Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,431 members, 7,819,557 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:08 PM

After Buying A Registered Car, What Next? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / After Buying A Registered Car, What Next? (968 Views)

Bringing A Registered Car From Guinea Conakry To Nigeria / Hissing Sound Wen Steering My Car; What's Wrong / Selling A Registered Car With New Number Plate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

After Buying A Registered Car, What Next? by AKMoney1(m): 3:09pm On Dec 19, 2013
Please house and car gurus i need your contributions to this topic.
I'm hoping to buy a registered car offer for sale by my neighbour, and since it's going to be my first ride i have this question bothering my mind.

After buying, do i just grab the key and cruise around town and be rest assured that no goverment official will harass me or do i need additional documentation? If yes, what and what?

Many thanks in advance.
Re: After Buying A Registered Car, What Next? by tyoseni(m): 3:21pm On Dec 19, 2013
Get an acknowledgement purchase receipt from him, then take it to a licensing office for change of ownership and other documentation.
Re: After Buying A Registered Car, What Next? by AKMoney1(m): 3:23pm On Dec 19, 2013
tyoseni: Get an acknowledgement purchase receipt from him, then take it to a licensing office for change of ownership and other documentation.

Thanks bro, please how much will that cost and do i have to change the plate number too?
Re: After Buying A Registered Car, What Next? by Nobody: 3:44pm On Dec 19, 2013
While buying the car you would have collected the original car documents from the car owner.
Apart from that, the only other things you'll need is to do change of ownership, receipt of purchase if from a dealership, and maybe police report to show that the police is aware of the transaction just in case kasala burst.
Just my 2cents sha, i'm still a relative newbie in car matters. Let the more experienced men in the house talk.

1 Like

Re: After Buying A Registered Car, What Next? by DisGuy: 2:53pm On Dec 20, 2013
Ask him when he serviced it last, take it for full service and MOT
Re: After Buying A Registered Car, What Next? by MrAvalon: 8:26am On Dec 21, 2013
Start making friends with street mechanics....cos it won't b long b4 it strt acting up....y did u buy a naija. Used car? Wen u knw hw nigerians use cars lik Goats
Re: After Buying A Registered Car, What Next? by AKMoney1(m): 9:01am On Dec 21, 2013
Mr Avalon: Start making friends with street mechanics....cos it won't b long b4 it strt acting up....y did u buy a naija. Used car? Wen u knw hw nigerians use cars lik Goats
lol

(1) (Reply)

How To Maintain Your Car Tires / World Fastest SUV Car / Have U Been Duped Or Know Someone Who Was, By NCS?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.