Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,071 members, 7,818,200 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:12 AM

Beyonce Reveals Her Reasons For Featuring Chimamanda Adichie In Her New Album - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Beyonce Reveals Her Reasons For Featuring Chimamanda Adichie In Her New Album (3725 Views)

Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons / American Actress Thanks AY For Featuring Her In His Movie / Beyonce Reveals Blue Ivy's Face (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beyonce Reveals Her Reasons For Featuring Chimamanda Adichie In Her New Album by teebiggs(m): 3:43pm On Dec 19, 2013
Multiple award-winning American singer, Beyonce Knowles has explained why she featured Nigerian writer, Chimamanda Adichie in her new album. Explaining why she featured the "Half of a Yellow Sun" author in one of her songs titled "Flawless", Beyonce in a chat with UK Mirror said, “I was going through videos on feminity on Youtube, when I came across this video of this incredible Nigerian author, Chimamanda Adichie. Everything she said is exactly how I feel my message in this album was finding the beauty in imperfection,” Bey continues.

“I had this image of this trophy and me accepting these awards and kind of training myself to be a champion and at the end of the day when you go through all of these things, is it worth it? I mean, you get this trophy and you’re like, I basically starved, I have neglected all the people that I love, I’ve conformed to what everybody else thinks I should be and I have this trophy. What does that mean?
The trophy represents all of the sacrifices I made as a kid, all the time I lost being on the road in the studios as a child and I just want to throw that s**t up!”

The star also spoke about her daughter, Blue Ivy and hubby Jay Z, and what she’s up to lately. She said: “I have a lot of awards and I have a lot of these things that are amazing and I worked my ass off, I worked harder than probably everybody I know to get those things, but nothing feels like my child singing ‘mummy’.”

The megastar mum-of-one then goes on to say she’s striving for for love, happiness and fun, saying:
“No, nothing feels like when I look my husband in the eyes, nothing feels like when I’m respected, when I get on the stage and I see I’m changing peoples lives. Those are the things that matter and at this point in my life that’s what I’m striving for growth, love, happiness, fun.” She also gave one final piece of advice to her fans, which is; “Enjoy your life, its short. That’s the message!” she added.

http://enquizzle..com/2013/12/beyonce-reveals-her-reasons-for.html

Re: Beyonce Reveals Her Reasons For Featuring Chimamanda Adichie In Her New Album by homesteady(m): 4:01pm On Dec 19, 2013
Cool!
Re: Beyonce Reveals Her Reasons For Featuring Chimamanda Adichie In Her New Album by Nobody: 6:09pm On Dec 19, 2013
Better a woman is respected for what she has upstairs than what she has in the mid-section and down below.

Today's women only think of improving their looks and neglecting their brain. Hardwork pays.

2 Likes

Re: Beyonce Reveals Her Reasons For Featuring Chimamanda Adichie In Her New Album by Nobody: 7:47pm On Dec 19, 2013
nice.....
Re: Beyonce Reveals Her Reasons For Featuring Chimamanda Adichie In Her New Album by Nobody: 8:03pm On Dec 19, 2013
Oh, I see.
Re: Beyonce Reveals Her Reasons For Featuring Chimamanda Adichie In Her New Album by Dannylux: 8:14pm On Dec 19, 2013
Interesting.
Re: Beyonce Reveals Her Reasons For Featuring Chimamanda Adichie In Her New Album by AbuMikey(m): 8:26pm On Dec 19, 2013
utumunta: Better a woman is respected for what she has upstairs than what she has in the mid-section and down below.

Today's women only think of improving their looks and neglecting their brain. Hardwork pays.

True words sir! smiley

Re: Beyonce Reveals Her Reasons For Featuring Chimamanda Adichie In Her New Album by EloquentMedia: 8:38pm On Dec 19, 2013
The world knows that this life is short but instead of them to use it to prepare for the longer life after here they advice you "enjoy it" most times at the expense of the life after. Enjoy it while it last sha. But if I'm you I'll act wiser
Re: Beyonce Reveals Her Reasons For Featuring Chimamanda Adichie In Her New Album by Peterwizzy: 9:08pm On Dec 19, 2013
hmmmmmmm
Re: Beyonce Reveals Her Reasons For Featuring Chimamanda Adichie In Her New Album by iamdhebuck(m): 9:44pm On Dec 19, 2013
EloquentMedia: The world knows that this life is short but instead of them to use it to prepare for the longer life after here they advice you "enjoy it" most times at the expense of the life after. Enjoy it while it last sha. But if I'm you I'll act wiser
they have brought their religious mumbo jombo here again.Beyonce is agnostic she doesn't care bout ur fairytale afterlife

1 Like

Re: Beyonce Reveals Her Reasons For Featuring Chimamanda Adichie In Her New Album by Nobody: 10:02pm On Dec 19, 2013
Wow, This is nice ... Front page? cheesy
Re: Beyonce Reveals Her Reasons For Featuring Chimamanda Adichie In Her New Album by RedCard1(m): 10:43pm On Dec 19, 2013
I discovered Chimamanda has brains long time ago after I read 'Purple Hibiscus', her best work so far. That book is more than brilliant.
Re: Beyonce Reveals Her Reasons For Featuring Chimamanda Adichie In Her New Album by freda506(f): 11:00pm On Dec 19, 2013
cool!
Re: Beyonce Reveals Her Reasons For Featuring Chimamanda Adichie In Her New Album by eltido(m): 12:45am On Dec 20, 2013
Nice one beyonce
Re: Beyonce Reveals Her Reasons For Featuring Chimamanda Adichie In Her New Album by Madamspeaker(f): 12:49am On Dec 20, 2013
Dis is really great...
Btw,is dat Amanda up dere?....hmmm,i fink she is more buriful without make-up

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Messiah 'AHMED MUSA' Poses For Picture With A Fan / Nose Ring Drama; Cynthia Morgan Vs Young Thug, Who Rocked It Better? / Singer Kcee's Wife Finally Spotted In Public (+ Her Photos Then And Now)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.