Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,245 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:06 AM

Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons (51568 Views)

Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Rebukes Dr. Sid On Instagram Over Sexy Dance Video / Tonto Dikeh Quits Her Marriage, See Her Reasons / Fan Calls Out Omotola For Dressing Too Sexy For A Married Woman & She Claps Back (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by seguntheblogger: 2:19pm On Aug 10, 2015
In an interview with NewTelegraph,Omotola Jalade Ekehinde made known her wish to have Buhari scrap NYSC. Read excerpts below:

What advice do you have for President Muhammadu Buhari?

He should scrap NYSC. It’s not useful, he should please do that for Nigerians. Our children don’t need it anymore.

Why do you want NYSC scrapped, knowing fully well it’s a national orientation programme?

I have looked at the programme thoroughly and exactly what it’s supposed to have achieved over the years. Believe me, there is no credible or tangible result. It’s a total waste of time and resources and I think all the time and resources should be channelled into something more resourceful.

For instance, I have had situations where some members of my staff, in the name of NYSC, left for a year only to come back and their spaces had been taken by another. You can imagine. NYSC is not just adding any value to our society or even to the lives of our children.

Source :http://streetgist.com/omotola-wants-buhari-to-scrap-nysc-see-her-reasons/

31 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by Nobody: 2:22pm On Aug 10, 2015
As much as i want to agree with her.

I'd first like to see pictures of her in an NYSC khaki uniform.

231 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by Ufranklin92(m): 2:23pm On Aug 10, 2015
ok,that may be true
And our youths just go there to fvck and fvck one another
That's all

117 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by Nobody: 2:24pm On Aug 10, 2015
Ufranklin92:
ok,that may be true

That's all

Is that what you went there to do?

210 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by seguntheblogger: 2:26pm On Aug 10, 2015
So what do you think?..

Cc lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by ULSHERLAN(m): 2:28pm On Aug 10, 2015
Ufranklin92:
ok,that may be true

That's all

Lol

You may be right

24 Likes

Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by chocolateme(f): 2:29pm On Aug 10, 2015
The atrocities that will be committed by youths in that one year of not being in active service will be outrageous..

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by seguntheblogger: 2:30pm On Aug 10, 2015
NAIJA youth should go and do something better instead of this Nysc programe

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by Nobody: 2:31pm On Aug 10, 2015
LoL. Her reasons don't even convince the small ME. Hahahaha. Tell her to think again then retry.

79 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by Jetjacky(m): 2:31pm On Aug 10, 2015
She is correct scrap the damn thing off existence. Nija would gain a lot without it

9 Likes

Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by Shebarh(f): 2:32pm On Aug 10, 2015
aiint sure am gonna do dat NYSC of a tin sef.. too me it's' just a complete waste of one year undecided

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by Bonapart(m): 2:32pm On Aug 10, 2015
She has no tangible reason.... seems like a baby is blabbing

Omotola go lick stew

86 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by nerodenero: 2:32pm On Aug 10, 2015
For instance, I have had situations where some members of my staff, in the name of NYSC, left for a year only to come back and their spaces had been taken by another.
With the high unemployment rate, NYSC has partially given employment for about 11 months to so many fresh graduates despite the salary being small. After NYSC and still jobless, many would now know its importance. Unemployment needs to be tackled.

70 Likes

Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by Pebcak: 2:33pm On Aug 10, 2015

10 Likes

Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by seguntheblogger: 2:33pm On Aug 10, 2015
Am currently in 300l nw, me waiting will be like a night made oooo....

2 Likes

Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by Mogidi: 2:33pm On Aug 10, 2015
Any time "Sai Buhari hoodlums" go ballistic they usually look for NYSC members. It should be scrapped to deny Buhari supporters any more victim.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by Ufranklin92(m): 2:33pm On Aug 10, 2015
kennygee:

Aunty,i just spoke my mind.

That's all

3 Likes

Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by MadCow1: 2:33pm On Aug 10, 2015
Rubbish yarns..

The scheme had a good plan but like with everything in this nation it has been destroyed by corruption and lack of dedicated workers.

The scheme exposed me to the side of this Nation that I would never have experienced from the comfort of my state.

The scheme should be rebranded to add value to our Graduates. Make the 1 year period into a proper paid skill acquisition programme/para - military program where graduates can pick from a variety of skill programs and Agricultural programs to enroll for and learn it for 1 full year. Upon graduation, the government can help the brilliant graduates who upon completion can come up with a solid business plan based upon the acquired skills to acquire low interest loans with special tax breaks and grants to set up industries to create more employment. Those who choose education can then be sponsored to Teaching colleges and absolved into our school system. Get Expatriates to set up Technical institutes in all States that would teach our graduates variety of skills from mechanics to manufacturing to agriculture to recycling to construction to name it..

The program had a brilliant plan but now it's just been crippled by corruption.

Fix the program not scrap it..

143 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by bqlekan(m): 2:33pm On Aug 10, 2015
she is right, the scheme should be scrapped. its just a waste of time

4 Likes

Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by iykedare(m): 2:34pm On Aug 10, 2015
Nysc is just an opportunity to Bleep around tongue

5 Likes

Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by joseph1832(m): 2:34pm On Aug 10, 2015
Well I don't know about you but Omotola sound dumb in what she just said. Imagine just for that reason she wants N.Y.S.C scrapped? If some members of her staff were 'primus interparas' she wouldn't have replaced them just because they went for N.Y.S.C.

I'll say this that whoever call for the 'scrap' of N.Y.S.C didn't serve Nigeria and even if that person did serve, they really didn't serve because anybody who 'truly' experience N.Y.S.C, from your P.P.A to your C.D.S in your host community will never call for scrap of it.

78 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by Nobody: 2:35pm On Aug 10, 2015
Great
Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by Akshow: 2:35pm On Aug 10, 2015
K
Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by Tonniey(m): 2:35pm On Aug 10, 2015
I doubt if she went through the program..... NYSC wey university guys and ladies start to dream of once they get to 400l.....If dey catch u enhhh

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by Nobody: 2:36pm On Aug 10, 2015
kennygee:

pls help me ask the person

6 Likes

Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by Avero(m): 2:38pm On Aug 10, 2015
cool... she's quite right
The training has out lived it's usefulness

2 Likes

Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by ATMC(f): 2:38pm On Aug 10, 2015
Omotola pls do not expose your ignorance of the purpose of the scheme. Thank you.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by Nobody: 2:38pm On Aug 10, 2015
kennygee:
As much as i want to agree with her.
I'd first like to see pictures of her in an NYSC khaki uniform.
Sis,
Are you trying to say that she is not a graduate? well, to me she is entitled to her opinion.

3 Likes

Re: Omotola Wants Buhari To Scrap NYSC. See Her Reasons by wyqay: 2:38pm On Aug 10, 2015
YOUR OPINION DOES NOT COUNT HERE.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Davido's Dad, Deji Adeleke, Records The Arrival Of Davido & Chioma's Twins / Bolanle Ninalowo And Regina Daniels Strike A Pose On Set Of 'The Enemy I Know' / Teni Hailed For Juggling Football With Her Chest (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.