Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,150 members, 7,818,467 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:26 PM

Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional Tuesday 17th December 2013 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional Tuesday 17th December 2013 (406 Views)

REACHOUT NIGERIA 2014-with Rhapsody Of Realities / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional, January. 2014 / Read Rhapsody Of Realities Daily (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional Tuesday 17th December 2013 by sunny3kng(m): 1:52pm On Dec 17, 2013
RHAPSODY OF REALITIES
You Can Recover Yourself

Tuesday, December 17th

Pastor Chris

In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will (2 Timothy 2:25-26).

The word "recover" above is the Greek "ananepho," an interesting word. Figuratively, it means to become "sober again," to "recover self" or "regain (one’s) senses." It somewhat describes a situation where one is awakened from a drunken state into soberness: Picture someone who’s been drunk, and generally acting and talking in an indecorous manner. After a while, the effect of the alcohol wears off and he suddenly comes back to his senses, and even apologizes for being drunk and acting in an undignified manner. What happened? The fellow "recovered" himself. A similar ‘recovery’ occurs when one has been drugged to sleep and the effect of the drug finally wanes.

Taking the time and patience to teach such people the Word will help them recover themselves out of the snare of the devil. You can recover yourself from every attack or misfortune the adversary throws at you. You can come out of that trap of your own volition without anyone having to pray for your "deliverance." Whenever Satan tries to ensnare you: just walk out!
"Deliverance" meetings shouldn’t be for Christians, but for sinners, because Christians are deliverers: "And saviours shall come up on mount Zion to judge the mount of Esau; and the kingdom shall be the LORD’S" (Obadiah 1:21). We’re the ones the Spirit of God uses to deliver men and women around the world. If for any reason, a Christian finds himself under demonic oppression, he can come out of the devil’s hold anytime he chooses. He can walk out of sickness, disease, and fear, without having to cry for help. How? You might want to ask.

It’s simple; just act on the Word. Say "Yes" to your new identity in Christ Jesus and call yourself what God calls you. If you’ve been living in fear, just say, "In the Name of Jesus Christ, I reject fear; for the Lord has not given me the spirit of fear, but of love, power, and a sound mind!"

Confession

I live by the Word of God and so I live in safety. I have the Spirit of love, power, and a sound mind! Christ lives in me; He’s my life and my righteousness; He has set me on the path of life, to walk in the way of glory, honour and victory. Glory to God!

f u r t h e r s t u d y:

Colossians 1:13; 2 Corinthians 5:17

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Reading Plan: Revelation 9:1-21, Ezekiel 45-46
2 Year Reading Plan: John 21:13-25, 2 Chronicles 31

(1) (Reply)

The Perfect Mistake / Rhapsody Of Realities Thursday December 19th 2013 / John 17 Verse 21

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.