Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,969 members, 7,817,842 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:01 PM

Mercy Akide-udoh (former Super Falcon Player) Inducted Into USL Hall Of Fame-pic - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mercy Akide-udoh (former Super Falcon Player) Inducted Into USL Hall Of Fame-pic (999 Views)

Mercy Akide-udoh Shows Off Swimwear Body / Ex-super Falcon Star, Chichi Igbo Shows Off Her Underpants And Abs (Photo) / What A Shame From Our Own Mercy Akide At The Fifa Gala Awards Nite (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mercy Akide-udoh (former Super Falcon Player) Inducted Into USL Hall Of Fame-pic by ffo(m): 6:29am On Dec 18, 2013
Former Nigeria international Mercy Akide-Udoh was last weekend formally inducted into the USL Hall of Fame in Florida, USA.

Akide-Udoh, who began and ended her American football career with the Hampton Roads Piranhas, was the only player, male or female, inducted into the 2013 Hall of Fame class.

She won league MVP honours in 2003 as she led the Piranhas to the National Championship, scoring the winning goal in overtime of the title game.

USL President Tim Holt was full of praise for the former Super Falcons star.

“Mercy Akide has been one of the most important and impactful players in the history of the W-League,” said Holt.

“Beyond consistently performing at an all-league level throughout her career in the league, she has served as a source of inspiration for countless young female soccer players throughout the world.

"She has accomplished all of this while remaining humble and continues to serve as one of the sport’s great ambassadors.

"Her induction into the USL Hall of Fame is a well-deserved honour for a great player and person.”

Akide-Udoh said she was overwhelmed by the honour.

"I don't know what to say. I have won many awards before but this will have a special place in my heart," she said in her acceptance speech.

"I would like to thank Marcie Laumann and the Piranhas for giving me the opportunity when I first came here.

"I hope that I can help other young girls have the same opportunity I was given by giving them a chance to also get a good education while playing soccer.

"This is dedicated to my family and all those young girls who believe in themselves that they can be what they want to be."

source:http://kickoffnigeria.com/news/39918/mercy-akide-udoh-usl-hall-of-fame-in-florida

Re: Mercy Akide-udoh (former Super Falcon Player) Inducted Into USL Hall Of Fame-pic by MANGAM(m): 6:34am On Dec 18, 2013
Congrate d Udohs
Re: Mercy Akide-udoh (former Super Falcon Player) Inducted Into USL Hall Of Fame-pic by Tolexander: 6:45am On Dec 18, 2013
Congrats woman!
Re: Mercy Akide-udoh (former Super Falcon Player) Inducted Into USL Hall Of Fame-pic by AbuMikey(m): 9:02am On Dec 18, 2013

Congrats smiley

I can remember her big booty during her playing days, which is a few years ago.

As for Colin Udoh, na Man You be! cheesy

Re: Mercy Akide-udoh (former Super Falcon Player) Inducted Into USL Hall Of Fame-pic by Tolexander: 9:23am On Dec 18, 2013
Abu Mikey:

Congrats smiley

I can remember her big booty during her playing days, which is a few years ago.

As for Colin Udoh, na Man You be! cheesy

still wondering how those booty escaped being kicked in place of football in her playing days on the pitch.
Re: Mercy Akide-udoh (former Super Falcon Player) Inducted Into USL Hall Of Fame-pic by cooldipo(m): 3:51am On Dec 24, 2013
I wonder why this is not on the front page yet.....is it because she is a woman? To succeed anywhere is tough enough and to be a celebrated hero in a foreign land is even tougher....Congrats Mercy! I celebrate you..... from you no 1 fan in Ifaki Ekiti

(1) (Reply)

See The Lady That Look So Much Like Ander Hererra / More Heartbreaks Await Nigerian Fans As Keshi Fail To Beat Amateur Side / Kenya Tops The Final Medal Table At The ‪beijingworlds2015‬

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.