Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,751 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:21 AM

The 300 Series: Dante's Wedding I - Literature/Writing Ads - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Literature/Writing Ads / The 300 Series: Dante's Wedding I (621 Views)

Make $1500 Monthly Writing 300 Words Articles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The 300 Series: Dante's Wedding I by donshegzy: 11:49am On Dec 17, 2013
Ladies and Gentlemen, thanks for visiting here again at my request, as part of my “not-more-than-400-words” challenge named THE 300 SERIES, I’ve decided to write a series (which I guess you’ll enjoy). I’ll be publishing two episodes each week, Mondays and Fridays. Please feel free to correct me in the comment section, thank you.

Dante’s Wedding I

Dante had checked three items already on his list which included finishing from the University with a good grade, Serving in a good industry/firm, Getting a good job and it remained the last on the list, Getting married and he was so happy at the thought of this, he had found the special one and his wedding in 2weeks, he couldn’t wait any longer to have her in his arms all day, every day. He only wished she felt the same way towards him as he did towards her. It was a burning love, he remembered when he met Aisha during the NYSC orientation camp, she had struck him as a very responsible girl on the surface and he was drawn into her beauty, he had to know more about the damsel. He steadily investigated her, choosing to use the word investigate in place of stalk because he couldn’t bear what she would think of him. He joined the drama group where she was just to get enough time with her, and luckily, they were paired in a role for the final drama night performance, he was so joyous at the thought of practicing with the Aisha that had been the reason for his sleepless insomniac nights, they hit things up later after the performance as he wasn’t bad looking either, exchanging contacts with a promise to call and check in on her, their love or rather his unprofessed love continued up until the point of Primary Place of Assignment posting, he was lucky, her PPA wasn’t far from his, it was a secondary school that was just 30minutes away from his PPA which was at the ministry, he was getting lucky. They met a few couple of times over drinks and invitations before he finally let the cat out. Aisha in her normal calmness pleaded to be given some time to think things through, she just got out of a rather fatal relationship some months back and wasn’t ready to put herself out there again, at least, not yet. Dante, although disappointed took it as a good sign and continued pursuing her love promising to make her his for marriage at any cost.
Two weeks passed and she finally replied him in a late night text message
“Dante, I have considered your proposal and thought at length about it, you’re the sweetest gentleman I’ve met, I like you But…” To be continued on Friday…
Re: The 300 Series: Dante's Wedding I by donshegzy: 7:49pm On Dec 20, 2013
Dante’s Wedding II

“Dante, I have considered your proposal and thought at length about it, you’re the sweetest gentleman I’ve met, I like you But …”

his heart leaped and literally skipped a beat at this stage, he prayed for the grace to read the massage through before he fainted, he thought of what it’ll be like if she turned him down, unspeakable things he would do to himself if she did, he scrolled down with all the courage and read the last part of the message
“if you have to promise to treat me like the queen I am, then, I agree to your proposal.”

In extreme joy, Dante tossed his phone without care and burst into dance steps, no music but his heart played the harps and the butterflies made him float like a bubble in swift movements. That had to be the best sleep he’s had since setting his eyes on Aisha 5months ago. It was worth it, he said as he cuddled up with his pillow and slept sound.
They were another five months into the relationship and all was right with them and the world, the end of NYSC was in view and unknown to Aisha, he had started making plans for the introduction to his family, he had made sure to inform his siblings about her existence in his life and promised to show her up the coming December during the family get together. Two weeks after their Passing Out Parade [POP], Aisha let the bombshell out, she had waited this long to inform him of her travel plans to further her education at the Newcastle University, that night was the longest of his entire life, he thought and thought, rolled from side to side with no sleeping position proving to be the best. He had considered what long distance relationships could cause, what if she finds someone else, all these kept him up at night. He cried inside and wanted it all to be a dream. They continued the love game notwithstanding but 2months abroad informed Aisha’s decision to break things off. Dante died a little inside when he got the mail, cried his heart and eyes out, where was he to start from? Aisha wasn’t picking up calls to offer explanation that’ll give him closure, he felt his head spinning, dizzy, he fainted. To be continued…
Re: The 300 Series: Dante's Wedding I by donshegzy: 8:26pm On Dec 23, 2013
Dante’s Wedding III

He was lucky enough to have the little girl whom he had sent to help get recharge card in a bid to call Aisha come in just the moment he dropped to the floor, she had screamed for help and his co-tenants had revived him, sprinkling water on him and everybody playing a part or the other to facilitate his recovery. He was taken to the nearest clinic where he was treated to ensure proper health and was put on bed rest under the watch of an auxiliary nurse who checked up on him periodically till it was morning and his Blood Pressure was considerably normal. He was checked out by a female Doctor, she had made sure to get his personal details so as to check up on him in her spare time. She had been with him just 5minutes and he already felt emotionally relieved.

6months after his encounter with the Doctor, Faridah by name, they struck up a threaded love story, they were both woven that he wondered how he got over Aisha so fast to accommodate her love, she was a sweet and caring soul, gentle and loving too. Dante in the saying “once beaten twice shy” didn’t put all his eggs in her basket although he wasn’t cheating, but he had enough room to cater for any emotional lapses in case she decided to dump him at a later date. In another 5months, Faridah was introduced to his family and he to hers. It was a love from the firmaments, their friends envied the way they both understood and complimented each other. Introduction date was set and it had gone so well he wouldn’t have wished to change any aspect no matter how tiny it was and the elaborate wedding date was picked, they both couldn’t wait to formally legalize what was between them, Dante had at one point started picking out names of his children, deciding he wasn’t having more than 3, two boys and a girl, maybe. Three weeks after the introduction and some months before the proper wedding, he received a call from an unregistered number, turned out it was Aisha and she was back in the country, she wanted to meet up, the date and venue was fixed as he was clearly still surprised that she remembered him still, his first love Aisha had just called. to be continued…

I'll Be Releasing The End Part To Dante's Wedding Series On Dec. 25th As My Little Christmas Gift To You All. God Bless And Spare Our Lives. Merry Christmas In Advance. I Love You All.
Re: The 300 Series: Dante's Wedding I by donshegzy: 5:41pm On Dec 26, 2013
Hi Everybody, thanks for following and
encouraging me on this series, I truly love you all.
Here’s my little christmas gift to y’all.

Dante’s Wedding IV

He had met Aisha on the day they both fixed and it
was love at first sight all over again, he didn’t
believe such river of love for Aisha was still there,
he had figured it all dried up. He couldn’t harbor
the thought of cheating on Faridah but certainly
Aisha was worth every minute of justifiable
cheating.They parted with a seemingly long hug,
it appeared she still had something for him and so
does he. Dante’s drive home was in total
confusion, he was jerked constantly into reality by
the cussing and cursing drivers on the road, it was
Lagos afterall, he was uncharacteristically glad
and pleased they constantly reminded him to focus
on the road. He was too into Faridah to back
down, he wasn’t going to be the bad one here, he
would see it through with her and make her the
mother of his kids. She hadn’t deserted him and
selfishly pursued her life goal like Aisha had done
not minding the effect it had on him. He made up
more excuse in his mind to still the feeling that
was brewing in him for Aisha.
And now it’s two weeks to the wedding, he was
sure glad to be getting married after all he had
gone through emotionally. Dante and Faridah had
both gone shopping when they literally walked
into Aisha, she was stunned as Dante hadn’t
clearly informed her of Faridah and from the look
on Faridah’s face, she was ignorant of Aisha’s
existence too. He managed to get through with
the most awkward introduction he had ever been
in all his life, they were both shocked, re-union of
the ex-lover and the wife-to-be wasn’t exactly
what they both had on their schedule for the day,
unexpectedly, Faridah wasn’t bothered as she had
been introduced as wife-to-be to the other female
whom she hadn’t taken too much interest in to
have registered her name in her head. She had
gone directly from shopping to her makeup artiste
and to get her pre-wedding make over.
Four hours later, Dante was asleep when an
annoying caller kept disturbing his phone, he
reluctantly but in undisguised anger picked up the
call only to be informed its from the hospital
where Faridah had been admitted, fixing her
eyelashes had gone bad, the glue had made its
way into her eyes. He rushed over as fast as he
could, even forgot to fix his zippers as one of the
nurses had pointed out to him, he met the doctor
who greeted him with the sad news, Faridah had
lost one of her eyes, it was just some days to the
wedding.

Merry Christmas People In Arrears.
Re: The 300 Series: Dante's Wedding I by mtzion: 7:32am On Jul 14, 2014
If you are an author or writing a book, then you should be interested in this.

We recently launched an e-book portal where readers can purchase books both in readable form and audio. Readers who purchased the books will be able to download in formats that are compatible with Laptops, PCs, Tablets and Phones. Payments can be via ATM cards for Nigerians and Paypal for those outside Nigeria.

You as an author/writer will have access to sales real-time as they occur with activity report as they occur.

Signing up on our platform expose your books to the outside world at no cost. A biography of yourself and a link to all other books published by you. Readers who have purchased the book will also be able to drop their comments and feedback.

I encourage you to make good use of this opportunity, signing up is free while you may also opt into any of our other premium services.

We deduct an introductory fee of 30% on each sale i.e if your book is not free to cover cost of hosting, administrative expenses and other financial handling charges from the payment gateways.

Please visit http://www.bookateria.net to read our FAQ for authors and get started.

I can be reached via zion.oyemade@bilsmore.com or call 08098000160 for more info.

(1) (Reply)

We Urgently Need 3 People To Write Fresh Contents For Our New Website - / Write And Win. Join Okadabooks Short Story Competition / °

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.