Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,375 members, 7,819,365 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:57 PM

Iheanacho Off To Man City - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Iheanacho Off To Man City (516 Views)

AFCON Qualifiers: Mancity Writes About Iheanacho / Kelechi Iheanacho Only Scorer In Man City Penalty Loss Against Liverpool / Kelechi Iheanacho's Move To Manchester City Done!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Iheanacho Off To Man City by solbase10(m): 8:34pm On Dec 17, 2013
--FIFA U-17 World Cup MVP leaves Eagles camp for Manchester

Kelechi Iheanacho has been granted permission to leave the Super Eagles camp in Abuja to enable him finalise a move to English giants Manchester City.

Stephen Keshi released the young midfield maestro to his representatives after his family put in a call to the Super Eagles coach, asking that Iheanacho be permitted to exit camp to make a quick trip to England where he is expected to sign for City.

“Initially a young man came declaring that he was the agent of Iheanacho, but I declined to deal with him until I hear from the family because the boy is still a minor,” Keshi said.

“It was soon after my rejection that I got a call from his father who told me that they have gotten travelling visa to the United Kingdom and that I should oblige him with his son’s release.

“I did and told the young man to go and do the nation proud at whichever club he finally chooses to settle down with.”

Keshi went on to acknowledge the great potentials if the youngster, and warned against piling too much pressure on the FIFA U-17 World Cup's Most Valuable Player. The former coach of Mali and Togo advised Iheanacho's representatives to handle the career of the youngster gently and professionally

Source: http://www.completesportsnigeria.com/news/2013/12/iheanacho-off-to-man-city

Re: Iheanacho Off To Man City by shakaz(m): 8:53pm On Dec 17, 2013
that z a good news.
Re: Iheanacho Off To Man City by tobpel2: 9:29pm On Dec 17, 2013
Lobatan

Man City to send Iheanacho to Ghana

But technocrats like Victor Ikpeba repeatedly
fumed against Iheanacho moving to ManCity as
offers came from Porto in Portugal. Ikpeba said
that the young player was being misled, arguing
that he had a better chance of playing first team
football in Portugal and developing in the
Portuguese league than moving to England where
it may take him a long time to find his feet.
Iheanacho’s family and agents did not heed
Ikpeba’s advice. But with the latest development
Ikpeba appears vindicated.
ManCity plan to enroll Iheanacho into their
academy in Ghana where he will wait until he
earns enough caps to qualify for a work permit.

(1) (Reply)

Nnamdi Oduamadi Led Foreign Based Players Held To A 3-3 Draw By Flying Sport Aca / We Desperately Need A Player To Replace Mikel Obi / Why Is It Dat Africans Don't Like Themselves

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.