Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,488 members, 7,819,769 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:51 PM

She Lied About Her Town; Should He Marry Her? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / She Lied About Her Town; Should He Marry Her? (1555 Views)

My Wife Lied About Her Age, What Should I Do? / My Friends Wife Lied About Her Virginity. / She Lied About Her Sick Mum To Be With Another Man All Through The Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

She Lied About Her Town; Should He Marry Her? by charlsecy(m): 11:47am On Dec 20, 2013
A guy was dating a girl for years. He asked her what was her hometown, she lied about it. When the guy's father asked her where she was from, she equally lied.

Later the girl got pregnant for him, and was delivered of twins. Now the girl has revealed that she is from a town, other than the one she earlier supplied, now giving her true town.

The guy is now confused. Should he go ahead and marry the girl?
Re: She Lied About Her Town; Should He Marry Her? by EfemenaXY: 11:51am On Dec 20, 2013
@OP two questions:

1. What town does this girl hail from? Seeing as she was obviously embarrassed about it or is she from ALUU?

2. Secondly, yes, it was bad that she lied to him and moreso, to his father - but is the guy in question going to marry her town or the girl?
Re: She Lied About Her Town; Should He Marry Her? by charlsecy(m): 11:53am On Dec 20, 2013
She is from Abakiliki, Ebonyi State, but lied she was from Abagana, Anambra State.
Re: She Lied About Her Town; Should He Marry Her? by EfemenaXY: 11:56am On Dec 20, 2013
Okay, so now that the truth's come out, why is the guy in question still confused?
Re: She Lied About Her Town; Should He Marry Her? by zainyrazzy(f): 11:58am On Dec 20, 2013
Mayb dia is sumtin bad abt her origin dat she was tryin to hide
Re: She Lied About Her Town; Should He Marry Her? by charlsecy(m): 11:58am On Dec 20, 2013
He now doubts the girl's intergrity.

zainyrazzy: Mayb dia is sumtin bad abt her origin dat she was tryin to hide

Maybe she is not proud of her town.
Re: She Lied About Her Town; Should He Marry Her? by EfemenaXY: 12:04pm On Dec 20, 2013
Well, they've taken it one step further and included an innoncent child in the picture.

Advise your friend to sit down with this girl and thrash out their differences. He and his people should go meet with the girl's people and get the air cleared up once and for all. Sometimes, what one fears most turns out to be nothing significant when faced head-on.

Unless of course, he's looking for an excuse to backtrack on his promise of marriage to her.
Re: She Lied About Her Town; Should He Marry Her? by charlsecy(m): 12:08pm On Dec 20, 2013
@Mod
Please will you do me the honour of putting this on Front page, to have wider opinions from people.

Thanks.
Re: She Lied About Her Town; Should He Marry Her? by Prowizy2(m): 12:09pm On Dec 20, 2013
OP, am very sure you're the guy, you better start investigating ASAP
Re: She Lied About Her Town; Should He Marry Her? by Nobody: 12:18pm On Dec 20, 2013
U don't need wider opinion. That is very inconsequential. Practiced by more than 50% of our adolescents all around naija.

Unless u r looking for an excuse to bail out.
Even u must hv engaged in that too.
Re: She Lied About Her Town; Should He Marry Her? by greatgod2012(f): 12:39pm On Dec 20, 2013
But seriously, why would she lied about such irrelevant thing such as her hometown? Is there any secret thing she was hiding? I think this is what the guy should do. Let him ask her why she lied about her hometown in the first instance, ask her if there is any secret about her hometown which she didn't want to be traced to. What can make one lie about such an inconsequential thing is what I don't understand.

That being said, since she has told the truth now, and innocent babies are already involved in their relationship, I think the guy should forgive her and marry her, except she was already looking for an excuse to discard the promised marriage.

3 Likes

Re: She Lied About Her Town; Should He Marry Her? by bellong: 12:42pm On Dec 20, 2013
Ask her why she lied first.
Re: She Lied About Her Town; Should He Marry Her? by TV01(m): 12:55pm On Dec 20, 2013
shocked
charlsecy: He now doubts the girl's intergrity. Maybe she is not proud of her town.

He is right too.
Or perhaps not proud of something she or her family has done in their town?

bellong: Ask her why she lied first.

So she can lie again grin?

OP, do your due dilligence very well - aka shine eye.

Shildren don enter sha, so if it's a minor thing - lots of girls lie/delude themselves as a matter of course, just like lots of men are braggarts - forgive (but admonish) her.

If it's a major thing - i.e. she don born pikin already - you can still forgive, but be sure you can live with it and her. Unless of course the thing means you simply cannot be together.

Congrats on the birth of your twins. Hope you are capable and ready to be the best dad you can be.

Teefee
Re: She Lied About Her Town; Should He Marry Her? by Chaulay1: 1:27pm On Dec 20, 2013
Just wondering how close is Abakaliki to Abagana and is Abagana known to many people? The girl in question may not mean any harm at all, you just find out why she didnt tell you the exact place she is from. For example, when people ask me where I am from, I usually mention the main & popular town that is close to my hometown to avoid further unnecessary question especially people that is not too familiar with the state.

This issue is nothing at all except you have something else against her.
Re: She Lied About Her Town; Should He Marry Her? by nekaa(f): 1:29pm On Dec 20, 2013
Did you bother to ask her the reason for lying before you are getting confused... nt everything is rocket science you know...
Re: She Lied About Her Town; Should He Marry Her? by charlsecy(m): 1:46pm On Dec 20, 2013
Prowizy2: OP, am very sure you're the guy.

It is not me!
Re: She Lied About Her Town; Should He Marry Her? by Kenfil(f): 2:28pm On Dec 20, 2013
Chaulay1: Just wondering how close is Abakaliki to Abagana and is Abagana known to many people? The girl in question may not mean any harm at all, you just find out why she didnt tell you the exact place she is from. For example, when people ask me where I am from, I usually mention the main & popular town that is close to my hometown to avoid further unnecessary question especially people that is not too familiar with the state.

This issue is nothing at all except you have something else against her.

Abakaliki is all d way in ebonyi state and no where near abagana anambra state. Anyways she might have her reasons for d lie lie
Re: She Lied About Her Town; Should He Marry Her? by Dantedasz(m): 4:13pm On Dec 20, 2013
@OP,
Be careful. If she lied once, she can lie again.
She lied about an innocuous issue such as home town to you and then went ahead to blatantly lie to your father about the same issue.
1.Abagana-Anambra state.
2.Abakkaliki-Ebonyi state.
Two different places.
Certainly not a slip of tongue.
Hate to be the devil's advocate here but she could also lie about lots of other things including the paternity of the twins.
Congratulations, but I suggest you do a DNA asap.
Good luck.
Re: She Lied About Her Town; Should He Marry Her? by njuwo(m): 4:14pm On Dec 20, 2013
This days people go just dey carry their problem for people head. Op, swear say no be you be the guy. Anyway since the girl don tell una the really town wey she come from wetin dey again na. No be to find her name go the town.
Re: She Lied About Her Town; Should He Marry Her? by Miner13: 4:27pm On Dec 20, 2013
Some lies are told in a relationship to keep it alive.

Thou very wrong but the reason might be, the girl has once ask did you like people from this area or the guy said it in a conversation that he did not like people from this part of the world. So to keep the relationship alive because of the love, the only option left is to lie.
Re: She Lied About Her Town; Should He Marry Her? by baralatie(m): 5:16pm On Dec 20, 2013
I dont see any wrong here!she told u she from new york!ehe!
U wey put belle n ko!

Abeg,the koko is u are now at the stage of 'it is a serious relationship'.come village and do the needful intro and official wed.abi u wan run?
Re: She Lied About Her Town; Should He Marry Her? by Nobody: 5:52pm On Dec 20, 2013
Abakiliki people are usually disregarded by Anambrarians, i don't know why though.
Re: She Lied About Her Town; Should He Marry Her? by veave(f): 5:52pm On Dec 20, 2013
1. she is an outcast
2. she is a slave
3. her family has commited an atrocity
4. anambarians are know not to marry outside their state, she wanted to marry u @ all cost.
5. those kids are not yours, u need a dna.
6. she could be a spirit
7. if the kids are actually urs, collect them and pay her off
8. someone who can comfortably look an old man in the eye and lie will kill u in the future...
9. thanks
10. do w@ pleases you.

1 Like

Re: She Lied About Her Town; Should He Marry Her? by Amhappy(f): 11:07pm On Dec 22, 2013
@ OP correct me if am wrong,this girl's igbo name started with letter 'C' and she gave birth at UPTH. If it is the same girl do tell your friend that he have a good woman. Am sure he knows that too. I didnt hear this story that she lied but i know some big aunties who ur guy somewhat owes his life success to dont want them together just blc of her state of origin. Am from Anambra and i know my people. The paternity of those kids are not in doubt,ur guy knows that too. But if your guy still dont want her at this stage no probs.
Re: She Lied About Her Town; Should He Marry Her? by Nobody: 12:05am On Dec 23, 2013
I laugh @ d man. Involved.. CunnyMan die, CunnyMan bury,lol.. Ok op, see it dis way, a lot of women knws how protective Igbos can be in getting married to their tribes , even clans or no other. D lady in questn lied to keep her man and d love of her life. And her efforts were crowNd healthy twins.. Is it easy to av twins, even one sef na problem.. And I bet u, she won't sell thosE twins and d guy throwing her out.. She's not a trash, that can b thrown out just like dat.. And I doubt if she's golddigging enough to sell her kids.. Forgive her, locate. Her town, marry her and let her vow never 2 lie 2 u again.. We all LIE for some other reasons.. No one holy Pass.. So we shudnt preach like she has committed d greatest sin of all.. Embrace. Yur family jor.. Do u know how many pple r out there praying 2 av a woman and baby 2. Call theirs? Be forgiving. Its not d end of d world
Re: She Lied About Her Town; Should He Marry Her? by Nobody: 2:52am On Dec 23, 2013
Why would anyone lie over trivial issue,except he/she has something sinister up-sleeve. Left to me,I would end the relationship,and pay her off,if need be,cos I don't want to spend my life with a liar,and verifying issues,or claim. Worst still,she had the gut to also lie to her would-be father inlaw.

Op,tell your friend to run as far as possible,such lady can do anything to cover their track,if situation warrants it.

Lie is lame,it needs many other lies for it to move.
Re: She Lied About Her Town; Should He Marry Her? by Amhappy(f): 7:54am On Dec 23, 2013
@OP am still waiting for you to be sure we are on the same page. They have dated for like 5yrs,so are you saying he just discovered she is from Ebonyi or got to know long before now? I would have loved to speak wit him directly,is he on nairaland? She loves him and ur guy was just an ordinary hustling guy when they met,sure she is not a gold digger. But if he cant forgive her,then no probs
Re: She Lied About Her Town; Should He Marry Her? by chymystique(f): 7:55am On Dec 23, 2013
charlsecy: She is from Abakiliki, Ebonyi State, but lied she was from Abagana, Anambra State.

@Op, I dnt rili blame that lady for lyin abt whr she is from.. .. U c thr is this thing abt Abakiliki ppl.. If u ve stayed in Anambra state b4 u will notice that wen ppl do stupid stuffs(Archaic) dey r usually termed "Onye Abakiliki" and dey r stigmatized in some places..
Re: She Lied About Her Town; Should He Marry Her? by Nobody: 8:06am On Dec 23, 2013
charlsecy: A guy was dating a girl for years. He asked her what was mher hometown, she lied about it. When the guy's father asked her where she was from, she equally lied.

Later the girl got pregnant for him, and was delivered of twins. Now the girl has revealed that she is from a town, other than the one she earlier supplied, now giving her true town.

The guy is now confused. Should he go ahead and marry the girl?

...and you didn't travel to her place all that time?
Re: She Lied About Her Town; Should He Marry Her? by Nobody: 8:16am On Dec 23, 2013
Amhappy: @OP am still waiting for you to be sure we are on the same page. They have dated for like 5yrs,so are you saying he just discovered she is from Ebonyi or got to know long before now? I would have loved to speak wit him directly,is he on nairaland? She loves him and ur guy was just an ordinary hustling guy when they met,sure she is not a gold digger. But if he cant forgive her,then no probs
You dated someone for more than a yr and you never considered it necessary to visit her/ his hometown or have your folks do that if you live far. Now you are bothered about where she come from after she has twins for you.
Abeg live with it!

(1) (Reply)

SMH!!! See What Women Has Turned Us ( Men) Into - Pic / Woman Holds Her Sexual Attacker In A Headlock / Strict Parents Raise The Best Liars.. True Or False??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.