Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,130 members, 7,821,866 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:29 PM

MTN And "Chopping" Of Data/airtime On Android Devices - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN And "Chopping" Of Data/airtime On Android Devices (744 Views)

In terms Of Data Plan, Which Network Is Your Best In 2015? / Why You Should Always Have Airtime On Your Phone / Mtn Free 1gb Of Data (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MTN And "Chopping" Of Data/airtime On Android Devices by Nobody: 2:19pm On Dec 17, 2013
A lot of MTN users would agree with me on this one. I've been using MTN before androids became as common as they are now, so, naturally, I put my MTN sim into my phone when I got it. My data and airtime started disappearing without a trace(even afterputting off background data) .Later on, I started using airtel as my 2nd sim, and the rate at which my data was going was almost half of MTN's. So, I started wondering why it was that way, why MTN took data faster, and if anything could be done. So, if anyone has any idea, kindly help me out here. Thanks in advance
Re: MTN And "Chopping" Of Data/airtime On Android Devices by Aphrygian(m): 2:53pm On Dec 17, 2013
i noticed dis sametin oooo,moi mtn's 15mb lasts only 3hrs even wif background data off so i tried etisalat.to moi amazement it lasts atleast 3days
Re: MTN And "Chopping" Of Data/airtime On Android Devices by Nobody: 7:04pm On Dec 17, 2013
It's really pissing..... I wonder if anything can be done
Re: MTN And "Chopping" Of Data/airtime On Android Devices by arizon101(m): 8:16pm On Dec 17, 2013
Try using a firewall app to reduce unnecessary data reduction
Re: MTN And "Chopping" Of Data/airtime On Android Devices by Nobody: 4:46pm On Dec 20, 2013
Can you suggest any?
Re: MTN And "Chopping" Of Data/airtime On Android Devices by Nobody: 5:20pm On Dec 20, 2013
Use android firewall

N.B- U must be rooted....
Re: MTN And "Chopping" Of Data/airtime On Android Devices by arizon101(m): 6:20pm On Dec 20, 2013
teebcool: Can you suggest any?
try avast firewall if ur fon is rooted.if not try mobiwol no root firewall(woks lik vpn)

(1) (Reply)

In China, The Iphone 6 Plus Is The Certified People's Choice / Get A Free Phone And Airtime From Here ............... / Where Can I Get Lenovo Yoga Tablet 10.1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.