Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:03 AM

How To Care For Your Skin During The Harmattan Season - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / How To Care For Your Skin During The Harmattan Season (5356 Views)

Top 5 Beauty Essentials For The Harmattan Season / Which Of These Would You Rock To keep Your Body Smooth This Harmattan? (PICS) / How To Care For Baby Locs/dreads. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Care For Your Skin During The Harmattan Season by uzoo: 9:01pm On Dec 20, 2013
I'm sure by now you all are feeling the hazy winds , it tends to be felt more in the mornings and at night , and the sad part of it all is what it does to our skin and hair.

to make sure you're covered this season here are a few tips you can follow

SHOWER GEL/CREAM : Forget exfoliating soaps and scrubs (at least not totally, but for now) ,the dry flaky skin you see is signs of dead skin cells already shedding,the best way to start your skin routine every moring this season is to use a shower gel , they are good moisturisers that will not leave your skin dry after you've showered . Dove has a variety of them and very affordable too.

MOISTOURISERS : This is most essential ,if you've been using an average regular moisturiser now is the time to step it up. Look for one with natural oils like coconut oil , jojoba oil e.t.c. or you could whip up some natural shea butter at home add some natural oils and essential oils and you've got your own body cream.

VITAMIN C : Best for everything, good for the skin ,nails and hair. One should have at least 70mg to 100mg everyday.

For more tips read this http://productsthatactuallydowork..com/2013/12/keeping-skin-moisturised-during.html

1 Like

Re: How To Care For Your Skin During The Harmattan Season by uzoo: 3:23pm On Dec 21, 2013
i forgot to add... WATER! WATER! WATER! drink lots of water everyday to keep you hydrated. smiley
Re: How To Care For Your Skin During The Harmattan Season by uzoo: 3:12pm On Dec 23, 2013
smiley
Re: How To Care For Your Skin During The Harmattan Season by Nomski0(f): 3:16pm On Dec 23, 2013
How bout lips?
I'm tired of having to apply and reapply gloss on them, is there a better way of stopping them from "breaking"?
Re: How To Care For Your Skin During The Harmattan Season by Nobody: 4:09pm On Dec 23, 2013
Nomski0: How bout lips?
I'm tired of having to apply and reapply gloss on them, is there a better way of stopping them from "breaking"?

Kiss me often smiley smiley smiley smiley. It moisturizes your lips smiley smiley
Re: How To Care For Your Skin During The Harmattan Season by uzoo: 10:31pm On Dec 23, 2013
Nomski0: How bout lips?

if you visit the link i posted above you will find out that that is actually the fist thing i talked about -lips.

lip gloss like the name implies is just a gloss meaning it will not penetrate the layers of the skin to moisturise your lips but rather stay on the surface of the skin and make it appear shiny,when the gloss wears out the dry flaky skin on the lips is what you still see.
But a lip balm or a lip therapy cream is what moisturises the lips to prevent this.
You can apply the lip balm first ( chapped has really nice flavoured ones, i like the bubble gum flavour) before applying your lip gloss . that way you're getting the best of both.

to stop them from breaking , avoid peeling them off by hand , rather apply and re-apply the lip balm from time to time. i do this mostly after meals or just anytime i feel its dry., this can be 3,4 or 5 times daily.

if you exfoliate your lips once a week using brown sugar and sweet almond oil then apply the lip balm all through that day ( don't keep counts , just apply) . this also helps to prevent dark lips from reappearing.
Re: How To Care For Your Skin During The Harmattan Season by uzoo: 1:45pm On Dec 31, 2013
smiley

(1) (Reply)

Get A logo for 3k, Banner and other designs For Your biz Adverts For Just N1500 / Human Hair / Cool Ways To Tie Your Shoe Laces.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.