Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,306 members, 7,811,906 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:04 PM

Boys Are Closer To Their Mothers Than Girls? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Boys Are Closer To Their Mothers Than Girls? (3288 Views)

Why The 19th & 20th Century Mothers Are More Mothers Than 21st Century Mothers / Why Do Individuals Cherish Their Mothers more Than Their Fathers??? / Family: Why Is It That 90 Percent Prefer Their Mothers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boys Are Closer To Their Mothers Than Girls? by Alikaxon(m): 4:25pm On Dec 17, 2013
Honestly, I think boy/mother relationship is more intense than the girl/mother's. Citing myself as example, I know am closer to my mum than my sis. The true fact is, there is always a constant slight quarrel between mother and daughter, this may arise due to many factors; maybe the girl is always trespassing on her mother's dressing and beutifying items like make-ups, jewelries to bangos etc. Trust me, this things normaly cause quarrels between mothers and daughters o, the girls here can attest to it. Even when girls are close to their mothers, but boys are closer. What a girl will beg from her mother, and her mother turns her down. A boy will beg her mother same thing and she'll give it to him.(am talking from experience) There is this opposite chemistry that makes son/mother relationship more intence. Your views are welcomed.
Re: Boys Are Closer To Their Mothers Than Girls? by vickyO(f): 4:33pm On Dec 17, 2013
At the early stages of life, boys are closer to their mums and girls to their dads.
But later in life, lets say in the early twenties, girls become closer to their mum and vice versa.

I'm just speaking from what I've noticed overtime.

I used to prefer my dad when I was younger but now I love them the same but I'm more drawn towards my mum emotionally...

I think this is cause we get to a stage where the challenges we face are more difficult and gender defined. So then we subconsciously draw towards our same gendered parents as we jump through the hurdles of life. Most time because they are the best role models we've got..
Re: Boys Are Closer To Their Mothers Than Girls? by EfemenaXY: 4:36pm On Dec 17, 2013
I'd rather prefer to think of it as something to do with that 'protective instinct'.

Same way girls are closer to their fathers (with the dads being very protective of their daughters), you've got that connection between boys and their mothers. Perhaps, also, those of the same sex tend to be less close due to subconscious competition? I.e: Mothers feeling their daughter vie more for the man's attention while fathers feel their sons like wise compete with them for their wife/mother's attention?

Basic primeval instincts, I guess.
Re: Boys Are Closer To Their Mothers Than Girls? by vickyO(f): 4:41pm On Dec 17, 2013
Efemena_xy: I'd rather prefer to think of it as something to do with that 'protective instinct'.

Same way girls are closer to their fathers (with the dads being very protective of their daughters), you've got that connection between boys and their mothers. Perhaps, also, those of the same sex tend to be less close due to subconscious competition? I.e: Mothers feeling their daughter vie more for the man's attention while fathers feel their sons like wise compete with them for their wife/mother's attention?

Basic primeval instincts, I guess.
Re: Boys Are Closer To Their Mothers Than Girls? by taryour(f): 4:41pm On Dec 17, 2013
Am so going to love this thread.
@efe oya yarn me o,is it true cause I know u got plenri experience.
Re: Boys Are Closer To Their Mothers Than Girls? by Alikaxon(m): 4:42pm On Dec 17, 2013
vickyO: At the early stages of life, boys are closer to their mums and girls to their dads.
But later in life, lets say in the early twenties, girls become closer to their mum and vice versa.

I'm just speaking from what I've noticed overtime.

I used to prefer my dad when I was younger but now I love them the same but I'm more drawn towards my mum emotionally...
Its obvious that u need ur mum most as at now, so u can get advice from her as to how to keep ur man 4 marriage. She'll coach u generally on marriage issues, how to be a woman indeed. No doubt, u need her now.
Re: Boys Are Closer To Their Mothers Than Girls? by vickyO(f): 4:48pm On Dec 17, 2013
Alikaxon: Its obvious that u need ur mum most as at now, so u can get advice from her as to how to keep ur man 4 marriage. She'll coach u generally on marriage issues, how to be a woman indeed. No doubt, u need her now.
Exactly....
Re: Boys Are Closer To Their Mothers Than Girls? by Alikaxon(m): 4:55pm On Dec 17, 2013
vickyO:
Exactly....
like I read and I knew ur mind. Will u marry me?
Re: Boys Are Closer To Their Mothers Than Girls? by bluuu: 5:25pm On Dec 17, 2013
it is true.i think they call it oedopus complex(hope d spelling is correct),the son/mom relationship while the father/daughter is electra complex.
Re: Boys Are Closer To Their Mothers Than Girls? by vickyO(f): 10:11pm On Dec 25, 2013
Alikaxon: like I read and I knew ur mind. Will u marry me?
angry angry angry angry

No, you didn't. You only got the message I was sending.

Marry you??
A rhetorical?
Re: Boys Are Closer To Their Mothers Than Girls? by akintun: 12:38am On Dec 26, 2013
Na lie
Re: Boys Are Closer To Their Mothers Than Girls? by Alikaxon(m): 10:27am On Dec 26, 2013
vickyO:
angry angry angry angry

No, you didn't. You only got the message I was sending.

Marry you??
A rhetorical?

not rhetorical, It's a yes or no thing. U re free to say either.
Re: Boys Are Closer To Their Mothers Than Girls? by vickyO(f): 4:55pm On Dec 26, 2013
Alikaxon: not rhetorical, It's a yes or no thing. U re free to say either.
Re: Boys Are Closer To Their Mothers Than Girls? by officialmsright(f): 1:59am On Dec 27, 2013
True in some cases i'm closer to my papi than my mum dunno why cry

(1) (Reply)

Hoping To Meet A Partner Here / 14 Year Old Girl Impregnated By Her Father Cries Out "govt Pls Take The Child!" / Advise: Should A Couple Have A Joint Bank Account?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.