Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,881 members, 7,956,323 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 09:58 AM

Do Children Still Say "Thank You" To Parent After Each Meal? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Do Children Still Say "Thank You" To Parent After Each Meal? (1511 Views)

How to parent a Stubborn Ward / How Can Someone Cheat On You BUT Still Say They Love You? / Why Do Children Love Me Too Much? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Children Still Say "Thank You" To Parent After Each Meal? by pembisco(m): 11:07am On Dec 20, 2013
Do children of nawadays still go to there parent, mum in particular to say 'thank you' after each meal? Cos i rememba here those days in d north, children did that...i dnt knw abt now
Re: Do Children Still Say "Thank You" To Parent After Each Meal? by mysticgal(f): 12:05pm On Dec 20, 2013
Don't tell my parents thank you,then you will know how farangry
Re: Do Children Still Say "Thank You" To Parent After Each Meal? by 4tunebest(f): 12:28pm On Dec 20, 2013
We still do @ home but when guests are present, they are like 'what the... was that?'
Re: Do Children Still Say "Thank You" To Parent After Each Meal? by nat138: 1:51pm On Dec 20, 2013
Lol I still say "thank you" to whoever gives me food after eating. Not limited to just my parents or family, but friends as well. Some people really get angry over this though and I have never understood why.
Re: Do Children Still Say "Thank You" To Parent After Each Meal? by catholy: 2:13pm On Dec 20, 2013
I stil do even to my mother in law, bt most times she wil laugh at me cos they ar nt used to it.
Re: Do Children Still Say "Thank You" To Parent After Each Meal? by pembisco(m): 2:16pm On Dec 20, 2013
mysticgal: Don't tell my parents thank you,then you will know how farangry
dts serious. Is it jst ur mum or ur culture entirely
Re: Do Children Still Say "Thank You" To Parent After Each Meal? by pembisco(m): 2:21pm On Dec 20, 2013
4tunebest: We still do @ home but when guests are present, they are like 'what the... was that?'
can u kindly post hw u say it pls? Asin do u say thanks mum for d meal or jst thanks mum
Re: Do Children Still Say "Thank You" To Parent After Each Meal? by 4tunebest(f): 2:38pm On Dec 20, 2013
We actually say ''thank u sir, God bless u sir, God will provide for u sir'' all in one breath. Those are the words mum taught us to say to dad after each meal or any other goodies given to us. When guests are present, or when we go visiting and we repeat thesame to our hosts, there's always this funny look on their faces. grin so we stop @ thank u sir/ma to show appreciation to outsiders, but the ''God bless u sir/ma, God will provide for u sir/ma is reserved exclusively for our parents.
pembisco:
can u kindly post hw u say it pls? Asin do u say thanks mum for d meal or jst thanks mum
Re: Do Children Still Say "Thank You" To Parent After Each Meal? by pembisco(m): 3:39pm On Dec 20, 2013
4tunebest: We actually say ''thank u sir, God bless u sir, God will provide for u sir'' all in one breath. Those are the words mum taught us to say to dad after each meal or any other goodies given to us. When guests are present, or when we go visiting and we repeat thesame to our hosts, there's always this funny look on their faces. grin so we stop @ thank u sir/ma to show appreciation to outsiders, but the ''God bless u sir/ma, God will provide for u sir/ma is reserved exclusively for our parents.

wow! Seems u hv good upbringing.
Re: Do Children Still Say "Thank You" To Parent After Each Meal? by zeb04(f): 5:53pm On Dec 20, 2013
angry I say tnk u,wen I see chicken lap on my plate
Re: Do Children Still Say "Thank You" To Parent After Each Meal? by Bawss1(m): 8:38pm On Dec 20, 2013
pembisco:
wow! Seems u hv good upbringing.

So reciting a mantra of thanks after each meal is good upbringing. cheesy

I'm just messing with you. grin grin grin
Re: Do Children Still Say "Thank You" To Parent After Each Meal? by bebe2(f): 11:55pm On Dec 20, 2013
mine kids say ''thank you'' but only after a special meal, not after each meal.
Re: Do Children Still Say "Thank You" To Parent After Each Meal? by Chinwem(f): 12:08am On Dec 21, 2013
We grew up saying thank you after every ,meal.......I think I ll let my kids continue the tradition smiley
Re: Do Children Still Say "Thank You" To Parent After Each Meal? by Nobody: 9:12am On Dec 21, 2013
In my house you can say thank you Sir/ma or you chant their title names.
Re: Do Children Still Say "Thank You" To Parent After Each Meal? by Nobody: 9:57am On Dec 21, 2013
My husband and kids do so thanks after each meal,i also deliver the thanks when I eat in someone else's house.
Re: Do Children Still Say "Thank You" To Parent After Each Meal? by fidatt(f): 11:06am On Dec 21, 2013
Yes
Re: Do Children Still Say "Thank You" To Parent After Each Meal? by 234GT(m): 3:26pm On Dec 21, 2013
THANK YOU MY FOOT. It is the duty of parents to provide food for their children. If you can't feed a child, don't bring one to the world.
Re: Do Children Still Say "Thank You" To Parent After Each Meal? by tpia5: 3:31pm On Dec 21, 2013
If some say and some don't say, outsiders should butt out.
Re: Do Children Still Say "Thank You" To Parent After Each Meal? by trixandra(f): 4:02pm On Dec 21, 2013
I still do that not only at home bt when I visit my friends. It shows you are grateful. Some people dön't even have that privilege
Re: Do Children Still Say "Thank You" To Parent After Each Meal? by ireneidiva(f): 4:22am On Dec 22, 2013
Never have.
Re: Do Children Still Say "Thank You" To Parent After Each Meal? by Emmyk(m): 12:07pm On Dec 22, 2013
Of course I do, When she shows me my portion. smileysmiley
Re: Do Children Still Say "Thank You" To Parent After Each Meal? by breathless(m): 1:14pm On Dec 22, 2013
My kids do say so (thank you) in my native language.

I also say thank you to me spouse (sometimes)

(1) (Reply)

funny street names i grew up with. / 7 Habits Of Chronically Unhappy People / Widow Uses Frozen Sperm Of Her Dead Husband To Have Two Babies (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.