Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,576 members, 7,816,422 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:01 AM

Kelechi Iheanacho's Move To Manchester City Done!! - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Kelechi Iheanacho's Move To Manchester City Done!! (31183 Views)

Kanu Nwankwo Visits Kelechi Iheanacho In Manchester / Kelechi Iheanacho Makes ESPN Player Power Ranking. / Kelechi Iheanacho Ranked 9th Most Exciting Teen In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kelechi Iheanacho's Move To Manchester City Done!! by sureteeboy(m): 6:18pm On Jan 07, 2014
Manchester City have wrapped up a deal for highly-rated Nigerian teenager Kelechi Iheanacho and are applying for a work permit. City's incredible Nigerian wonderkid deal done The 17-year-old forward was the standout performer at the Fifa Under-17 World Cup in November, landing the Golden Ball with six goals as his Nigeria side stormed to the title.

His performances led to an unseemly scramble between clubs, agents and even family members with claims that he had been kidnapped emerging at one stage, but it appears to have finally been resolved with City winning the race for his signature. A £250,000 transfer fee had been agreed, with a further £300,000 for the Taye Academy in Owerri, Nigeria where he was educated and £350,000 to Iheanacho's father, James.

The player is currently in Barcelona awaiting his UK work permit hearing after an incredible operation involving Spanish agents and contacts in Africa to get him out of the country where he was born.

Read more at: http://www.clubcall.com/manchester-city/citys-incredible-nigerian-wonderkid-deal-done-1692083.html

6 Likes

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho's Move To Manchester City Done!! by striker9(m): 7:52pm On Jan 07, 2014
God knows best,I think he didn't like the idea of going to ghana,I mean who will?I know he doesn't want to be a bench warmer in city,to be a bench warmer in Porto would be worse.

2 Likes

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho's Move To Manchester City Done!! by safarigirl(f): 8:01pm On Jan 07, 2014
LMAO...shebi dem been wan send am go Ghana, as dem see say better thing dey go na im dem change mouth, awon oloshi, ghana ni, togo ko...

Disclaimer: This comment does not in any way seek to undermine Ghanaians or their impact on African football, I still hold you in high esteem...Safarigirl

10 Likes

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho's Move To Manchester City Done!! by GHKWAME1: 8:37pm On Jan 07, 2014
safarigirl: LMAO...shebi dem been wan send am go Ghana, as dem see say better thing dey go na im dem change mouth, awon oloshi, ghana ni, togo ko...

Disclaimer: This comment does not in any way seek to undermine Ghanaians or their impact on African football, I still hold you in high esteem ...Safarigirl
Did you know; The French equivalent of ‘LOL’ is ‘MDR’ or“mort de rire” which actually means “dying with laughter.

1 Like

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho's Move To Manchester City Done!! by safarigirl(f): 9:29pm On Jan 07, 2014
GH^KWAME:

Did you know; The French equivalent of ‘LOL’ is ‘MDR’ or“mort de rire” which actually means “dying with laughter.

okay

1 Like

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho's Move To Manchester City Done!! by Jakeattah(m): 9:48pm On Jan 07, 2014
D guy don miss road
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho's Move To Manchester City Done!! by Jakeattah(m): 9:49pm On Jan 07, 2014
D guy don miss road.... But I still wish him the best sha

1 Like

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho's Move To Manchester City Done!! by thegoodjoehunt(m): 2:34am On Jan 08, 2014
Good news. Kelechi Iheanacho is now a Citizen. Well I hope we can put this behind us. I hope Pellegrini treats him as one of the senior player and let's him be nurtured fast into the main team.

1 Like

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho's Move To Manchester City Done!! by thegoodjoehunt(m): 2:42am On Jan 08, 2014
Man City might be a good place for Kelechi. Our Barcelona duo are at it again.

City backroom duo Ferran Soriano and Txiki Begiristain have used their contacts in Barcelona to take him to Spain for training before he comes to England to start work with Manuel Pellegrini's men.

1 Like

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho's Move To Manchester City Done!! by captainnigeria(m): 3:38am On Jan 08, 2014
thegoodjoehunt: Good news. Kelechi Iheanacho is now a Citizen. Well I hope we can put this behind us. I hope Pellegrini treats him as one of the senior player and let's him be nurtured fast into the main team.
lol get a load of this guy.ihenacho will go on loan just like every other young player.lol senior player
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho's Move To Manchester City Done!! by kobikwelu(m): 4:02am On Jan 08, 2014
very soon, you will hear he is playing at Malta..

sure banker..he will be traded immediately to one minnow club for development and lets hope he is truly his age
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho's Move To Manchester City Done!! by ROCKJ1(m): 6:08am On Jan 08, 2014
The stories behind this boy is getting too much... i dont even know which one to believe.

3 Likes

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho's Move To Manchester City Done!! by thegoodjoehunt(m): 8:30am On Jan 08, 2014
captainnigeria: lol get a load of this guy.ihenacho will go on loan just like every other young player.lol senior player
During the Kelechi Iheanacho's Man City/Porto Saga, I said that we should hope Pellegrini is interested in Iheanacho. From reports coming in, Pellegrini is interested and wants Nwakali too.

It would be too interesting if Pellegrini is interested. Remember how he developed Isco at Malaga.

1 Like

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho's Move To Manchester City Done!! by Capnd143(m): 10:21am On Jan 08, 2014
Good for the young nigerian, bt i will never be satisfied untill the day enyimba buys messi, kano pillars buys Ronaldo and nembe city bags torres

9 Likes

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho's Move To Manchester City Done!! by sureteeboy(m): 1:26pm On Jan 08, 2014
I just pray he makes the first team quickly.

1 Like

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho's Move To Manchester City Done!! by slimthugchimee(m): 5:27pm On Jan 08, 2014
The begining of the end of a sweet boy

1 Like

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho's Move To Manchester City Done!! by Buyeradvertcom: 5:41pm On Jan 08, 2014
U

1 Like

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho's Move To Manchester City Done!! by mosho2good: 7:16pm On Jan 08, 2014
dat good 4 him and i hope 1day barcelona will also come and sign me.

2 Likes

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho's Move To Manchester City Done!! by alotofgrace(m): 7:18pm On Jan 08, 2014
good....future is ripe
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho's Move To Manchester City Done!! by Bright4(m): 7:18pm On Jan 08, 2014
Good luck boi...

2 Likes

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho's Move To Manchester City Done!! by sammyyoung2(m): 7:20pm On Jan 08, 2014
wetin Konshine me
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho's Move To Manchester City Done!! by Bvesan(m): 7:20pm On Jan 08, 2014
thegoodjoehunt: Disco at Malaya.
.Man city are working on a long term youth policy, it is a good move for the lad. You mean Isco at Malaga?

1 Like

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho's Move To Manchester City Done!! by Celepope: 7:21pm On Jan 08, 2014
This boy matter don tire me...o.If you won go any club abeg go and stop disturbing people.Anyways i am happy for him.For those who will want to start coming here to say why did'nt he go to FC Porto should forget it.FC Porto is not a pushover club.Who will succeed will surely succeed.A star can never be hidden no matter where he finds itself.I remember how Utaka found himself in Qatar and the next season he was playing big in the French league with Lens

4 Likes

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho's Move To Manchester City Done!! by Dramadiddy(m): 7:21pm On Jan 08, 2014
space booked cool
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho's Move To Manchester City Done!! by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jan 08, 2014
Kelechi is undisbutably the best midfielder in Africa and would easily walk into the 1st team of any top team in europe. Yaya Toure and David Silva will be sh!tting in their pants if this Kelechi transfer to Mancity finally pulls through.

3 Likes

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho's Move To Manchester City Done!! by DMainMan: 7:23pm On Jan 08, 2014
safarigirl: LMAO...shebi dem been wan send am go Ghana, as dem see say better thing dey go na im dem change mouth, awon oloshi, ghana ni, togo ko...

Disclaimer: This comment does not in any way seek to undermine Ghanaians or their impact on African football, I still hold you in high esteem...Safarigirl

Wot r u doin here
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho's Move To Manchester City Done!! by timilehin007(m): 7:23pm On Jan 08, 2014
GH^KWAME:

I swear u are too childish..smh
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho's Move To Manchester City Done!! by aventura: 7:23pm On Jan 08, 2014
RIP to the nigga
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho's Move To Manchester City Done!! by fyneguy: 7:26pm On Jan 08, 2014
GH^KWAME:

the bolded in yoruba sounds like Mo de rire = i am successful

1 Like

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho's Move To Manchester City Done!! by grandstar(m): 7:28pm On Jan 08, 2014
Congrats for him! Hope he'll use the money he earns throughout his career sensibly. Its shocking to learn that 70% of ex-footballers face financial problems after retirement (SMH)

1 Like

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho's Move To Manchester City Done!! by adeoladrg(m): 7:31pm On Jan 08, 2014
Silly move
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho's Move To Manchester City Done!! by Nobody: 7:31pm On Jan 08, 2014
even tho i dont like the choice. I wish him all d best

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kenneth Omeruo Shows Off His Family In New Pictures / Photos From Asisat Oshoala's Vacation In Turkey / Ronaldo Reacts To Leaving Man Utd: I Love The Fans & Wish The Club All The Best

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.