Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,195 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:27 AM

My Experience At Campus Life Correspondence Workshop By The Nation Newspaper - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / My Experience At Campus Life Correspondence Workshop By The Nation Newspaper (861 Views)

Female UNILAG Student Electrocuted At Campus Hostel / Open University: Barred From Serving The Nation / Campus Life....true Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Experience At Campus Life Correspondence Workshop By The Nation Newspaper by yemiprof(m): 7:25am On Dec 18, 2013
The weekend of 13th - 15th Dec. 2013 is probably my best weekend ever, I have not receive such a five star treatment for consecutive days in a long time.

The event was 12th workshop/Dinner and award night for all correspondence of Campus life section of The nation newspaper usually published on thursdays. In attendance were students from different campuses across the federation.
The event was sponsored by Nigeria Bottling Company and Cocacola Nigeria Limited.
We arrived at Citilodge Hotel Lekki around 4:30pm on friday with warm reception by the hotel personnel offering us a cup of Juice each with Chin chin, also Cocacola Van was already at the hotel to stock the Hotel with lots of NBC's product for our consumption.
At 6pm we moved to Lamboghini Event Centre, just 3 minute drive from the Hotel, the venue of the Dinner and award ceremony and it such a colourful and memorable dinner as the Hall was fully decorated red in Cocacola colour
Ayo Owoduni, a presenter with radio continental was the MC for the night while Prof. Pat Utomi was the Chief Speaker, Prof. shared with us how rascal he was back then in school.
Everyone served themselves different type of delicacies, Personally I couldn't finish the food I served myself, I was full.
We returned to the hotel around 11pm friday, all tired, we all resorted to our beds and the following morning, it was time for workshop/seminar proper by 8am, though, I miss my breakfast because some of us did not know the schedules.
At the seminar a lot was shared with us from Cocacola, Editor of Campus Life - Wale Ajetunmobi and Tolu Ogunlesi, the CNN/Multichoice award winner.
During the seminar I forgot about missing my breakfast due to the excitement and the number of Coke, Fanta, Sprite I drank that day was uncountable. I'm thinking of getting some 'agbo Jedi' anyway but on the contrary, cocola manager who spoke at the seminar dismiss the belief that Cocacola gives diabetes and that the sugar content is very low.
Later in the afternoon we visited kids living with Cancer at Lagos University teaching Hospital (Luth) and also visited the wife of Donald Duke the former Governor of cross rivers state who also owns an NGO canvassing for support for cancer patients.
Afterwards, we return to the hotel, with our dinner ready, delicious variety of food we had.
After the dinner, it was time to get into that swimming pool I have been eyeing since I stepped into that hotel, though I can't swim but I like playing with water. Playing at the side that is shallow, soon I was tempted to swim towards the deep part and I indeed regret doing that as I was drowning before those around came to my rescue, since then my phobia for water had increased.
The experience is one I'll continue to treasure for a long time. It feels good to be among some of the best campus journalist in the country right now because recently The nation newspaper was named Newspaper of the year at Nigeria Media merit awards and it has remained the only newspaper that had maintained campus life section for seven years. I'm privileged being the only representative from University of Lagos.
A big thank you to The nation newspaper, Late Ms. Ngozi Agbo, the Pioneer of Campus Life section, Nigeria Bottling Company and Cocacola Nigeria Limited.

www.adeyemiolalemi.

(1) (Reply)

FG Played A Real One On ASUU By Not Paying Their Owed Salary / How Did U Feel When U Got Back To Your Room In School??? / 2014 NIIT Nigeria National Scholarship Application And Examinaton

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.