Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,269 members, 7,826,030 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:48 AM

Pressing Forward - Winning Each Day Devotional - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pressing Forward - Winning Each Day Devotional (450 Views)

Post-dated Praise Part 2 - Winning Each Day Devotional / Swimming Against The Current - Winning Each Day Devotional / Why You Must Hear From God - Winning Each Day Devotional (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Pressing Forward - Winning Each Day Devotional by PstWoleSoetan(m): 10:21pm On Dec 20, 2013
WINNING EACH DAY DEVOTIONAL

2 Cor 2:14 And thanks be to God who ALWAYS causes us to triumph...

Dec 20, 2013

1 Sam 1:9 So Hannah AROSE after they had finished eating and drinking in Shiloh...

The enemy's strategy to deprive us of all the good things God has promised us is to give us pacifiers.
Pacifiers are poor substitutes for what God has in store for us but many Christians have been deceived and have settled for them. Though Hannah's physical needs had been met, she decided to rise from that spot of temporary reprieve to forge ahead to a place that promised permanent solutions.

We must be careful that our present success does not deter us from future accomplishments. We must always be grateful and appreciative of where God has taken us but we must be ready to rise from that spot to conquer new territories.

Hannah refused to be trapped into giving up her dreams and desires just to stroke her husband's ego 1 Sam 1:8. There are many "well-intentioned" people who have adviced us. They have told us to remember our background and keep our dreams small as dreaming big would only lead to disappointment in the end. Many have tried to give us pacifiers to stop us from pursing a "hopeless dream". They mean well but like Hannah, we must refuse to give up on the dreams God has put in our hearts.

Gen 15:2 But Abram said, “Lord God, what will You give me, seeing I go childless..." Abraham was speaking as though he had received nothing from God which wasn't the case (Gen 13:2). He had received a lot from God but he did not say "God has given me so much, I couldn't possibly ask for more". No! God had made him a promise of an heir and he was not going to be distracted by the other blessings God had given him. He wasn't going to settle for just being full, he was also determined to be fulfilled!
CONFESSION: I'm moving forward day after day. I am a barrier breaker!

PRAYER: I refuse to settle for just being full, I will reach the place of fulfilment in the name of Jesus!

FURTHER STUDY: Ruth 2

(1) (Reply)

Amazing Facts About Christmas / He Sends On Errands / "Many Corrupt Leaders Will Go Down" TB JOSHUA PROPHESIES.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.