Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,801 members, 7,817,316 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:04 AM

My Honda Accord 2002 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Honda Accord 2002 (889 Views)

How Do I Care For Honda Accord 2002 Model-ennison / Why Is My Honda City Revving Itself.help Pls / Why Does My Honda Accord 2005 Model Rev Itself Any Time I Start It. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Honda Accord 2002 by Klem28(m): 12:44pm On Dec 19, 2013
GREETINGS my people on Nairaland, I have this issue with my car which I want all of you with ideas to please kindly contribute. This car, when I start it to warm it up in d morning, it will suddenly go off. Also, when I am at junction ot at pot holes or bad road which require me to press brake a little, the engine will also go off. My Mechanic told me the igition is low and raised it but d problem persist. Pls help me with ur useful comment. It is urgent pls
Re: My Honda Accord 2002 by abatically(m): 1:13pm On Dec 19, 2013
Do u have a check engine light on
Re: My Honda Accord 2002 by camry2008: 1:17pm On Dec 19, 2013
very simple, just flush the Injector and nuzzles, clean the air filter, come back and give ur testimony

1 Like

Re: My Honda Accord 2002 by Klem28(m): 1:33pm On Dec 19, 2013
abatically: Do u have a check engine light on
yes, d check engine light is on
Re: My Honda Accord 2002 by abatically(m): 1:33pm On Dec 19, 2013
camry-2008:
very simple, just flush the Injector and nuzzles, clean the air filter, come back and give ur testimony

U seem very sure that will solve the problem, but what if it doesn't? What about the idle air control valve (iacv), throttle body position sensor (TPS),MAF sensor, or maybe misfire. The first step toward troubleshooting is to see if there is a check engine light on, then scan the car.
Re: My Honda Accord 2002 by sultaan(m): 5:57pm On Dec 19, 2013
Your mechanic adjusting the idle speed just made your problem worse he did not fix the original problem just covered it up. Scan the car first and post the code(s)
Re: My Honda Accord 2002 by Klem28(m): 7:37pm On Dec 19, 2013
sultaan: Your mechanic adjusting the idle speed just made your problem worse he did not fix the original problem just covered it up. Scan the car first and post the code(s)
Ok, I will go ahead to scan it. Tanx bro
Re: My Honda Accord 2002 by icemann(m): 10:27pm On Dec 19, 2013
Just to let you know, your mechanic didn't adjust s'hit. Your car idling is "Auto adjust", you would need to reprogram the ECU aka brain box for the idling to change. It is a complex stuff and it is Illegal in most countries. I do not recommend it. What ever he did is not the solution. To solve your problem do a scan first.
Re: My Honda Accord 2002 by Klem28(m): 1:13pm On Dec 20, 2013
icemann: Just to let you know, your mechanic didn't adjust s'hit. Your car idling is "Auto adjust", you would need to reprogram the ECU aka brain box for the idling to change. It is a complex stuff and it is Illegal in most countries. I do not recommend it. What ever he did is not the solution. To solve your problem do a scan first.
tanx baba, tuale sir!

(1) (Reply)

BMW Model To Buy / Whinining Sound At The Back Whenever I De-acelerate /slow Down (lexus 330) / 10 Tips On Car Maintenance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.