Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,669 members, 7,809,530 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:54 AM

This Is My First Hosted Website, What Do You Think? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / This Is My First Hosted Website, What Do You Think? (970 Views)

Webmasters Opinion Needed On Design Of My First Publicly Hosted Website / Get Adsense Approved For Non Hosted Website Easily / My First Hosted Website , Wat Do U Think? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Is My First Hosted Website, What Do You Think? by neowelsh(m): 10:14am On Dec 21, 2013
Compliment of the season, Guru's in the house please help me rate this website. i will appreciate any advice from you guys
thanks
www.studentofnaija.com
Re: This Is My First Hosted Website, What Do You Think? by Afam4eva(m): 10:17am On Dec 21, 2013
It's commendable for a web design noob but i think you can do better. I think your watchword has to be "the simpler the better". Everything looks clogged to me and it will be a turn off for visitors.

2 Likes

Re: This Is My First Hosted Website, What Do You Think? by neowelsh(m): 10:21am On Dec 21, 2013
Afam4eva: It's commendable for a web design noob but i think you can do better. I think your watchword has to be "the simpler the better". Everything looks clogged to me and it will be a turn off for visitors.
thanks for your advice
Re: This Is My First Hosted Website, What Do You Think? by neowelsh(m): 10:30am On Dec 21, 2013
what do you advice i use for the watchword
Re: This Is My First Hosted Website, What Do You Think? by Afam4eva(m): 10:32am On Dec 21, 2013
neo_welsh: what do you advice i use for the watchword
What i mean is that you should plan the structure of your site before you commence. may i know what you used in designing. Did you code the html or did you use Dreamweaver or related software?

1 Like

Re: This Is My First Hosted Website, What Do You Think? by neowelsh(m): 1:54pm On Dec 21, 2013
Afam4eva:
What i mean is that you should plan the structure of your site before you commence. may i know what you used in designing. Did you code the html or did you use Dreamweaver or related software?
coded a little and completed it with Dreamweaver
Re: This Is My First Hosted Website, What Do You Think? by IamGodzilla: 5:22am On Dec 22, 2013
neo_welsh: Compliment of the season, Guru's in the house please help me rate this website. i will appreciate any advice from you guys
thanks
www.studentofnaija.com

Please what hosting service did you use?
Re: This Is My First Hosted Website, What Do You Think? by neowelsh(m): 5:39pm On Dec 24, 2013
Iam_Godzilla:

whogohost.com
Re: This Is My First Hosted Website, What Do You Think? by Nobody: 8:44pm On Dec 24, 2013
I'd really want to help out.
Re: This Is My First Hosted Website, What Do You Think? by ibietela2(m): 8:53pm On Dec 24, 2013
Iam_Godzilla:

I use arvixe
Re: This Is My First Hosted Website, What Do You Think? by Nobody: 11:31pm On Dec 25, 2013

I've never seen so much green in my life, and I live in the east.
Re: This Is My First Hosted Website, What Do You Think? by Ambwelo(m): 10:12pm On Dec 26, 2013
As your first website,I really want to commend your layout and graphics.I think they are cool.You'd just have to work on a couple of minor challenges though.A side effect of having too many graphics and images on your webpage is that the site takes forever to load!I would have clicked away if not that I really wanted to see what the site looked like.I also agree that with a previous commentator that the site would have been better with less of those fancy javascript designs.It's an educational site and you should try to keep it professional.Moreover,there are a number of spelling errors you have to edit and the links in your "popular topics" are not clickable.Overall though I'd say it's a nice work.You sure have potential as a webmaster!
Re: This Is My First Hosted Website, What Do You Think? by Nobody: 12:01am On Dec 27, 2013
Nigerians sef like too much wahala, why worry about building a new website afresh when you can use free open source cms like wordpress and many forum script out there.

Also the color b like say na u gon gon build the nigerian flag. Hopefully i no go blind with the too much green.

www.smartphonel.com
Re: This Is My First Hosted Website, What Do You Think? by Laryokeke: 8:50am On Dec 27, 2013
my advice is simple. do away with the excess menus. reduce the size of your logo and things like "what we say no to " can be included in the "about us" menu . you should achieve a home page of not more than 100kb after this.

and the table s are quite impressive.
Re: This Is My First Hosted Website, What Do You Think? by Nobody: 4:59am On Dec 28, 2013
mrnestyy1985: Nigerians sef like too much wahala, why worry about building a new website afresh when you can use free open source cms like wordpress and many forum script out there.

Also the color b like say na u gon gon build the nigerian flag. Hopefully i no go blind with the too much green.

www.smartphonel.com

its good to understand the bacics,learning from scratch has its benefits
Re: This Is My First Hosted Website, What Do You Think? by Nobody: 5:03am On Dec 28, 2013
spell checking and the page layout and formatting. I am sure someone can point your to a good resource online, if we know what you are building with.Nice first try, now just continue to improve it.best of luck wink

(1) (Reply)

School Management System / Is Google Adsense RPM Withdrawable? / Blackfriday Promo .COM $0.79 || .NET $0.79

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.