Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,963 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:22 AM

What Soap Do You Use? - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What Soap Do You Use? (58808 Views)

Would You Use Seminal Fluid To Treat Your Pimples? / Benefits Of African Black Soap / What Do You Use When On Your Period? Tampons Or Pads? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Soap Do You Use? by aeu1: 12:11pm On Dec 19, 2013
deols: Antiseptic soaps are not the best. In fact, if you don't have a medical condition nor exposed to germs, you should not use one.

I use dove cream wash because of its moisturising action plus it is found everywhere.

@Segun and majority of educated Nigerians who has fallen to the allure of bathing with medicated soap in recent years, pls if you care for good advise - which I believe is one of the benefits in a public forum like this, kindly stop using it.
Medicated soap is a drug; a prescription drug for that matter. Self medication worldwide is permissible for OTC - over the counter drugs, eg panadol because they don't have side effect unlike prescription drugs.
What medicated soap does is to fight and kill germs and skin infections. The human body has a natural defense system that attack foreign bodies and protect the entire skin effectively, e.g. if boil appears on your skin, puss may develop as a result of an attack of the infection by the white blood cells. In event of the use of medicated soap regularly, the natural immune system of the skin is weakened as the human body now get accustomed to relying on the antiseptic power of the soap & the bacterias, fungus, etc on the skin will over a period of time learn to tolerate to the attack pattern of the soap and this is how drug resistance is developed to drugs by germs. There will be no observationof a problem until in event of a serious skin sickness or infection that requires doctor's attention. The doctor will prescribe drugs or medicated cream or soap - which will be ineffective because of drug resistance on the skin defense system already.
Summary : one is actually doing more medical harm than good by using prescription drugs (medicated soaps inclusive ) as it results in breeding drug resistance to treatment of diseases whenever an occasion that actually requires the deployment of medicated soap arises. It supposed to be used and withdrawn.
Advise: please revert to TOILET SOAP - there are a 1001 choices to pick from and use Medicated soap or powder for treatment purposes - especially when recommended by a physician. The Tv & radio advert of medicated soap is misleading. A good ordinary soap serves it purpose very well.
@OP
Personally I use Harmony Fruit Soap - I so much love the assorted fragrance of different fruits it has.

6 Likes

Re: What Soap Do You Use? by Mickiebrownkie: 12:15pm On Dec 19, 2013
tetmonsol
Re: What Soap Do You Use? by Nobody: 12:19pm On Dec 19, 2013
i use 14DAYS medicated
Re: What Soap Do You Use? by Deiok(m): 12:20pm On Dec 19, 2013
ms_pee: Morning fresh embarassed

Since you use morning fresh, i am using evening fresh. grin
Re: What Soap Do You Use? by chi3280(m): 12:20pm On Dec 19, 2013
Idole or bioclaire soap
Re: What Soap Do You Use? by Nobody: 12:21pm On Dec 19, 2013
oyelude f: jst use jik .simple.we'll b watin here for you to share ur testimony.

guy chillax there!! Is jik a soap?
Re: What Soap Do You Use? by deols(f): 12:21pm On Dec 19, 2013
aeu1:

@Segun and majority of educated Nigerians who has fallen to the allure of bathing with medicated soap in recent years, pls if you care for good advise - which I believe is one of the benefits in a public forum like this, kindly stop using it.
Medicated soap is a drug; a prescription drug for that matter. Self medication worldwide is permissible for OTC - over the counter drugs, eg panadol because they don't have side effect unlike prescription drugs.
What medicated soap does is to fight and kill germs and skin infections. The human body has a natural defense system that attack foreign bodies and protect the entire skin effectively, e.g. if boil appears on your skin, puss may develop as a result of an attack of the infection by the white blood cells. In event of the use of medicated soap regularly, the natural immune system of the skin is weakened as the human body now get accustomed to relying on the antiseptic power of the soap & the bacterias, fungus, etc on the skin will over a period of time learn to tolerate to the attack pattern of the soap and this is how drug resistance is developed to drugs by germs. There will be no observationof a problem until in event of a serious skin sickness or infection that requires doctor's attention. The doctor will prescribe drugs or medicated cream or soap - which will be ineffective because of drug resistance on the skin defense system already.
Summary : one is actually doing more medical harm than good by using prescription drugs (medicated soaps inclusive ) as it results in breeding drug resistance to treatment of diseases whenever an occasion that actually requires the deployment of medicated soap arises. It supposed to be used and withdrawn.
Advise: please revert to TOILET SOAP - there are a 1001 choices to pick from and use Medicated soap or powder for treatment purposes - especially when recommended by a physician. The Tv & radio advert of medicated soap is misleading. A good ordinary soap serves it purpose very well.
@OP
Personally I use Harmony Fruit Soap - I so much love the assorted fragrance of different fruits it has.

You said it all

But the part where you mentioned paracetamol. Too much of it can damage the liver.

3 Likes

Re: What Soap Do You Use? by Kassidy90(m): 12:29pm On Dec 19, 2013
IDOLE, big n cheap...
Re: What Soap Do You Use? by Nobody: 12:31pm On Dec 19, 2013
Seun: Safeguard is the best soap.

See why you are my Love?! wink wink kiss kiss
We r even using the same soap!! Haa! Oluwa oº°˚!
Re: What Soap Do You Use? by kolamilan(m): 12:35pm On Dec 19, 2013
ose dudu i.e black soap.
Re: What Soap Do You Use? by Nobody: 12:36pm On Dec 19, 2013
musiwa's blood
Re: What Soap Do You Use? by brosdoncome(m): 12:38pm On Dec 19, 2013
richie.roxy:
Clear Essence wink

U must be in d league of Jim Nwobodo, Alao Akala and Derenle lipsrsealed
Re: What Soap Do You Use? by drnoel: 12:39pm On Dec 19, 2013
Omo
Re: What Soap Do You Use? by Deiok(m): 12:40pm On Dec 19, 2013
aeu1:

@OP
You are so on point; just last two weeks a medicated soap almost ruin my face.
Re: What Soap Do You Use? by brosdoncome(m): 12:41pm On Dec 19, 2013
Every_LadY: i use ghana black soap with Neutrogena transparent soap all mixed together in a container. U need to see my skin.

Pls I wanna c ur skin embarassed Maybe I would start using it too wink
Re: What Soap Do You Use? by AdeniyiA(m): 12:42pm On Dec 19, 2013
is there nobody using paw paw leaves?
Una dey miss
Re: What Soap Do You Use? by Peterpan1(m): 12:43pm On Dec 19, 2013
Tetmosol citronella cheesy all the way
Re: What Soap Do You Use? by brosdoncome(m): 12:44pm On Dec 19, 2013
ormor_london: Fair and white, cow milk bathn soap

Diz babe don turn Michael jackson finish oh cheesy
Re: What Soap Do You Use? by Oluschenco(m): 12:45pm On Dec 19, 2013
Delta makes my day[color=#006600][/color][quote author=deols]

What a nice advise, i think its high time i look for a good toilet soap.
Re: What Soap Do You Use? by Lilimax(f): 12:45pm On Dec 19, 2013
aeu1:

@OP
Likes.

As for me, I use Lux soap but does not stick to it.
Infact I use any toilet soap available at home smiley.
Re: What Soap Do You Use? by bravolyk(m): 12:47pm On Dec 19, 2013
Okin Soap-apart from bathing it is very universal e dey wash clothe,plate,car,bathroom and toilet.....if I don't take care of me who will?

2 Likes

Re: What Soap Do You Use? by Anniettieufia(m): 12:49pm On Dec 19, 2013
If nna soap ,
Kitchen soap does the magic .

It has everything .
Re: What Soap Do You Use? by Atmosfear: 12:51pm On Dec 19, 2013
grin Key soap and canoe soap
Re: What Soap Do You Use? by Sunbellar: 12:53pm On Dec 19, 2013
I use it too. Safeguard is good!
Re: What Soap Do You Use? by Nobody: 12:56pm On Dec 19, 2013
Been using Imperial leather since wen I was a kid..if I dnt bath wit it, I'll never feel fresh.

Problem is, is not easily available in most shops,the fucking price keeps increasing( hehehe, though still less than 50 bucks), and the size keeps decresing
Re: What Soap Do You Use? by write2obi(m): 12:56pm On Dec 19, 2013
dey don pay you ba?
Re: What Soap Do You Use? by Dhurmynick(m): 1:00pm On Dec 19, 2013
I collect my ose dudu every 7 days. grin

And if i don't have ose dudu. I just use harpic cheesy
Re: What Soap Do You Use? by datmix(m): 1:00pm On Dec 19, 2013
Awe or Canoe grin
Re: What Soap Do You Use? by Dhurmynick(m): 1:04pm On Dec 19, 2013
datmix: Awe or Canoe grin

I once used canoe to bath. See how my cousins were laffin eh. cheesy
Re: What Soap Do You Use? by Nobody: 1:12pm On Dec 19, 2013
Sadusky: I am using Imperial leather . . . And some of friends keep asking me what soap do i use . . . wink
Imperial leather still exists? Nothing comes close to Imperial Leather as far as scent is concerned. It has a very unique and nice scent.

@Topic; For bar/solid soaps, my to go product is Dove beauty bar. For body washes, definitely St Ives. I've been using these two line of products religiously for more than 5 years and they've been doing the job of cleaning and moisturizing my skin. I can't ask for anything more than that.
Re: What Soap Do You Use? by Mulahmanbmr(m): 1:15pm On Dec 19, 2013
Canoe
Re: What Soap Do You Use? by Nobody: 1:17pm On Dec 19, 2013
i use fair and white exfoliating soap grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

6 New Coronavirus Cases In Nigeria. Total of 238 confirmed cases. 35 discharged / Ghanaian Nurse Commits Suicide After She Was Heavily Teased By Her Friends / Why Do Some People Go About Without Bathing After Sex?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.