Stats: 3,150,620 members, 7,809,285 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:17 AM

What To Do About Short Stories...... - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / What To Do About Short Stories...... (2384 Views)

E. Fantasy(short Stories) / My Short Stories / Looking For Authors And Publishers With Short Stories And Books For New Website (2) (3) (4)

Re: What To Do About Short Stories...... by Clemzy16(m): 8:47pm On Dec 22, 2013
@Larry_sun
Chai, I wish I had an english teacher like you.[/b] Bros, You're good, and to think that you're/were not an english student. Don't throw this talent away, I remember telling you to venture into editing (perhaps in a newspaper company) If we have people like You in Noolywood then poor-editing would be a thing of the past. Please don't take my words for granted cause the sky is your starting point. Peace!
Re: What To Do About Short Stories...... by princesa(f): 10:16pm On Dec 22, 2013
Larry-Sun:

No comment. cool
No comment seen cool
Re: What To Do About Short Stories...... by VanTee20(m): 11:12pm On Dec 22, 2013
Clemzy16: @Larry_sun
Chai, I wish I had an english teacher like you. Bros, You're good, and to think that you're/were not an english student. Don't throw this talent away, I remember telling you to venture into editing (perhaps in a newspaper company) If we have people like You in Noolywood then poor-editing would be a thing of the past. Please don't take my words for granted cause the sky is your starting point. Peace!

Now give me 16 reasons why this ridiculously off topic post shouldn't be reported to the Mods as an infringement of the very first of the Admin's 21 commandments. angry tongue cheesy

Back to topic, I think it'll make a whole lot of sense if the poetry sub-section is made to accomodate the short story threads like Mazi suggested, but since Mynd said the option is not available. Well. . . undecided
Re: What To Do About Short Stories...... by LarrySun(m): 2:07am On Dec 23, 2013
Seun: Long stories and serials simply deliver more enjoyment to Nairaland members. Short stories simply need to be much better written to compete.
But I must disagree with you on the bolded. Short stories have less possibility of errors than the long. There're even some short stories that surpass the long in styles and other qualities. Perhaps you've not read any of the OP's short stories. Each one of them is frontpage-worthy.
VanTee20:
Back to topic, I think it'll make a whole lot of sense if the poetry sub-section is made to accomodate the short story threads like Mazi suggested, but since Mynd said the option is not available. Well. . . undecided
Even if the option were available, I wouldn't recommend it. The poetry section itself is still begging for viewers. If short stories are to be placed there, I'm not sure if they'd draw much readers, except if they grace the frontpage. We should recommend more 'good' short stories for the frontpage. Good writings deserve reaching their Canaanpage.

To opine, keeping the short stories flowing on the literature board is to put those stories in a single thread, as Kingzpen has suggested in the previous page. You may not necessarily use 'My Short Stories', you can use some other catchy titles that'd still pass the same message. Rather, you can use the title of the first story on the thread, and optionally, add the phrase '...And Other Stories.

Howdy Van, it's been millennia.
Clemzy16: @Larry_sun
Chai, I wish I had an english teacher like you.[/b] Bros, You're good, and to think that you're/were not an english student. Don't throw this talent away, I remember telling you to venture into editing (perhaps in a newspaper company) If we have people like You in Noolywood then poor-editing would be a thing of the past. Please don't take my words for granted cause the sky is your starting point. Peace!
Thanks bro. I promise, I will consider your advice. But I'm still learning o. My writing is nothing compared to those of the intellectual giants here in Nairaland, kings and queens alike (I know they're smiling now smiley ) I've been fortunate enough to labour with them in the same vineyard of fictitious narratives. You're only noticing noble scrawls because I stand on their concrete shoulders.

Bless you, sir.
Efemena_xy:

Lol!

I'm good. Yeah, it's been a while. Good to see you around! smiley
Ditto dear. More banters and frolicks to come. wink
Re: What To Do About Short Stories...... by Clemzy16(m): 5:41am On Dec 23, 2013
VanTee20:

Now give me 16 reasons why this ridiculously off topic post shouldn't be reported to the Mods as an infringement of the very first of the Admin's 21 commandments. angry tongue cheesy
I'm going to pretend Like I didn't see your comment.
Re: What To Do About Short Stories...... by EfemenaXY: 11:50am On Dec 23, 2013
Larry-Sun:

Bless you, sir.Ditto dear. More banters and frolicks to come. wink

Forget the banters and frolicks. When are you gonna complete what you started? Or better still, start a new series?

That was a brilliant brain-child of yours and you should keep the flag flying, if nothing but at least to encourage other budding / aspiring or even established writers.

Besides, my muse is being tickled here...

Re: What To Do About Short Stories...... by LarrySun(m): 12:20pm On Dec 23, 2013
Efemena_xy:

Forget the banters and frolicks. When are you gonna complete what you started? Or better still, start a new series?

That was a brilliant brain-child of yours and you should keep the flag flying, if nothing but at least to encourage other budding / aspiring or even established writers.

Besides, my muse is being tickled here...
@Bolded 1. I don't know yet. Maybe I'd invite some other new writers to continue the chapters. I'll love to see some new pair of hands display some brilliant wits. But you can create a new collaboration stuff. I definitely would love to work with you again wink . Maybe by creating that thread, this graceful Japanese swan would compassionately take up a weakling cygnet like me into the hollow between his creative wing of narratives. I missed Dygeasy's collabo request, and for that, I've kneed me'self in the groin more times than I can recall. Let's bring back the fun!

@Bolded 2. The feeling is so, so mutual grin .
Re: What To Do About Short Stories...... by EfemenaXY: 12:46pm On Dec 23, 2013
^^ Nah, let's give credit to where it's due.

Your project management skills are much better. Besides, your natural calm disposition makes you a better man for the job. I, on the other hand have got a low boiling point and am prone to biting off people's heads if they don't fall in line. T'is all black 'n white for me, whilst you see the 50 shades of grey tongue

Now I've stroked your fur enough, you can stop purring and start working on another collaboration cheesy cheesy
Re: What To Do About Short Stories...... by princesa(f): 10:36pm On Jan 03, 2014
The literary giants speaking in very elusive English. God help us, the learners embarassed
Re: What To Do About Short Stories...... by OMA4U(m): 1:42am On Jan 04, 2014
princesa: The literary giants speaking in very elusive English. God help us, the learners embarassed
So you could see what I'm seeing with my eyes. May God help us oo, but you are one of them now.

It's been a while. Happy New Year o. I hope this year brings you immeasurable positive changes.
Re: What To Do About Short Stories...... by LarrySun(m): 8:47am On Jan 04, 2014
princesa: The literary giants speaking in very elusive English. God help us, the learners embarassed

THE Game(season1) / Mr Irresistable 18+ / A Poem On YOUTH