There are still cases of people being stranded in deserts today and being forced to drink their own urine - does that mean that they are commanded to do so by god?
Get real. Your argument is pathetic.
Re: God Order His Followers To Make Their Bread With Excrement by Horus(m): 4:52pm On May 28, 2009
Maybe "asshole" would be a better word? My level of intellect and my creativity dwarves yours. I don't have to lie to get a point across.

Here you are not lying, you are just expecting a meal made of your human excrement coming out of your "asshole". Have a good meal!!

Are you really that much of a buffoon you need it spelling out? Gods through the ages do not generally help those who are opposed to them. Israel was beseiged by it's enemies as it was opposed to it's god. Learn a bit of history before asking stupid questions.

Here again, the buffon is You, it is only now that you are trying to give an explanation. the previous time you just said that my answer was illogical without explaining why, so it was really a HALF-answer from you.

It doesn't contradict what I've said at all. God did not command anyone to eat excrement. People ate excrement during seiges because it was the only source of nutrition available. It's a historic fact. It has nothing to do with god - Christian, Buddhist, Muslim, Hindu, Jewish, whatever the religion, when times got hard that is what they did. There are still cases of people being stranded in deserts today and being forced to drink their own urine - does that mean that they are commanded to do so by god?
Get real. Your argument is pathetic.

This contradict  what your bible said (qouted bellow)

Are you under seige?, this can explain your craving from anything coming out of assholles.
Re: God Order His Followers To Make Their Bread With Excrement by Bastage: 10:44pm On May 29, 2009
It would be nice if your post actually made some sense instead of reading as gibberish.

You don't seem to understand that it is not my Bible, even though I've told you repeatedly that I don't believe in the Old Testament god.

You also don't seem to understand the difference between cooking with dung and actually eating it.

The Kings passage has absolutely nothing to do with the god forcing people to eat excrement.
You obviously don't understand it as you're using it as an example. Try looking at it in plain English. Even a buffoon like you may notice that it refers to people being under seige and that it's nothing to do with an order from the god.

English Standard Version

27But the Rabshakeh said to them, "Has my master sent me to speak these words to your master and to you, and not to the men sitting on the wall, who are doomed with you to eat their own dung and to drink their own urine?"

If you actually bothered doing any research before spouting idiocy you would have read Kings26 and seen that the masters he is referring to isn't the god but Hezekiah and the King of Syria.

26 Then said Eliakim the son of Hilkiah, and Shebna, and Joah, unto Rabshakeh, Speak, I pray thee, to thy servants in the Syrian language; for we understand it: and talk not with us in the Jews' language in the ears of the people that are on the wall.

Read am.

Kings 13 and 17 even tells you it's a seige:

13 Now in the fourteenth year of king Hezekiah did Sennacherib king of Assyria come up against all the fenced cities of Judah, and took them.

17 And the king of Assyria sent Tartan and Rabsaris and Rabshakeh from Lachish to king Hezekiah with a great host against Jerusalem. And they went up and came to Jerusalem. And when they were come up, they came and stood by the conduit of the upper pool, which is in the highway of the fuller's field.

Are you under seige?, this can explain your craving from anything coming out of assholles.

As illustrated by the shit coming out of your mouth, the only asshole around here is you.

(1) (Reply)

God Wants Me To Marry A Prositute But I Asked For A Virgin / The Debate For And Against Religion. Who Won? / Rhapsody Of Reality My Daily Devotion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.