Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,690 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:50 PM

How Can I Make My Form Interactive? - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How Can I Make My Form Interactive? (4533 Views)

How Do I Create An Interactive Website / How Can I Make My Blog Appear On Top Google Search / Help! How Do I Make My Website Have Two Different Languages? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can I Make My Form Interactive? by Nobody: 6:32pm On Dec 21, 2013
Oga Seun is definately a nice guy for this to make FP
Re: How Can I Make My Form Interactive? by Nobody: 7:48pm On Dec 21, 2013
Phder: Javascript would make your life easier with form validation.

Some People Have Javascript turned off on their Browsers.. He should use server side lang(PHP) to achieve this..

Some one Posted something about using if(isset) and if(empty) functions.. Use that, It'll help u as most people use Mobile Browsers to Visit websites..

1 Like

Re: How Can I Make My Form Interactive? by Afam4eva(m): 7:50pm On Dec 21, 2013
Djangocode:

[b]Some People Have Javascript turned off on their Browsers.. He should use server side lang(PHP) to achieve this..

Some one Posted something about using if(isset) and if(empty) functions.. Use that, It'll help u as most people use Mobile Browsers to Visit websites..
[/b]
I was going to say this too. he could also have both(client side and server side).

1 Like

Re: How Can I Make My Form Interactive? by Nobody: 7:51pm On Dec 21, 2013
Djangocode:

Some People Have Javascript turned off on their Browsers.. He should use server side lang(PHP) to achieve this..

Thanks.
Re: How Can I Make My Form Interactive? by onyengbu: 7:58pm On Dec 21, 2013
Djangocode:

Good advice but also, people hardly turn off javascript these days... i mean, what for? Again almost all mobile browsers run js.

For me its ok to use both, it reduces script run-time. If you run a big web application, there is probability that majority of your users will run the client-side validation. If the form (in this case) is validated on clientside and users fill out all that is required before sending it to your server, it takes away big load off your server.
Re: How Can I Make My Form Interactive? by NobleG1(m): 11:09pm On Dec 21, 2013
If you have ₦6k, I'll build you a powerful form that uses MySQL or a flat file (CSV).
Also if you want a powerful well-designed Google form (its default design is c*rap) which naturally saves file in Google Spreadsheet. Which removes the hassles of coding.
Re: How Can I Make My Form Interactive? by dyweb(m): 11:13pm On Dec 21, 2013
Djangocode:

The percentage of people with javascript turned off is very low these days.

I recommend you to use javascript first and also use php again on the server.

By doing this, the form wont submit if it contains errors hence, there will be less work for the server. With return true and return false, you will achieve this in javascript or jquery.

last bullet: if you have not learned javascript, dive into it now because you will need it badly.
Re: How Can I Make My Form Interactive? by globalwaly(m): 11:34pm On Dec 21, 2013
you should use Php for that
Re: How Can I Make My Form Interactive? by Nobody: 8:14am On Dec 22, 2013
dyweb:

The percentage of people with javascript turned off is very low these days.

I recommend you to use javascript first and also use php again on the server.

By doing this, the form wont submit if it contains errors hence, there will be less work for the server. With return true and return false, you will achieve this in javascript or jquery.

last bullet: if you have not learned javascript, dive into it now because you will need it badly.

Lemme give u an instance:

I use Operamini on ma Phone most times to browse pages because of the way it organizes web pages. I don't use the normal default phone browser cuz the navigation is always poor(moving up, right, left, down).. I also know of plenty people who prefer operamini and when u use Javascript to code this ish, It'll affect these group of people..

I aint saying Javascript aint good buh I guess the OP's target is satisfying all his site visitors and that's where php beats javascript..
Re: How Can I Make My Form Interactive? by ebukaezeh(m): 11:19am On Dec 22, 2013
Afam4eva: Dreamweaver is just a platform. What scripting language do you use? PHP, JSP, ASP.net, pearl etc?
PERL nt pearl
Re: How Can I Make My Form Interactive? by Afam4eva(m): 11:50am On Dec 22, 2013
ebukaezeh: PERL nt pearl
No mind me.
Re: How Can I Make My Form Interactive? by candiva2013(m): 1:07pm On Dec 22, 2013
Am grateful to everyone who has contributed so far to this thread in one way or the other. Thanks a million, your info are useful.
Re: How Can I Make My Form Interactive? by orbitame2011: 11:15pm On Dec 22, 2013
e-freaky:

Op listen to this man.
What if the user disables javascript on his/her browser.Apart from using javascript validation,it's also good to validate your form at the server side with PHP or any server side scripting language.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Latest 9mobile Unlimited Free Browsing Cheat For August/september 2017 Is Back A / How To Add PHP Scripts To Blogger / Blog And Website Owners One Opporturnity For You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.