Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,628 members, 7,813,069 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:18 AM

Why The 19th & 20th Century Mothers Are More Mothers Than 21st Century Mothers - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why The 19th & 20th Century Mothers Are More Mothers Than 21st Century Mothers (1498 Views)

Single Mothers Are Generally Losers, They Raise Criminals & Sluts - Kenyan Lad / Mother Buys Ford Mustang For Her Son For His 21st Birthday (Photos) / Nigerian Couple Share "After-wedding" Photos To Celebrate Their 20th Anniversary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why The 19th & 20th Century Mothers Are More Mothers Than 21st Century Mothers by Living4christ(m): 11:09am On Dec 04, 2015
This topic is for your contribution as why our foremothers are more successful in child training and family management than modern mothers A.k.a 21st century mothers.

21st Century woman

These are examples seen everywhere in the society.

Child training
1. They are rejecting to be mothers: Forever young syndrome - They say something like " I'm not old", "Don't call me ma'am" and they deny their age, all in the effort to remain a young girl, that is why they can not live up to their responsibility and task, and they behave like youth and they refuse to be a mother, no responsibility.

2. They indulge their children - They give them what they want and what they ask without checkmating the effect.

3. This women don't want anybody to correct them or their child, even though it is evident that their children is growing up to become a trouble to the society - They say "you don't tell me how to live my life", "You don't tell me how to raise my kids and it's none of your business", but they are failing! They need someone to tell them that the way they train their kids is the concern of all, because bad training will definitely affect the another man's life the next generation.

Family management.
Corporate wife - Does not know how to cook, does not spend time with family, is not familiar with the children, does not know the child personal affair, does not know her child's friends, don't engage in family planning, always tired.

Feel free to sound your opinion.

Re: Why The 19th & 20th Century Mothers Are More Mothers Than 21st Century Mothers by thorpido(m): 11:52am On Dec 04, 2015
I think they are more mothers than 21st century mothers because they had more children on the average.
The women of this generation no dey born plenty children.Dey no get body.

1 Like

Re: Why The 19th & 20th Century Mothers Are More Mothers Than 21st Century Mothers by SAMBARRY: 11:52am On Dec 04, 2015
Ok
Re: Why The 19th & 20th Century Mothers Are More Mothers Than 21st Century Mothers by Onegai(f): 12:36pm On Dec 04, 2015
Before anyone answers this thread, please. look. at the. OP's profile. HE. IS. AN 18. YEAR OLD.

Feel free to decide whether or not you wish to dignify this with your replies or save your words, time and mb for a more mature person who has at least EARNED A SALARY, PAID RENT ONCE, HAD A MATURE. CONVERSATION WITH A WOMAN OR FATHERED A CHILD OR ADOPTED ONE to debate on something he/she knows about. The year 2000 is a loooonnnnngggģ time ago in this poster's life....

I am trying to stop us from fighting over words thrown carelessly about by people who write all sorts on things they have zero idea about. This trend is causing fatigue amongst smarter posters and keeping them away. The Family Section should not be run by people who have not entered university or had any real responsibility
Thanks.

4 Likes

Re: Why The 19th & 20th Century Mothers Are More Mothers Than 21st Century Mothers by Living4christ(m): 2:54pm On Dec 04, 2015
Onegai:
Before anyone answers this thread, please. look. at the. OP's profile. HE. IS. AN 18. YEAR OLD.

Feel free to decide whether or not you wish to dignify this with your replies or save your words, time and mb for a more mature person who has at least EARNED A SALARY, PAID RENT ONCE, HAD A MATURE. CONVERSATION WITH A WOMAN OR FATHERED A CHILD OR ADOPTED ONE to debate on something he/she knows about. The year 2000 is a loooonnnnngggģ time ago in this poster's life....

I am trying to stop us from fighting over words thrown carelessly about by people who write all sorts on things they have zero idea about. This trend is causing fatigue amongst smarter posters and keeping them away. The Family Section should not be run by people who have not entered university or had any real responsibility
Thanks.

I did not write this thread because i am over wise or I know all, I only wrote to see contributions, not for me alone but for those who might see it and presumably overcome the lapses others have failed to see and avoid, it is good also to noth "understanding is not confined in age or experience, there is a spirit in man and the spirit of God giveth it understanding"

Even an 18 year old boy will ends up getting married, and i am responsible not just a stay at home person, (am not trying to pride myself) i am currently typing from office.

last time i check 18 year is adulthood.

I only want to see contribution for me and also for others.

1 Like

Re: Why The 19th & 20th Century Mothers Are More Mothers Than 21st Century Mothers by 5minsmadness: 3:07pm On Dec 04, 2015
Living4christ:

I did not write this thread because i am over wise or I know all, I only wrote to see contributions, not for me alone but for those who might see it and presumably overcome the lapses others have failed to see and avoid, it is good also to noth "understanding is not confined in age or experience, there is a spirit in man and the spirit of God giveth it understanding"

Even an 18 year old boy will ends up getting married, and i am responsible not just a stay at home person, (am not trying to pride myself) i am currently typing from office.

last time i check 18 year is adulthood.

I only want to see contribution for me and also for others.
Very matured response for an 18yr old.
Re: Why The 19th & 20th Century Mothers Are More Mothers Than 21st Century Mothers by Onegai(f): 3:54pm On Dec 04, 2015
Living4christ:
This topic is for your contribution as why our foremothers are more succesfull in child training and family management than this out\r morden mothers aka 21st century mothers.

21st Century woman

In my own opinion this is why.

Child training

My dear, above are your words. And that is why I called you out. Because you stated your opinion like you had some experience. Which you don't. There is nothing wrong with having an opinion but please keep it to yourself until you have experience to back it up. Now, if you had said "I've seen this phenomon or I read this somewhere, or do you think", that would be you asking for more experienced opinions. Let me break it down:

If I go to the Football section and declare "I believe Giroud should win Ballon D'Or", I will be stating an inexperienced opinion. I may have watched some football but I have zero idea about whom is at the top of the table right now. And everyone will tell me to keep my lack of knowledge to myself.

Honey, please allow me to tell you something I'd tell my child "anyone who encourages you to state your opinions about matters you know nothing about, is encouraging you to be a fool". That's advice given to me as a child myself smiley

Maybe rephrase your words. If you wanna learn, ask, don't talk as if you have noticed it or are speaking from experience.

4 Likes

Re: Why The 19th & 20th Century Mothers Are More Mothers Than 21st Century Mothers by Living4christ(m): 4:18pm On Dec 04, 2015
Onegai:

My dear, above are your words. And that is why I called you out. Because you stated your opinion like you had some experience. Which you don't. There is nothing wrong with having an opinion but please keep it to yourself until you have experience to back it up. Now, if you had said "I've seen this phenomon or I read this somewhere, or do you think", that would be you asking for more experienced opinions. Let me break it down:

If I go to the Football section and declare "I believe Giroud should win Ballon D'Or", I will be stating an inexperienced opinion. I may have watched some football but I have zero idea about whom is at the top of the table right now. And everyone will tell me to keep my lack of knowledge to myself.

Honey, please allow me to tell you something I'd tell my child "anyone who encourages you to state your opinions about matters you know nothing about, is encouraging you to be a fool". That's advice given to me as a child myself smiley

Maybe rephrase your words. If you wanna learn, ask, don't talk as if you have noticed it or are speaking from experience.

Thanks accepted and rephrased. smiley
Re: Why The 19th & 20th Century Mothers Are More Mothers Than 21st Century Mothers by thorpido(m): 5:40pm On Dec 04, 2015
Onegai:

Thanks.
Lol.So true Onegai.
I actually posted because I found his thread funny in an odd way.
He shouldn't be opening threads on marriage or childbearing.He should be in education section.

(1) (Reply)

Don't Ever Leave Your Kids Alone At Home Without A Guidance / Wow! Meet 90 Year Old Woman Who Has 12 Children, 46 Grand Children And More / Should I Ignore Him Or Keep In Touch?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.